When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BK-WM9 Black Sub V3

seraphe

Congratulations Seraphe , I think its time for me to order one !

You should, while it's still available. Who knows when WM9 will cease production when they get too busy with new projects

Why would you buy a gen when you can have virtually the same thing for 10% of the price. If these reps were readily available Rolex would never stay in business.

These reps are readily available. Waiting time is one month, which is already so much shorter waiting time than most new Rolexes from AD.

Who knows... if there is enough demand, BK might be able to hold stock while it lasts.

thanks for the post, seraphe

-bk

Sure, mate. Your expertise is greatly appreciated to deserve this applaud. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks for the post, seraphe

@shkolnik: you are saying big diameter again. Precisely?! I told you I measured the bezel which is 39.9mm. Gen insert snaps in. How exactly did you conclude that? Precise eyeballing?

-bk

Strange, whom I do not wish to offend, and itself wished to buy these watch, but bezel sticks out over the case, the case small can? It is evident.....

Strange, whom I do not wish to offend, and itself wished to buy these watch, but bezel sticks out over the case, the case small can? It is evident.....

that is okay - even gen Subs have this problem ;)

but you are right the bezel could use some improvements - the good news is that

you can always swap with a gen bezel :)

cheers,

Frank

I don't really know what you are trying to say. I own a GEN, and it looks exactly the same.

It's already been said that the gen insert fits the bezel. How can the bezel be too large? And it's been measured, too.

- rolexer

Edited by rolexer

THe bezel is not too big nor is the case too small. My LV has a gen insert fitted and a gen crystal too all of which fit beautifully. I think members are looking at the pictures and see that the crown is touching or nearly touching the bezel when screwed inb which gives this effect. It is the only flaw in my oinion and is not the same on the V2 cases. The recess inside the lugs has been machined a little too much and has caused the tube to sit too far inside the lugs so that when the crown screws in it is too clsoe to the bezel. This is only on the V3/2824 cases in my experience and I have seen many WM9 watches recently. You can see this if you compare a full frontal shot of a gen Sub and a V3 WM9 Sub. The crown is fully visible on the gen but is slightly hidden on the V3.

Does anyone agree??!!

I'm wearing my gen 16800 today- yes the bezel hangs out over the case. With my $5 chinese calipers, the bezel measures 39.9mm or 40.0mm. Case measures 39.3mm between 2 and 8. Watch is 27 yrs old, been polished once or twice probably.

Bezel assembly is the same for 16800 and 16610 watches, crystals are the same- biggest difference is the rehaut and the movements. Like BK says, you could put a gen 3135 in the V3 if you were so inclined.

THe bezel is not too big nor is the case too small. My LV has a gen insert fitted and a gen crystal too all of which fit beautifully. I think members are looking at the pictures and see that the crown is touching or nearly touching the bezel when screwed inb which gives this effect. It is the only flaw in my oinion and is not the same on the V2 cases. The recess inside the lugs has been machined a little too much and has caused the tube to sit too far inside the lugs so that when the crown screws in it is too clsoe to the bezel. This is only on the V3/2824 cases in my experience and I have seen many WM9 watches recently. You can see this if you compare a full frontal shot of a gen Sub and a V3 WM9 Sub. The crown is fully visible on the gen but is slightly hidden on the V3.

Does anyone agree??!!

yes - this and the terrible pearl are the downers of the V3 :)

regarding the bezel : the problem is see is the thickness and the cutout of the teeth - don't know if this is correct english - hope you understand ;)

but this "problem" is there since V1 ...

see her gen VS V1.5 :

DSC02853.jpg

cheers,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Can a gen bezel really fit onto a WM9? Has anyone tried it yet?

I've been curious about this since day 1...

My WM9 V2 is fitted with gen bezel but it also has a gen crystal retaining ring below. This was a necessary part to install in order to use the gen bezel. I know this because Ubi did the same modification to his.