When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

whats that all about

Nogs

i joined the forum RWI... im after buying a DSSD... the best of the best

someone recommended using a guy called josh.. i started a thread to find how to get this guys website and they shut down the thread and told me he is not welcome to even talk about on that forum..... whats that all about?

is this guy worth getting in touch with for the best DSSD... or is he so bad that hes barred from the other forum?

someone give me a heads up... i dont wanna waste my hard earned cash on a [censored] replica...

According to the powers that be at RWI, Josh was using his clout to muscle out some of the smaller dealers. I wouldn't be too concerned. He's still a highly trusted dealer on all the other forums.

He's generally a few dollars more expensive but his customer service is definitely one of the best. Also, he's great for the first time buyer since he's very quick to respond and take care of problems.

Yeh, the mods at RWI have a hard on for the twins, Josh and Andrew. They've been banned and if you reference them, your post will be edited. But Josh and Andrew are still decent dealers like kbh says. Don't know about the DSSD, but since it comes out of china, I would think most of the dealers are carrying the same watch. It's up to V5 these days- they keep making changes, some good, some not. Good luck

Josh may a bit higher priced on some items than some of the others, but he is a reliable guy, ships quick & stands behind his stuff. Worth the slightly extra cost in my opinion. Contrary to the 'cartel' stories, I have only ever had good experiences with Josh. He will even tell you not to purchase a particular watch (once he gets to know you) if he thinks it will not be up to your standards. Cartel? Give me a break.

Josh was using his clout to muscle out some of the smaller dealers.

As an Asian, Joshua is my favorite American.

I tell this story regularly, but it's been a while, so I'm going to tell it again;

Long, long ago I bought a 6263 from Joshua. He was younger and a little shorter then, I was taller than I am now. The watch arrived slightly damaged, like; 'mushed'. The crystal was cracked, the bezel was askew the plastic retainer and a pusher was bent.

As Joshua hadn't, and still doesn't, 'drop ship', we decided 'Customs' had a go at it out of spite. No problem, Joshua just told me to ship it back for replacement. Not being able to resist playing with my new toy, I tried to bend the pusher back to get the chrono running. The pusher came off in my hand. *SNAP* Crap. My bad.

Rob, then 'The Zigmeisterzumba' then 'Zigmeister' hadn't really set up his shop, but did mods and service for running scale. I asked him what it might cost to replace the pusher; parts and labor. He gave me a number.

With the watch, I sent $usd$ to cover my portion of fixing what I had broken.

Joshua would have none of it, and said my next purchase would be discounted the amount I sent.

In the interim, Joshua launched his internet shop. Every succeeding purchase I made from Joshua I bought through the eShop. Obviously paying the advertised amount.

Years and years went by and the PO's were launched. I wanted a Chrono version and tried to source through Perfect Clones. There was a temporary glitch in the credit card security server and no sales could go through. I contacted Joshua through email and we decided to go about the sale the 'old fashioned way'. Western Union.

He reduced my price of the Chrono to cover the Western Union fee, another reduction to cover my inconvenience, and still more to discount the money I had sent him years earlier. If I resisted the gesture? No watch for me.

So, that's who you're dealing with Nogs. Enjoy your watch!

:lol:

Welcome to the rep world..

some forums .. have their own business going .. not that it is a bad thing.. but people all over the world have vested interest in money..

All the dealers are sales people.. of course it is what they do.. but I have been buying from Joshua for some years now.. and nodealer can control 100 what the makers put in their watches as far as movements.. but Perfect clones as well as Trusty and King watch.. honours their after sales service with due diligence.,

and yes Joshua has tols me also .. when "not" to spend money on a certain rep.

Remembering .. Joshua and a couple other dealers actually source the genuine models for dissection.. and are given a short term for exclusive sales .. and all the factory dealers are "supposed" to follow the pricing guidelines from the maker so no one undercuts each other..

if it were your money that was the "seed" money to start rep .. I'm sure you would feel the same way..

and there are lots of dealers that Pirate.. or to be more to point "steal" Joshua's pics to lure customers to their web sites..

but to point Joshua and others have now the best DSSD in the Ultimate .. and have sourced the corrected bezel insert from another maker .. seethe links below..

Ulitmate DSSD Review

corrected Insert

Joshua nd andrew have also donated more reps to raffle to keep this forum's rent payed above and beyond their dealer fees to the Forum..

You'll here that they're prices are higher.. they are a bit.. I pay it .. like paying insurance.. cause for all the parts that Joshua has sourced for me it has been well worth it..

AC/Lani

people all over the world have vested interest in money..

Haha, too funny

Hi Nogs, as a relative n00b, I know how hard it is to pick the right dealer for you, and if someone had of told me this straight up it would have have saved me a lot of... well... money.

After much trial and error with dealers, Josh is the best (IMO of course)! His DSSD "Ultimate" makes the competing "V5" look and feel like a kids toy.

Great watch, great dealer!

:)

Haha, too funny

Hi Nogs, as a relative n00b, I know how hard it is to pick the right dealer for you, and if someone had of told me this straight up it would have have saved me a lot of... well... money.

After much trial and error with dealers, Josh is the best (IMO of course)! His DSSD "Ultimate" makes the competing "V5" look and feel like a kids toy.

Great watch, great dealer!

well thanks to you guys ive taken the plunge and pressed the red button and ordered the ultimate and asked for the correct bezel from josh

i ordered it with the swis eta and not the asian clone.... was this the right thing to do

hopefuuly it will all work out well

i will post some pics when i get it

does anyone know how long it takes for delivery to the UK

Edited by Nogs

EMS.. has not been as fast lately.. but Josh has a contact in the UK for you to get it safely.. so no worries.. as long as you get it.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. what used to take 4 days to Conus could take up to 10 now depending ..

the insert will have to be sanded down to fit properly .. it is not from the same maker .. but will make a big difference with the correct 10 spacing..

the ETA is always a safe way to go also.. looking forward to your pics

Come on Dems, that's not what I said. Don't put words into my mouth. Josh is still one of my favorite dealers.

lol, a complete misunderstanding here kb. I really did take the quote out of context of your intent, but I wasn't thinking. Apologies. It never even registered I was quoting you until this^^^^^ post. I just seized the words. The whole 'cartel' issue? The case was made, well, but I just never was unnerved by it. To me? It was a non-issue.

I don't want to bash on RWI, but there are serious issues over at that place...nuff said.

Really? Not trying to drum up drama, but that is the one site I've never tried. Always meant to, but............

It's amazing, so many members cross the boarders from site to site and contribute well, but each site is so unique. I tested RG and dabble at RWG1.1 but I really am at a loss at those sites. Here? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Curious.

EMS.. has not been as fast lately.. but Josh has a contact in the UK for you to get it safely.. so no worries.. as long as you get it.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. what used to take 4 days to Conus could take up to 10 now depending ..

the insert will have to be sanded down to fit properly .. it is not from the same maker .. but will make a big difference with the correct 10 spacing..

the ETA is always a safe way to go also.. looking forward to your pics

when i recieve the watch i will post the pictures so you experts can tell me whats good or bad about it

cheers guys