When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Starting a Pypal dispute with Asian7750? SOLVED!

fitipaldi

This thread deserves the golden moped :1a:

00026695.jpg

Only your wives can decide for you what you do with your money - but IMO a guy who steals pictures is hard to trust :unsure:

How can you be sure the pictures are showing what he's actually selling?

Can he really source all the watches that he displays? :g:

stealing_a8rm1no1c2woo4800g480s80c_.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What really puzzles me is why he chose to take the pictures and photoshop them, should be more work to get them properly retouched than actually photographing them. But then again, he's a smaller dealer and sources the watches by hand and probably don't have access to every watch at a time for photos so maybe I answered my own question.

Great thread here, although the headline has become somewhat watered out by now.

So here is my take on it all:

1) Even if you could have done so, do NOT file a PP dispute with any dealer who has a good reputation here, even if not a trusted dealer. Using the forum is a far better alternative and it seemed to work its magic again here.

2) The world is not divided into trusted dealers and scammers. I was scammed by a dealer who is a trusted dealer on the other 3 fora, but in the end the pressure from the fora sorted the issue, and I did get my watch in the end. Whilst you mostly would be best served using the trusted dealers on the fora, not all are trusted on all of them, and my own experience has been that the best one I have used was not even trusted here until recently, when she became apprentice dealer. Sometimes it is worth it taking advice from fellow members as well as the fora as a whole.

3) Pictures. This whole discussion is almost surreal.

I have never dealt with either of the dealers mentioned here, so I have no personal axe to grind.

BUT to complain about copyright here must take the price as one of the funniest statements on a forum dedicated to copying what others have copyrighted. Are these statements serious??

Having said that a statement is made that one dealer sent out lower quality watches than advertised. That is a far more serious accusation and worth knowing more about. Any details??

4) General expectations to dealers service level. I think it is fair to say that even the best companies make mistakes and in some cases when dealing with internet based sales, these can seem like a scam to the individual who does not get what he/she expected.

Here is where the fora are fantastic, because they provide an option to get your case heard. That goes for dealers too, just read the extent to which PWC and Daytona4Me use the fora to promote their business/images. However don't forget that the English language can be a barrier to some of the dealers here.

In this case it seems to have worked for the OP, and it certainly did in my case when I had an issue some time ago.

Wow some pretty harsh and over the top comments I see, quite horrible in fact.....

When I said this, was it not clear enough?

Should Tony do it? No, is it right? no......

My views are clear, and have been concisely put, without resorting to any nasty, over long word play and veiled insults. You may not like my views, but why be so aggressive and out right hostile toward me, what have I said directly and personally towards you? I can only assume it makes you feel better to post comments like that towards me.....

You can dictate the terms of what you think this is about all you want, it does not change anything. You support the big guys, the Goliath twins if you like, me on the other hand, always opt for the little guy, the underdog, maybe that is my Britishness shining through :D

Also it seems this is not my home? Why would that be? 3600+ posts and a 3 and a half year stay seems like a home to me :)

I am really glad to see that Tony came through for you fitipaldi! B)

As for some of the more nasty comments, just re-read the thread, see if I deserved any of that......

What really puzzles me is why he chose to take the pictures and photoshop them, should be more work to get them properly retouched than actually photographing them. But then again, he's a smaller dealer and sources the watches by hand and probably don't have access to every watch at a time for photos so maybe I answered my own question.

I said as much earlier myself too! :p

Well said mbjoer, I totally agree :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I did send a message to Tony last night giving him the old "heads up" on this thread. He sent me a reply this morning thanking me for the message and a breif explanation. He said that not only was there no tracking number but he said that It was In French(canadian) Tony does a pretty good job with his English but French Canadian Is not In his repatriere. He said that he would have tried to make things right sooner but the language barrier was a Issue. I think things should go smoothly from here. :) Mike

Tony is a good guy, never heard anything bad about him, at least no more or less than any other dealer, supported or otherwise :)

It seems only other dealers have bad things to say about him, no surprise there really :rolleyes:

Language can be a problem for sure, it can be tricky to read what people are trying to get at sometimes, or even what point they are making, if any. I remember a few deals I had with Kingwatch a while back, very difficult to communicate, but we got there in the end and the right watches always arrived! :lol:

To Fitipaldi, I think you should change the title of this thread. Asian7750(Tony) Is not a scamer. I think tony Is attempting to do the right thing, Im sure you will to as a act of good faith. :good: Mike

Very good point, this issue is resolved, even though Tony has not actually received any watch back from the buyer :)

I'm happy now the issue was solved. But I need to clarify about the the invoice of Canada Post. The invoice is in both languages, french and english. I don't understand why Tony is saying is only french because that is not true.

You're wright I need to change the title of the topic. How can I do it? I tried but I couldn't. Could someone tell me please?

cheers

Edit option isn't there. This option disappears after a few minutes when you add a reply. Is it another way to modify it? maybe some mod can help me?

Thanks for trying fitipaldi. Im sure with a little help from are "outstanding" and "award winning" staff :1a: all should be fine :drinks: Mike