When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice on Purchasing A Rolex Milgauss in the UK

noneone

Hi all,

I am a newbie in this forum, and to the world of replicas. I have fallen in love with the Rolex Milgauss and would like to purchase one. I reside in the UK.

I am after the one that has a black dial and the green sapphire.

I have a few questions and not sure where to go for advice.

1. I am worried that if I purchase outside the UK I may be stung with customs tax, what are other UK members experience regarding this? Will recommended sellers list the item as a gift/zero value to avoid customs?

2. I am worried that if I select a seller in the UK or the EU I may not get the best deal/quality. Any suggestions?

3. I would also like a matching box and papers set as I am a bit pedantic like that and keep boxes for everything I buy, would it be best to purchase this separately or from the same recommended seller?

4. Could members give me feedback on a few of the recommended sellers they have used with reference to the quality of the replica and price?

5. I am leaning towards a Swiss ETA movement if I can afford it.

6. Oh one last thing is there any recommended seller on here that is willing to waterproof the watch and test it before posting it to me? I’m not planning on swimming with it but it would be nice to know that I could if I wanted too :)

The most I have ever spent on a watch before this is a Seiko kinetic from Argos that cost me £80 that was over 8 years ago and has lasted me well until the capacitor died and I haven’t got round to replacing it.

So this is a very big purchase for me and one that I don’t want to take the decision on lightly.

Edited by noneone

Welcome to the forum noneone! You're gonna like this place, there is a lot of people here willing to share their knowledge :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This Beauty you're looking for? http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.php?products_id=3825&osCsid=de671bfbee4ad2ebdd895961cc3d6c9f

1. No customs will be charged when ordering from us, we have our way's to avoid that :)

2. We are a bit pricier because of our extra services: We quality check your watch thoroughly, looking for esthetically flaws like scratches dust on the dial etc and testing the movements functionality (time accuracy, power reserve 30+ hours).. We have a long list of things we check and if need be correct on your watch and we also post pictures so you can approve/disapprove before it is shipped off to you.

3. Check out our Rolex boxes here: http://www.eurotimez88.com/index.php?cPath=87_172&osCsid=de671bfbee4ad2ebdd895961cc3d6c9f

4...... EuroTimez.. :whistling:

5. To chose Gen or Copy ETA is really mostly a matter of budget.. The copy nowadays aren't that bad but they don't of course have a track record as the GEN ETA. Also good to keep in mind is that the GEN is getting more scarcer on the rep market and may increase in value. Both *should (although we can't foresee the future) last a life-time with proper care and service. It is 50$ more with the GEN

6. Unfortunately we don't waterproof or water-pressure test our watches. Most of the reps we sell are water-resistant at least 30m but we never warranty on on it and cannot take any responsibility if a customer choose to take a swim ...

You have the rest of our Milgausses listed here: http://www.eurotimez88.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=milgauss&osCsid=de671bfbee4ad2ebdd895961cc3d6c9f&search.x=0&search.y=0

Contact us if you have any Questions: info@EuroTimez88.com

Thanks for the replies so far, much appreciated.

@ All,

OK I have made a few decisions, I have decided to go with a dealer that ships from the UK/EU. What other dealers are based in either the UK or EU apart from Precious Time as it might be a good idea to ask a few dealers before deciding on which one to go with?

I would prefer a dealer that accepts PayPal as a payment type. Is this possible with a dealer from the EU, if yes who?

$388 is roughly

Hello!

I've bought mine from Joshua at perfect clones.

It's the Ultimate best version with the new 316F SS and a swiss ETA 2836-2.

I paid 298+35$ of shipping.

5 days later the watch was arrived without any customs problems. (I live in France)

The watch is a true beauty & have a great presence on the wrist.

In fact it was a perfect transactions with Josh.

If you want a nice review check Lanikai review of the milgauss.

Have a nice day!

I believe Narikaa is also able to ship from the UK to avoid customs hassles.

I have ordered a couple now from overseas and had no problems - the majority of dealers will re-ship if it gets lost in the post or seized by customs so you should be fine ordering from an overseas dealer.

WatchInternational get my vote for excellent customer service!

Wow no responses for a couple of days then three all together, reminds me of the London buses, lol.

@ PowerShot,

Does yours have the micro etched tiny coronet (Rolex crown) at the 6 o’clock position?

Also I can’t see the Ultimate version with Swiss ETA 2836-2 under Joshua’s section on this forum and his website www.joshwatch.com doesn’t work. Does Joshua have another website?

I checked out the Lanikai review as you suggested, great review it mentions there are some flaws do you know what the flaws are?

Finally does Joshua accept PayPal?

Hello!

I think these are the flaws "I do see the 'SS' in Milgauss is flatter on the genuine.. but you would need to get too close to the dial to tell.. and know what your looking for...even on the gen the "Superlative Chronometer" looks a little uneven. (line)" Lanikai is talking about.

Mine doesn't have the etched crown and normally all the latest version of the Milgauss GV shouldn't have one.

The Milgauss GV is the only one to come without the etched crown.

Regarding Josh, you will found all the informations you need on he's website. (http://www.perfect-hour.com)

Hope this help!

Best regards.

@ Member X,

I checked out Narikaas section but it looks like he doesnt have the Milgauss that I want but he does have the classic one at a very good price.

Looking under the review section he has got one negative one which makes me a bit cautious. I want to know what I order is what I get.

Looks like he is based in the UK or am I mistaken?

WatchInternational looks very promising, indeed the reviews so far are glowing reviews.

Has anyone bought a Milgauss from WatchInternational?

Also does WatchInternational accept paypal?

I'm not sure why narikaa has a negative feedback? but it's likely to be a one off, possibly from a n00b (I'm guessing, but n00bs are usually the trouble ;) lol) He's been on here for ages and has a wide customer base - he's also pretty friendly by email so don't be scared to give him a go :) As far as I know he doesn't hold that much stock but can very probably get hold of a piece if you want it. He is UK based, yes, and also sends pics for you to check, I think? (I'm not sure on this, hopefully others will confirm. Or you can ask him!)

WatchInternational goes out and sources each piece individually, as I understand it. You specify what you're looking for, if it's a particular version or model with any distinctive things that mark it out from the other versions, and she will go to the markets and get it for you, providing pictures for you to check and say yes to before she sends it. As far as I know she only accepts Western Union at the moment so you have to allow a little extra on top for that, but she's great at communicating, friendly, willing to help if something's not quite right, and well known to at least one member who's met her in person. I've used her once and will be using her again!

Wow no responses for a couple of days then three all together, reminds me of the London buses, lol.

So true :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@ b16a2,

What do you think of your Milgauss? Have you got any pictures on the forum I can look at? I was leaning to purchasing from PT too, he responded to my original PM very quickly, but has not responded to my follow on PM, not sure if he is busy or what.

Does yours have the micro etched tiny coronet (Rolex crown) at the 6 o

I got another noob question, I have read about Japan made replicas and Swiss made replicas, im not talking about the movement here but about the quality of replicas.

Is this still the case are there Swiss made replicas that are higher quality than their Asian counterparts, and f so what dealer here sells such watches?

Thanks for all the feedback. I have been doing lots of reading, and its making my head spin!

The only dealer I have contacted yet is PT, although I

I have found these over on the rolexforums.com after JayKay8901 pointed me in the right direction.

I wanted to share them as a thanks and to give something back to the forum as you have all been helpful, I hope someone find them useful.

I’m still reading up on the Milgauss and it will be my first replica purchase, hopefully I will start to talk to dealers soon.

post-26736-126384763163_thumb.jpg

post-26736-126384765537_thumb.jpg

post-26736-126384768072_thumb.jpg

post-26736-126384769903_thumb.jpg

Edited by noneone

@Powershot and Lani... I think i just wet myself with both of your pics.. I've been almost on the fence about this watch for the last month.. every time i see it i like it more and more... I ahve a rolesium that I LOVE.. but I unfortunately NEVER wear it.. (except for my wedding day)... I just can't bring myself to wear a rollie very much!!! is there something wrong with me??