When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Call from Paypal

triplehd

Just got a call from Paypal asking me if I made a payment last night (which I did) and asked what I purchased. I told the lady that I was on a call and i would call back.

Has anyone ever received a call from PP? I sent payment to one of our dealers on the site.

ANy thoughts???

Ahhhh. Don't know why, but Eddie Lee always requested I put "Medical Test Kit" in the remarks section. Maybe because he actually dealt in that realm for his real job.

I'm sure anything you come up with will be OK. Probably within their ethics (maybe even our acceptance of their 'terms' in the fine print somewhere) to query arbitrarily, but not to 'push' the issue even if they are suspicious.

They are bastards tho'. Telling them to screw off and mind their own damn business will get your account revoked. It did mine. :lol:

In the future, maybe selecting 'service' will put up a smoke screen. Only if you are using a dealer you trust. Selecting 'goods' is only for your protection should you want to start a 'dispute'. Starting a PayPal dispute with one of RWG's 'trusted dealers'? Might as well tattoo a Scarlet Letter on your avatar. :D

Amazing that they think it's any of their biz what you buy.

The fine print in their 'terms' agreement is from hell Col. Read it sometime. I think a divorce lawyer penned it. Suffice, never carry a balance on PP greater than an imminent purchase, and NEVER varify your PP account to your regular checking. Create a checking account exclusively for PayPal transactions. ESPECIALLY if you use PayPal for 'replica'. They will go into your checking account and withdraw funds from disputes, even unverified disputes, and will freeze any balance they deem fit in your PayPal account and use the money as a free loan any way they wish. Probabaly in the Derivatives Market. For months while you hassle with them. And by clicking 'I accept these terms'? We/You all agreed to it.

It might just be a routing audit check as dludduy indicated above. I will them its a lens that i bought for my camera, which i bought using paypal earlier in the day. Other than that - i will not disclose any additional information.

Thanks Zig and everyone. I had a call from my bank once when i made a purchase using moneybookers too in the past. Ill call Paypal back and let them know i bought a lens for my camera - that's it. Ill say i dont feel safe disclosing any more info and that i answered all of their questions.

Paypal has routinely contacted me because I use their debit card frequently. They just randomly call to verify that I am who I am supposed to be. I have never had a problem with it. They have never asked me specifically what I bought, they just wanted to know how much I spent for the last few transactions. I have to say, they also have great phone support. Super fast to answer the phone - nearly no hold time.

They called me several years ago about a non-Ebay purchase. Seems like for a while anything that wasn't and Ebay purchase was somewhat of a red flag to them. I called them back and told them I bought something, can't even remember what i told them, but they thanked me, and never heard back from them. I think the old Eddie Lee trick was great, as I'm in the Medical field, I always could use "Medical supplies" with no problem.

Just make up something, the Camera Lens is totally OK, actualy it's none of their business, as it's your money!

Arthur

It's SOP... checking for fraud... they've called me a couple of times and asking, if in fact I made the actual purchase.. I just told them I did, watch parts... they are just checking for fraud..nothing more..it is good to know they are on it.. they have blocked numerous attempts for me .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually every time I have called them they have been more than helpful, and courteous..

for me SOP is "watch parts" when queried.

@Arthur.. EL was in fact in the field that you mentioned.. pretty high up the ladder actually.. B)

AC

Lani

I agree with the advice concerning not linking PP to your regular bank account. PP were encouraging/nagging me to do this but when I read the fine print, they are actually asking for authorization to debit at PP's discretion, NO WAY!

For those of you still using a PayPal debit card please take time to understand the terms.

When I ran out of patience with mine several years ago I called to cancel the card.

The terms don't allow you to cancel the card.

Yes, let me repeat that: You cannot cancel the card.

You think that you have some rights, somewhere, with the debit card. You don't.

Your user agreement which you agreed to somewhere, somehow, has stripped you of rights in a way your local bank would be envious of.

I finally found out how to get free of it: clean out all of the cash and then report the card stolen, and when asked about a replacement card, decline it.

Carl