When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Omega 300 Seamaster

lanikai

Purchasing the vintage 300 has curtailed my purchase of the genuine model.. not that the rep is a super rep by any means.. but it has silenced my yearning for the real deal.. :lol: for the time being anyway.. and that's not a bad thing ..

some quick pics.. I've actually had this for a few months now.. but only now strapped it on.. I swapped the rep Nato strap with a Maratac G-10.

omegavintage300014.jpg

omegavintage300007.jpg

omegavintage300009.jpg

omegavintage300006.jpg

omegavintage300008.jpg

omegavintage300004.jpg

omegavintage300015.jpg

BTW.. 2 vintage Omega 300's will be available for the upcoming Mega raffle..

thanks for viewing

AC/Lani

• Like 2

Danke Denz.. B)

the G-10 does go rather well with the vintage 300.... the price of the gen. has gone up, so I think I'll stick with this for awhile.. Ubi has the real deal.. it's a beauty :thumbsupsmileyanim:

actually I think I'll try the brush pen to get the lume to a matte look.. the lume is good but I the lume is shinny :thumbdown: .. the pen should do the trick on the lume markers..

AC/L

Thanks Marrick.. I just ordered another finer fiberglass brush pen.. I think by brushing the markers.. it'll get rid of the glossy look and give it a nice patina fluff..

@dnz.. that is what makes this hobby so much fun.. imagination is key sometimes..looks like you got another watch on your list buddy :lol:

AC/Lani

Yup got a WM9 SD and GMT Two Tone black/gold on order from BK too :1a:

wow man, why are you doing this to us :shock: two tone black/gold thats a killer watch man :Jumpy:

and yes im thinking about to pull the trigger on the seadweller cause i like it so much more then the new big one... as bk said to me he can handle shipping over the uk too me ;) but i decide this in jan. hopefully when my two watches has come to me, and after this i need a little timeout in buying watches :rofl: this hobby costs me more then any girlfriend :rofl:

but hey who lives twice :D enyoy your stay whenever you can

and sorry for drifting away in your thread lani :)

hmm this OR a 5513?

*which dealer Lani?

Perfect clones on this one high...no not anywhere near a 5513.. new release a little while ago..the case set is well done though..

I think the brush pen may just do the trick on the glossy lume issue.. I wasn't too impressed at first but getting rid of the glossy lume would greatly improve the over all look .. the acrylic crystal is well done..the hands are crisp.. not a bad rep..

yup.. the gen price is North of 2k and like you say not very well kept.

maybe I'll go for a zigy vintage Lume.. look for a gen crystal.. the gen movement would be nice.. but no one is going to see past the case back so it seem mute to me ... a mesh bracelet would be cool me thinks.

Is the vintage 300 supposed to have numbers reverse printed on a clear bezel insert?

Lordy Lordy Lordy, someone tell me yes. Even if you have to lie... that is THE coolest part of a good vintage diver.

Besides a big lurid domed crystal, mind you.

:wub:

I've had my eyes open for a gen SM300, too. You do still find good examples (sometimes re-conditioned a la Watchco, with new dials, hands, bezels &c.) for less than $2000. Unfortunately, you're just as likely to find a turkey that ticks every box on the Fake Vintage Seamaster checklist.

I wouldn't bother getting getting a gen movement or caseback for the rep, but a real Omega Mesh would look terrific and be a good investment for a potential purchase of the real thing. (Well, that's one justification for the >$200 expense!) Also, it will fit the rep; I'm pretty sure a genuine 1171 bracelet won't.

After studying the dial, the only real difference I can see rep compared to gen, is that the gen dial has the

'Flat' feet on the Omega Icon, while the rep has the 'Curled' feet, the difference between a printed dial

and or raised. Other than that the dial and case seem pretty spot on to the gen.

Personally I like the fact that the watch is thin - 12.5mm. Most divers these days seem to run15-16mm, which is pretty thick for we slender wristed guys.

A few of the finer photos that I have found of the 'vintage' gen show the watch with a regular seamaster

link bracelet, but a mesh would be cool. IMO the watch looks better on mesh or some kind of vintage rubber, than with Nato. Nevertheless this rep looks good.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, and I hope to.. be holden.. this beauty pretty soon.

Thanks to Lani for the nice pix.

• 2 months later...

Still loving the Vintage SM300???? I'm on the search right now for one....so do you think that a vintage crystal (or genuine Omega) would fit the case?