When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newly arrived DSSD A3135

thogaa

This one arrived in the post yesterday. Well packed.

I kick started the watch and set the time. It ran for about 2 minutes and stopped :black_eye:

The caseback was not tightened and I could easily access the case by simply unscrewing it with my fingers - when I did that I found this little piece rattling inside the watch :g:

DSC05903_1.jpg

Having decided that this wasn't of any importance to the movement I grease up the seals and tightened the caseback to the usual duct tape standard torque.

That issue being out of the way we can carry on with some pictures of the beauty:

(Pics done with mobile phone - please refer to Lani's brilliant review of the watch)

DSC05923.jpg

DSC05924.jpg

Certainly a leap forward with the new date window :victory:

DSC05925-1.jpg

DSC05927-1.jpg

The clasp - a masterpiece :winkiss:

DSC05931-1.jpg

Having resized the bracelet AND LOCTITED ALL SCREWS (remember this!!!)

DSC05914.jpg

Some say the bracelet should have been wider for this model - but that is exactly one of the details I find brilliant in the design. Makes the watch look nice and chunky :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSC05915.jpg

And the lume is very very good :good:

DSC05911-1.jpg

All in all one of the best reps out there. Your choice to go with the clone 3135 like this one or save a few bucks and have an ETA. I don't suppose that anyone else will get a watch with loose parts inside so probably no worries there.

Andrews service and despatch was as always brilliant. Shipping to EU is no problem for Trusty - And noobs remember Andrew does NOT own the scam site www.trustytime.co.uk

Guest techlogik

I would seriously stay away from anything with a 3135 movement...they are complete garbage.

As you found out, loose parts, keyless works screwed up...

And here is a good one, while trying to fix my keyless works, I found a broken part...

Wait..it gets better, as I flip the movement over, I feel something in my other hand move...the winding unit/rotor just plopped right off.

It wasn't even held on with screws!!!!

Unbelievable...get Swiss...it is the same price...

Looks good though besides the movement problem.

Comforting :cry2:

It keeps excellent time though :unsure:

I received one more today as a substitute for the ETA version I ordered - that one turned out to be a christmas present for a random customs officer :angry:

@gioarmani Pics of the movement are in Lani's review - same sh*t :blink:

That is a nice looking watch. Only problem I see is that darn "10" on the bezel insert. That is such and easy fix, I can't understand why they can't make it right. OH! I know, that will be the next edition of the ultimate, absolute greatest DSSD ever made, Version V5.01.02

Great watch and hopefully that little "spare part" isn't something essential.

Arthur

Nice watch

I got minewith 3135 no problems at all in fact by visual comparison its better than my 2836 for sweeping action. Plus time +/- is better or has been. So I assume this is another QA consistency issue as mine came from same place as Techlogik's. 2836 from ETz

That is a nice looking watch. Only problem I see is that darn "10" on the bezel insert. That is such and easy fix, I can't understand why they can't make it right. OH! I know, that will be the next edition of the ultimate, absolute greatest DSSD ever made, Version V5.01.02

Great watch and hopefully that little "spare part" isn't something essential.

Arthur

Thanks

The lost part is this little devil. Doesn't seem to do anything..? :unsure:

dssdreview022.jpg

Thogaa - what film is the sig from? I can see Christopher Walken saying it but cant for the life of me remember the film and now its annoying me!!

So that proves the point that the A3135 is nothing more than an A28xx clone with bits screwed to it fo looks alone,

I would remove this useless addition part if i had one of these just to stop it coming loose, did you find the screw in there also?????

The clone A3135 movement is just the perfect opportunity for a price hike from our dealers, get a true ETA if you can each and every time, especially when you consider they charge the same/more for the A3135 clone over the Swiss ETA version! :p

Sorry to say, but the A3135 is just a rip off, nice high margins for our dealers there, pure and simple.....

I am glad you like the watch and that it is working now, hopefully nothing more falls off! :D

Thanks guys.

Here's an update. My back up DSSD got here today and that's the one I'm keeping. Keeps excellent time and nothing has come off yet. :unsure:

IMPORTANT: TIGHTEN YOUR CASEBACK -_- before start wearing this watch! They seem to be only put on by a weak hand on both the ones I got. :thumbdown:

Thanks guys.

Here's an update. My back up DSSD got here today and that's the one I'm keeping. Keeps excellent time and nothing has come off yet. :unsure:

IMPORTANT: TIGHTEN YOUR CASEBACK -_- before start wearing this watch! They seem to be only put on by a weak hand on both the ones I got. :thumbdown:

They just forgot to buy the DSSD caseback die from Offshore to screw 'em tight before shipping, that's why! :lol:

Wear it well, mate! :thumbsupsmileyanim: