When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Correct Insert

lanikai

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I promissed to never again post in the ETZ section (after some vets almost got a heart atack a while back) but I've been following their business and they still suck. And that is the nicest way to put it...

Hope all works out for ya Lani and looking forward to seeing some pics of the insert!

Mark

I guess ETZ has been going down hear for over

a year now. I wonder how much more abuse we

are going to take from this dealer?

They seem not to learn. He can't hold a candle

to Josh and Andrew and the rest of our dealers..

ETZ seems to lie and tell you what you want to hear! :whistling:

Great job, lani! I am after a DSSD again since I sold my V3. But I've got a basic question. Confused by all that discussion of the DSSD (ultimate, latest, V-somewhat, 3135 etc.) I think it is recommended to go for the 316F steel version but with ETA movement. Plus a correct insert it should be very close to the real deal. What do you think?

Great job, lani! I am after a DSSD again since I sold my V3. But I've got a basic question. Confused by all that discussion of the DSSD (ultimate, latest, V-somewhat, 3135 etc.) I think it is recommended to go for the 316F steel version but with ETA movement. Plus a correct insert it should be very close to the real deal. What do you think?

I like to believe you're getting there, dude! :)

this is not Chris' style fo sure..

It's not unheard of 'lanikai' that replioa store owners will sell lock, stock, and barrel to other entities in a 'turn key' deal. The new owners maintain the 'store front' as to avoid the process of being 'sussed out' as verified collectors.

I will maintain to this day 'Paul' of the old aBay eShop.com had gone this route. He went from gold to tin over night. The 'Chris' I observed early on in the ETZ experience does not seem to be operating to the same level. As you, I think something is going on. Like they say; "If you think your wife is cheating? Then she probably is."

A few weeks back I made a bold offhand remark with regard. I was going on a hunch and regretted the statement as I had no real proof other than the remarks of the membership. Which speaks volumes. I've never bought from ETZ, and don't buy the 'If you never bought from 'TTK', then why don't you just shut your mouth with regard?" bit. That's not how RWG works. 'Once bitten, twice shy' ? No. Never get bitten. If you use RWG to it's design. Avoiding the bite is child's play.

See what happens.

Great thread BTW.

i understand that other than etz, d4m also sell the v5 with the best hand picked quality and price.

am i correct about this?

is yes, can anyone pm me how to contact d4m direct?

thanks

It's not unheard of 'lanikai' that replioa store owners will sell lock, stock, and barrel to other entities in a 'turn key' deal. The new owners maintain the 'store front' as to avoid the process of being 'sussed out' as verified collectors.

I will maintain to this day 'Paul' of the old aBay eShop.com had gone this route. He went from gold to tin over night. The 'Chris' I observed early on in the ETZ experience does not seem to be operating to the same level. As you, I think something is going on. Like they say; "If you think your wife is cheating? Then she probably is."

A few weeks back I made a bold offhand remark with regard. I was going on a hunch and regretted the statement as I had no real proof other than the remarks of the membership. Which speaks volumes. I've never bought from ETZ, and don't buy the 'If you never bought from 'TTK', then why don't you just shut your mouth with regard?" bit. That's not how RWG works. 'Once bitten, twice shy' ? No. Never get bitten. If you use RWG to it's design. Avoiding the bite is child's play.

See what happens.

Great thread BTW.

i understand that other than etz, d4m also sell the v5 with the best hand picked quality and price.

am i correct about this?

is yes, can anyone pm me how to contact d4m direct?

thanks

I believe 'Daytona4me' keeps a higher profile on Rep Geek (RG), or Replica Watch Info (RWI)

I like to believe you're getting there, dude! :)

My 316F is aleady ordered for late January. But I like the ETA movement better for its reliability compared to that 3135 clone. With a correct bezel insert that 316F DSSD must look quite close as well as it will a reliable tool watch :good: .

Your right on all counts Dems, however, the way I came by this insert is a result of events, and not any preordained actions by any collector...actually if not for ETZ lack of action ,.. this would not have come to pass... but I will explain all that as soon as the insert arrives, if in fact it does meet with approval,.. no sense telling a story without a happy ending.. :)

Like coolfire said, "your are getting there".. the insert is the only visual flaw on the DSSD Ultimate, without putting your nose right up to the watch.

I like my 3135 clone (it is a surprise to me) the rotor doesn't spin incessantly, the gearing feels great and it keeps very good time.. we'll have to see in the long term fun how it performs..

either way it is now back on my fave list... :victory:

AC/L

I have to agree with Lani, I've bought 8 reps recently though this has been on my wrist the entire week. The 3135 clone has kept perfect time, right out of the box. I just need an better bezel insert, servicing, sealing and water testing and it won't be off my wrist for some time. It is unbelievably comfortable to wear and isn't that huge on my wrist (though I'm 6'8", so my fiddy isn't that huge either). ;)

I have to agree with Lani, I've bought 8 reps recently though this has been on my wrist the entire week. The 3135 clone has kept perfect time, right out of the box. I just need an better bezel insert, servicing, sealing and water testing and it won't be off my wrist for some time. It is unbelievably comfortable to wear and isn't that huge on my wrist (though I'm 6'8", so my fiddy isn't that huge either). ;)

We'rd ya play your college ball.. 8)

6'8" .. sign em up B)

Guest techlogik

Yeah, my 3135 keyless works hosed up from the start. Then I took it out to look at it, when I flipped it over, the rotor/winding assembly just fell off into my hand. I am guessing it is missing some screws. It is now in the hand of a modder/wathsmith from the forum trying to repair and do a full service to hopefully make it worth a crap.

happy new year guys! i'm just getting around to posting again. i wanted to let you all know that i had two of these ultimate's fully serviced by The Zigmeister over the holidays ... one for my father and one for myself. i'll try to post some pictures soon but the results are amazing as usual! The Zigmeister stated that the quality of the asian clone (which appears to be a seagull movement) is just ok and put together poorly. over oiled in places, dried out in others, out of adjustment, hairspring not concentric (not sure what that means?). he recommends ordering the eta after seeing the problems with mine. just a word from the wise for those that haven't pulled the trigger already. mine seems to be running flawlessly now but i guess only time will tell. all the best.

Guest techlogik

happy new year guys! i'm just getting around to posting again. i wanted to let you all know that i had two of these ultimate's fully serviced by The Zigmeister over the holidays ... one for my father and one for myself. i'll try to post some pictures soon but the results are amazing as usual! The Zigmeister stated that the quality of the asian clone (which appears to be a seagull movement) is just ok and put together poorly. over oiled in places, dried out in others, out of adjustment, hairspring not concentric (not sure what that means?). he recommends ordering the eta after seeing the problems with mine. just a word from the wise for those that haven't pulled the trigger already. mine seems to be running flawlessly now but i guess only time will tell. all the best.

That sounds about right!!! Zigmeister is the master, his word is that of God to me when it comes to watches. For those of you wondering, no God doesn't talk to me...nor do I think he does..just an expression.

I would say just run with it. If it works, keeps good time, nice sweep, don't bother replacing it. When it dies a horrible death, which it might anyday. Then drop the $130 and swap it.

I'm waiting for my 3135 to get repaired and come back also, curious to see the result.