When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgraded DSSD V5 from Eurotimez looks much better...

ThinkBachs

I was checking on the progress of something I ordered from Eurotimez and found some new images of the Upgraded DSSD V5 dial and ring lock. To make it easier, I'll post the latest images here...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The only thing that concerns me is it seems like the dial print is a hair thicker than it should be, but I'm happy to see that the lume markers are nice and thin as well as a very nice beveled date window.

Over all, it's great to see a dealer who is listening to our comments/suggestions/gripes and working to improve a product they sell. In my mind this is the best version to get, especially if you can source an HEV to replace the one that comes with the watch. Not that it's really bad, but it seems to be one of those things that I can't seem to stop obsessing over.

Good job ET.

they still haven't corrected the slanting dial print or the crooked baton marker @6. If they could do that, they would have the best one out there. Unfortunately, so much has been said about those defects. everyone is zoned in on them.I do think that they are working to solve those problems, and I'm sure it's frustrating to them as well as us. The factory probably produced fifty gagillion of those incorrect dials, and wants them all used up before they corerect the mistake.

Arthur

Isnt this the old review done by Gio on the V5.1, I know it was there back in September. As far as I am aware this is not the latest V5.

Gio hasnt done the latest review yet, but the pics of the V5 parts are the latest the ones posted on the XML as well. Gio also posted it on this subforumaround November

Guest techlogik

According to a mod on another rep forum who resells, he says these all come from the same factory.

I am stupified why they would produce so many different versions, dials, bezel inserts etc...from 1 factory...makes no sense.

I think Josh has the best right now. Put ETZ bezel insert in it, and it will be an amazing Rep for around $400, with Swiss movement.

If you go to ETZ's site and the xlm customer watches, the latest ones look pretty good, no slanted print, insert etc..all look good.

We are at the moment actually stopping the sell of the DSSDs temporarily. We are working on making an even better DSSD, at the moment the prototype looks stunning.. It won't be due in another couple months though, we are planning on making some pictures of the prototype and posting them on here for your comments... I'll have to work this out with Chris though..

Wishing everybody the best this Christmas/NYE Seasons! :victory:

Guest techlogik

We are at the moment actually stopping the sell of the DSSDs temporarily. We are working on making an even better DSSD, at the moment the prototype looks stunning.. It won't be due in another couple months though, we are planning on making some pictures of the prototype and posting them on here for your comments... I'll have to work this out with Chris though..

Neo, can you verify if all Rolex DSSD Reps come from the same factory in China? This has been brought up by some people and nobody can answer it.

Here we go again...are you taking requests?

Couple of things:

1) Print on Dial is straight, not slanted.

2) Sharper/cripser Dial print.

3) HEV like V3 would be good. More inset.

4) Crystal like a V3, less distortion.

5) Good factory lume, or even better than V5.

5) Bezel insert remains mostly the same, proper 10 spacing, color, good markings.

6) Proper QC!

I'm sure others have input also.

Thanks

HI Neo, interesting news!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: If is possible, for my order id 957, I'm waiting to see how is this new one so stop my order..

Neo, can you verify if all Rolex DSSD Reps come from the same factory in China? This has been brought up by some people and nobody can answer it.

Here we go again...are you taking requests?

Couple of things:

1) Print on Dial is straight, not slanted.

2) Sharper/cripser Dial print.

3) HEV like V3 would be good. More inset.

4) Crystal like a V3, less distortion.

5) Good factory lume, or even better than V5.

5) Bezel insert remains mostly the same, proper 10 spacing, color, good markings.

6) Proper QC!

I'm sure others have input also.

Thanks

Correct, also

7) The ring OGEVRLS with proper alignment

8 ) and, much appreciated, it is also a true titanium caseback! :whistling:

Hi guys,

Sorry haven't been online lately.. taking a short break for the NY holidays..

I'll upload some amateur shots from our prototype.. Gio will be doing a review shortly as well.. the 6 marker is still slightly off and makes it look like the rest is a bit crooked.. We will ask the factory to correct that.. below are the pix..

post-25096-126242490732_thumb.jpg

post-25096-126242491957_thumb.jpg

post-25096-126242492972_thumb.jpg

post-25096-126242495327_thumb.jpg

@ Mahler,

It does seem to be that way and we'll see if we're able to correct it if it is (we don't have the dial and hand at the moment). This pic are quick snap shots made more for myself actually and you can also see that the shot isn't dead straight on frontal pic.. It is a bit on a slope... however like i said, we'll have it checked out again, this is just a prototype and there will be a review coming up soon..

thx Mahler for the pointers though will check into it..

all suggestions are appreciated in how to better this version.. thx

• 4 weeks later...

I was under the impression that the "new" upgraded V5 would be out around the 3rd week in January and be ready to ship in February. Obviously they are still having problems with the incorrect dial, Gas lock ring, etc.

I believe that there are quite a few members who ordered at the tail end of the Ultimate DSSD, who are still waiting on this model, as well as folks who returned their Ultimate and will get this one as a replacement. Updates would be appreciated.

Thanks

I was under the impression that the "new" upgraded V5 would be out around the 3rd week in January and be ready to ship in February. Obviously they are still having problems with the incorrect dial, Gas lock ring, etc.

I believe that there are quite a few members who ordered at the tail end of the Ultimate DSSD, who are still waiting on this model, as well as folks who returned their Ultimate and will get this one as a replacement. Updates would be appreciated.

Thanks

:g:

I'm waiting on a replacement 'upgraded v5' ordered late November. The first was DOA so ET is exchanging it. Photo's of the replacement have the corrected position ring-lock text. Dial print looks ok (as far as you can tell in photo).

No idea if what I will get is the 'upgraded, upgraded v5'

Trying to be patient....... :bounce:

Beano

• 4 weeks later...

@Spiderman yes (see this thread), Neo was to announce changes to v5:

and yes my order, already paid, was suspended pending this new model, but as I wrote here http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/112945-news-of-dssd-v5-finally-without-flaws/ I have not received any news... :wounded1:

Mahler,

I'm in the same boat with you,which I think is being shared by quite a few others. I sent a defective DSSD back in December for exchange for the "newest v5", which i was told would be out in late January. Well here it is the first of March, and nothing from ETZ! I PM'ed Helina a few days back as well as posting a reply in their dealer review here, asking for and update on the DSSD status. Hopefully, I will get a response this week, as I'm sure everything has been closed for Chinese New Year. Now that the holidays are over, it's time to get back to work and let us know what's going on.

I agree patience can only be stretched so far. mine is gettig a little thin.