When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you keep you workspace and your watch clean?

gplracer

Dust? You will not find dust (or anything else) on my bench?

bench1.jpg

To be serious - before recasing & after thoroughly cleaning the case/lens, I always place the case on top of something dark (I use a green Rolex leather card holder) which highlights any dust/debris that resides on the underside of the lens. If it looks clear, I case. If not, I clean & repeat. You rarely find anything that does not belong inside my watches.

I even bought one of those Stack-on storage containers to try to make order of my chaos. So far no luck.

I know what you mean. For nearly 2 years, I have had a (still unused) storage container taking up space (rear left in pic) that I bought with the intention of relocating most of the dreck you see cluttering up my work space into its neat little pull-out drawers. Just never seem to get around to the task of actually getting it done.

sorry freddy but what is that then?

My work space.

Freddy it looks like you have enough parts there to fund a gen purchase.

And then some.

@Freddy333, how does the adding machine/calculator factor in to watch repair. :g:

If the Chinese can build reps where they eat, I can pay bills where I build watches.