When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are We Fish In A Barrel?

relaxman

RWG being the barrel us being the fish and a few dealers from above dangling pretty pics (the bait) at us knowing a good many of us will bite. Its almost like a canned hunt if you ask me. All in fun.

Anybody else ever feel this way? :bleh::bleh:

Just like to see what thew new peeps think

And The Lord said unto Paul and the Dealers (in a mixture of French and English) assembled before Him:

"I Shall Make Thee Meneurs of Fish!"

(Ryyannon's, Prayer: "O Lord, Please Give Me The Strength To Stop Displaying My Insanity In Posts Like These..").

112197-23681.jpg

:)

• 4 years later...

I actually think everything has changed dramatically. The rep business is a much bigger business. There is no question that we are the pimple on the ass of the baboon. We have real factories, real dealers, and even real distribution including QC and ability to return for black market goods. Pretty good, huh?

The real question is who is doing the fishing? Is it the factories or the dealers? I now understand the economics of the dealers and factories. People invest real money into gens, tooling and runs are now in the thousands. There are multiple dealers for any given watch. The factories really have the power.The dealers are price takers just like we are. And with all the options available to us the forums have shifted from protecting the members from the dealers to protecting us from ourselves (member to member trades)and providing buyers with proper advice as to what to buy.

And yeah, I remember my post the first time. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Think it's still all about demand and supply.

Fishes don't take all kind of baits (presumably only when it 'thinks' it's really delicious); some fishes can take away the baits, or part of it, without being hooked; some fishes can be caught even without baits.

Being said that, the main difference is we should know that there is a hook behind the baits while the fishes may not.

I actually think everything has changed dramatically. The rep business is a much bigger business. There is no question that we are the pimple on the ass of the baboon. We have real factories, real dealers, and even real distribution including QC and ability to return for black market goods. Pretty good, huh?

The real question is who is doing the fishing? Is it the factories or the dealers? I now understand the economics of the dealers and factories. People invest real money into gens, tooling and runs are now in the thousands. There are multiple dealers for any given watch. The factories really have the power.The dealers are price takers just like we are. And with all the options available to us the forums have shifted from protecting the members from the dealers to protecting us from ourselves (member to member trades)and providing buyers with proper advice as to what to buy.

And yeah, I remember my post the first time. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great insight post, thank you!

Val.