When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmaker9 - Eurotimez

prado123

It is true the Whatchmaker9 web site has been hacked by Eurotimez?

Sources? :huh:

So far I've only read that people in US were automatically redirected from WM to ETz. It's never happened to me although to some members here. It's probable somebody hacked WM's site.

Val.

Strange: If this were really ETz' doing, it would be quite a hamfisted approach in taking over WM's customers. Not exactly what you'd call a "cunning plan".

Agreed. You'd be tempted to think; ETZ themselves are victim of a third party, or, of the party of the first part, or, that's what they'd want you to think.

Oh, Michael Crichton, why did you have to die?

I would bet that this was done by some malcontent who is either P.O'er with one or the other, or a hacker who is just "practicing' on websites that probably don't have a multi level security system.

At any rate, it sure has created a lot of frustration and consternation over the past few days.

Arthur

Guest techlogik

Wow....if that were the case, ETZ is really trying to sabotage their own business.

I just get this now.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Doing an NSLOOKUP

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: watchmaker9.tv

Address: 203.194.209.79

> server ns1.hostcompany100.com

Default Server: ns1.hostcompany100.com

> watchmaker9.tv

Server: ns1.hostcompany100.com

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

watchmaker9.tv

primary name server = ns1.hostcompany100.com

responsible mail addr = hostmaster.watchmaker9.tv

serial = 1262063707

refresh = 16384 (4 hours 33 mins 4 secs)

retry = 2048 (34 mins 8 secs)

expire = 1048576 (12 days 3 hours 16 mins 16 secs)

default TTL = 2560 (42 mins 40 secs)

watchmaker9.tv nameserver = ns1.hostcompany100.com

watchmaker9.tv nameserver = ns2.hostcompany100.com

watchmaker9.tv MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = mail.watchmaker9.tv

watchmaker9.tv internet address = 203.194.209.79

ns1.hostcompany100.com internet address = 203.194.209.79

ns2.hostcompany100.com internet address = 203.194.209.80

mail.watchmaker9.tv internet address = 203.194.209.79

>

This is located in Hong Kong.

Maybe wm9 just hosts their stuff out of country due to the nature, or that is where they are moving it to.

Looks like they have it back under their control, just don't have the site pages setup and working again.

Guest techlogik

Whois lookup...Godaddy registerant.

Registrant:

Euro Smith

Schwertstrasse 9

Sinderflingen, Stuttgart 71064

Germany

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: WATCHMAKER9.TV

Created on: 27-Oct-04

Expires on: 27-Oct-10

Last Updated on: 22-May-09

Administrative Contact:

Heins, Peter pheins2210@yahoo.com

Euro Smith

Schwertstrasse 9

Germany

Technical Contact:

Heins, Peter pheins2210@yahoo.com

Euro Smith

Schwertstrasse 9

Germany

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.HOSTCOMPANY100.COM

NS2.HOSTCOMPANY100.COM

Registry Status: CLIENT-RENEW-PROHIBITED

Registry Status: CLIENT-XFER-PROHIBITED

Registry Status: CLIENT-UPDATE-PROHIBITED

Registry Status: CLIENT-DELETE-PROHIBITE

Guys, this is the second time the domain owner's name is being posted here. I know everybody can look it up, but I still wonder why this is necessary. It would surprise me if any of the concerned would be happy about it. <_<

Remember, everyone can come in here and read.

Just me two cents.

Val.

Guest techlogik

Guys, this is the second time the domain owner's name is being posted here. I know everybody can look it up, but I still wonder why this is necessary. It would surprise me if any of the concerned would be happy about it. <_<

Remember, everyone can come in here and read.

Just me two cents.

Val.

Then the owner should take the steps with the Registrar, in this case GoDaddy, and make it private. It is usually a $10/year fee they charge to do so. That way you can't do a simple public Whois lookup of the name!!! It will just show private.

Anybody can do this with an Internet connection that has a fundemental knowledge of Domain name registration.

Lastly, Euro Smith is his name?!?! Doubtful...it seems like a dummy alias, then you just avoid the fee, put a lame email address with the big provider...I do this also with many domains.

I know everybody can do it but do we need to pull it out in the open here?

Lastly, Euro Smith is his name?!?! Doubtful...it seems like a dummy alias, then you just avoid the fee, put a lame email address with the big provider...I do this also with many domains.

If you read on from the obvious dummy name you will find more information.

But let's not quarrel over this. I made my point.

Val.

For any members that are still wondering, we have no part in trying to redirect WM9s website to ours.. Everybody knows our website and would be meaningless to try to "hack" it.. Quite honestly, we have better things to do then hack some else website.. We respect WM9 and any other dealer on the forum, remember this is a community and not a dog eat dog society... We don't wish to ruin anybody's business as it would only ruin ours in return.. Karma..

The WM9 site is working again, however it looks like they are still getting it back up to speed. I went on to check if there was any news about the SD project. photos of the watch, but the "project log" is gone. Also none of the watches shown have a price or any place to order. In the past, you could go to the individual watch and scroll down the page to the radio button for ordering. That's not there anymore either.

Hopefully they will get everything back up and running at full speed soon.Would be nice to know if there is any progress at all on the SeaDweller project?

Arthur

Weird... sounds like a mystery waiting to be unravelled to me.

p.s.

Lani... I've seen you write the word "fora" in several of your other posts.. and i've always wanted to ask you why. You often use the word "fora" to describe our forum.. Which is fine if you are referring to the forum serving as a host of several smaller sub-forums. Correctly one should say "this forum" or "THESE FORA" but not "this fora"... Fora is the plural greek form of FORUM (you should not use a singular adjective pronoun when describing a plural noun). I'm an english grammar professor and this irks me! haha

I don't think any dealer on this fora would blatantly do such a thing.

AC/Lani

The WM9 site is working again, however it looks like they are still getting it back up to speed. I went on to check if there was any news about the SD project. photos of the watch, but the "project log" is gone. Also none of the watches shown have a price or any place to order.

If they did change servers, the links to their credit card gateway won't work until they get the addresses straightened out which might take a few days. You can still order through BK if you can't wait -

Weird... sounds like a mystery waiting to be unravelled to me.

p.s.

Lani... I've seen you write the word "fora" in several of your other posts.. and i've always wanted to ask you why. You often use the word "fora" to describe our forum.. Which is fine if you are referring to the forum serving as a host of several smaller sub-forums. Correctly one should say "this forum" or "THESE FORA" but not "this fora"... Fora is the plural greek form of FORUM (you should not use a singular adjective pronoun when describing a plural noun). I'm an english grammar professor and this irks me! haha

I'ts fricken quicker and easier to spell and type... :rofl: