When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ten Good Reasons Why You Should Buy From Ttk

Guest TTK

Ten good reasons why YOU should buy from TTK

The Timepiece King.

1. I have over 30 years experience of buying and selling genuine watches and 20 years of dealing with reproduction watches, since 1986 and my first visit to the Orient, I've also been a member and sold on ALL the major forums for the last 6 years, from the original Replica Watch Collector's Club, thru' TRC / RWG / RWI and all subsequent forums, very few if any other dealer(s) have been around as long as I have, however I'm not knocking any other dealer, we have some great dealers to pick from, I'm merely highlighting areas where I offer a different service.

2. Every watch and I mean EVERY watch that YOU see me advertise for sale is CHERRY PICKED by me, and ME alone, no drop shipping, no substitute dealers or distributors, no placing of YOUR heart's desire in the hands of a factory worker who has never taken YOUR order directly, has no idea of YOU personally, doesn't know YOUR forum name and has never seen any of YOUR activity on the forums, he is simply taking a package straight from the factory floor with nary a second glance at it and has little concept of the term QC, his single aim is to get back to the factory and make sure no-one's nicked his bowl of rice......so as for drop shipping...........that's not what i am about, what I am about, is the following.

3. When I've personally picked out YOUR watch from the stock of my supplier, I visually inspect it with a 10x loupe for ANY imperfections, not for me, a watch that has poor dial printing, squint logos, or dust all over the dial, crowns that are skewed or don't lock up tight and firm, bezels that stick or bracelets that are scuffed or 'slack', I won't accept a watch for YOU, that I wouldn't accept for myself.

3. Having cherry picked my stock, I then catalogue everything into stock and prepare the items for photography ( if I don't already have photos of it ), once that has been done, I then inspect the watch again, measuring the case diameter with a set of digital Mitutoyo vernier calipers for accurate sizing, I do NOT use a tape measure or a school ruler, to obtain accuracy, you need to invest in the right tools, so when I say it's 44mm x 15.5mm that's what YOU get, it won't be 43mm x 12mm.

111340-23794.jpg

4. Then the watch is placed on a set of digital scales, once again to confirm the EXACT weight of the item, YOU get what it says on the box ( or what I say in my advert ).

111340-23795.jpg

5. I then check the glass ( front and rear ) by using a diamond tester, which also checks if the glass is genuine sapphire or not, if I say it's genuine sapphire. it's exactly that,... no if's....no but's.....no maybe's.........it's SAPPHIRE.

111340-23796.jpg

6. Then the caseback is opened in order to check the movement, if my supplier tells me it's a 2824-2, I believe her, but I'm a born cynic and like to check for myself, I don't like surprise e-mails that say " I received the watch ....BUT " !

111340-23797.jpg

7. After confirming all the relevant details of the watch, it then goes on either my Bergeon 6 arm tester or my Pearl 12 arm watch tester, ( or as one customer calls it, "The London Eye )........each watch is set exactly at midnight ( if I have more than one to test, I set them at one minute intervals ) and with the date set to the 1st day of the month and day if applicable set to Sunday, I then run it for 48 hours and check for regularity, if it needs regulating, it's then sent to my watchsmith and regulated.

111340-23798.jpg

8. After testing or regulation, I then do a final check which consists of:

a} Turning the bezel and checking for consistency and tightness or the lack thereof, any failure, it gets rejected.

b} Checking the quickset date by winding thru' 24 hours / rolling forward the date and checking window alignment at the same time, if out, it goes to the watchsmith.

c} Checking the hand alignment at 12 and 6, this shows if the hands are out of alignment on the stack, if out, it goes to the watchsmith.

d} I then check sub dial alignment and registration by running the stopwatch and resetting all sub dials to zero, if out, it goes to the watchsmith.

e} Date and day functions are checked using rollover method as described above, if out, it goes to the watchsmith.

f} Checking bracelet clasps and diver's extension for secure fastening and leather straps for wear and tear, if out, it goes to the watchsmith.

g} With ALL Panerai and some other watches that have screws, I check all screws and tighten before dispatch.

9. I then clean and polish where necessary YOUR watch and wind fully to keep the watch oiled and running for as long as possible in transit.

10. I then address and package YOUR watch securely using my tried and tested and secure packing method and all things being equal, I send off to YOU.

It may take a little longer than some other dealers, but given an average of around 10 -15 days, and given that you get a HAND PICKED and PERSONALLY CHECKED watch, I, like other customers and members think it's worth waiting a little longer, don't YOU..!

Edited by TTK

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You may be sending customers watches with diamond or moissanite crystals

Sapphire....Diamond or Moissanite......I still charge the same.....:D

PS.....did you know that my 'inexpensive' Sub at 55.00 GBP....is fitted with a GENUINE sapphire.......?

Edited by TTK

Well, being new here, and with just 2-3 of purchases under my belt (as well as some other stuff down there, of course) I have to say reading stuff like this is reassuring.

BTW: Can you block people from this thread? I fear a new pissing match.. (against the wind by some as usual)

No...it's a temporary thing.....I'm working out with Admin.....I don't want to use PP to pay funds to a 'replica' board.....sort of 'contamination' avoidance.....so to speak...!

@Everythingape......you'll always find naysayers in any forum......and I'm a very prominent target for most of them......I look at them as being the new gunslinger in town.....and I'm the old 'shootist'....they want to establish a reputation for being the ONE....that shot down ole TTK.....:lol:!

Edited by TTK

Wow, it seems you go through a hell of a lot of effort to keep your customers happy, for that you should definately be congratulated. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

After reading all of that, you are definately my dealer of choice for my next rep, which hopefully will be brought sometime in the very near future, once I get some more disposable cash lol.

OT, you seem to quote some prices in GBP. Are you actually located in the UK or just an ex-pat?

No...it's a temporary thing.....I'm working out with Admin.....I don't want to use PP to pay funds to a 'replica' board.....sort of 'contamination' avoidance.....so to speak...!

@Everythingape......you'll always find naysayers in any forum......and I'm a very prominent target for most of them......I look at them as being the new gunslinger in town.....and I'm the old 'shootist'....they want to establish a reputation for being the ONE....that shot down ole TTK.....:lol:!

Well, you know what happened to Wild Bill Hickock, TTK ;)

"Wild Bill sits down to a poker game in a saloon in his new home town. He has his back to the door and is shot in the back of the head. He was holding a pair of black aces, black eights and a jack of diamonds, forever to be known as a deadman's hand. He was shot by Jack McCall, a man looking to enhance his own reputation."

I guess the morale is "Never play poker" ..or something.. I'm sure I had a better point here somewhere.. :g:

Yep...I know the WBH story......!

Most of the new young gunslingers in town....e:g....Perfectionist....I give 'em a little advice.....!

I tell them to polish their holster.....file off the hammer on the gun....file off the front sight and smother it in grease.....!

They ask me..."will it make me faster on the draw'.......'no....but it won't hurt as much when I shove it up yer ass"......:D

I'm a man of few words.....................................Garumph being one!

What am I talking about?...................................I haven't an earthly cos I'm pished as a fart.............as we say in these parts.

All I can say is that it cost me £50 to get back from Glesca tonight cos I misssed the last train tae Balloch Central. And that is the price (nearly) of one of Neilys super subs. Bastard!

JTB

Hi TTK--JKT here

You certainly don't have to sell me, being I have several Gold bags from you. Anybody who desn't try you as a dealer is crazy. I've always had nothing but good business dealings with you, and wouldn't hesitate to use you again. Especially when you always find some great looking watches.

You like "The Timepiece King" handle I put on you, and it truly fits.

JKT (Just Killing Time)