When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Correct Insert

lanikai

Edit Add:.. look here for the correct insert>Here

I thought I would give you All a heads up :

The Ultimate DSSD has one obvious visual flaw.. the bezel insert..

I ordered a pair from another dealer, but delivery does not look like it's coming anytime soon,or if at all.

so my hunt continued in the interim..

I've managed to source hopefully the correct insert,.. mainly in frustration to not being able to get the correct insert that I payed for..

The insert being sent:

the colour of the markings looks good

the 10 is centered

the pearl .. the proper height

But before anyone goes rushing into asking how to order.. this is a prototype by another maker .. not the Ultimate maker..

so after I receive it.... compare it to the Ultimate in size and the way it will sit in the bezel..hopefully it will sit the same as the insert in the Ultimate now but with the correct 10 spacing.. because for me it will be important how the insert sits.. if it rides over the crystal... back to the drawing board...

the pics that were sent to me are fuzzy, and hard to discern with detail the exact look..so I will not post them..the 10 is centered but I would rather wait until I can take macros to post them..

So, if you will all wait until I have received the prototype of this version,..and if it pans out .. there will be more than enough to supply ALL..it is being sent Express.. so by next week I will get a review up.

this would beat waiting for the next Version, from another maker.. I mean the insert could be fixed opn the next version, but the pearl or dial may have an added flaw.. the 3 step is common in our hobby.....

with this fix to the Ultimate.. we may be able to rest awhile on the DSSD and not have to buy another version for the fix.

So.....Stay Tuned B)

AC/Lani

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work Lani, thank you very much! I received my DSSD from Andrew the other day, wearing it daily now, and am very happy though the 10 spacing does bother me. To resolve I've just turned the bezel about 2/3 the way around so that the 10 isn't very noticeable near the 6:00 to the casual observer. ;)

Guest techlogik

Just say it..ETZ is where you are getting it from. Mine is on the way, they sent me a tracking number last week.

Mystery what will actually show up with their track record lately...but wait, they are working on another version to be out soon!!!

This is great news to share though. To be able to get a bezel insert, which is the biggest tell right now, would be great for under $40 delivered.

Just say it..ETZ is where you are getting it from. Mine is on the way, they sent me a tracking number last week.

Mystery what will actually show up with their track record lately...but wait, they are working on another version to be out soon!!!

This is great news to share though. To be able to get a bezel insert, which is the biggest tell right now, would be great for under $40 delivered.

No not ETZ.. they tell me that the factory does not have them yet.. after I payed in full and they told me it would be on its way.. after a month now they tell me they have none.. something is truly fishy hea..

but I have another source and the bezel looks good!!

so I will let the board know soonest..

Guest techlogik

No not ETZ.. they tell me that the factory does not have them yet.. after I payed in full and they told me it would be on its way.. after a month now they tell me they have none.. something is truly fishy hea..

but I have another source and the bezel looks good!!

so I will let the board know soonest..

Really? Who else sells them you ordered it from?

ETZ gave me a tracking number last week for mine. Ordered/paid like a month ago at least it seems.

They said they are going to stop selling the DSSD while they get the new "greatest/super/duper" version prepped and ready to sell. Maybe that is why?!?! Who know...ETZ has reverted right back to their old self.

It's from a parts maker .. the parts for the reps are sourced out and made in great quantities.. but the one I'm getting wasn't used on the Ultimate.. but hopefully from the pics that were sent to me the colour is very good the pearl and the 10 "look' good for the quality of pics.. but I like to see everything first hand and if this passes the acid test of actually placing it in the bezel and it results in a good fit then I will recommend ordering ..

yeah,.. I am very disappointed in ETZ staff in the handling of the insert.. I requested a refund.. but will see how long they drag it out.. this is not Chris' style fo sure.. we'll see.. if you got your tracking and they tell me they are not ready.. something is amiss..especially when they said it was all good, and I made payment.

but the benefit of the doubt is still in their court.. they just don't communicate very well right now..or at all frankly