When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Wet 1665

Bazz

He valve on the MBW is fake... If you polish the case to hard it wil have no valve at all.... :Jumpy:

I know it's fake. So, the hole doesn't go all the way through? This has been one of those unanswered questions from way back. I've had answers both ways. Some have gone so far as to plug what they have identified as a hole along the inside of the case. So, which is it?

Thanks guys, the camera I used is a canon 350d which I just set to its fastest shutter speed then snapped away while pouring water on it :p .

As for the He valve, I did have a look at it from the inside when I had apart and I couldnt see anything to suggest that it went all the way through the case on my one.

My MBW 1665 from ca. 10 years ago has the "HE valve" hole all the way thru the case, with a pin that fits in. The pin has a beveled sealing surface that fits a parallel/identical bevel cut into the case, and there's a dished spring on the inside holding everything pressed tight together. It absolutely REFUSES to leak.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Finally, a perfect description. Thank you Nanuq.

While my 1665 is apart, I'm having Tommy look into what can be done to keep it water tight - like maybe sticking a blob of epoxy on it or something.

OK... just pulled my SD apart to double check the HE valve and can can confirm mine does not go all the way through. I bought it from mbw about a year ago so maybe they changed the case design over time? Its pretty well water proof with gen crown and tube, crystal and siliconed the seals but yet to put a gasket in the crystal compression ring.

Thanks for the nice comments was pretty easy and I was surprised how good some turned out :)