When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Mesh Bracelet for Heritage

Jks020

Hi, I've purchased it (and the black SOH) but haven't recieved yet.

Someone mentioned in another thread that it doesn't seem the same construction, and the mesh isn't as fine as the real deal.

It will arrive in two or three days now, unless someone beats me to it i'll post some pics!

:)

No probs, and this inspired me to measure my wrist for the first time ever, 7.5in. So hopefully its good to go.

As mentioned^^ one of the crits in the other thread (the v1 vs v2 comparison thread) was that the gen strap has a link contruction, where this doesn't. Given that, i can't image it would be easy to shorten...

Anyway, it has left GZ, so normally it will clear Sydney customs Monday and be on my wrist Tuesday. Two days from now, as its sunday here.

Keep ya posted!

Oh, and please see my question about yr Seiko in todays wristy.

;)

Edit: actually tues is a public holiday here, so make that^ Wednesday.

Looking forward to your pics mma (mastrmindalliance :)) For sure the construction is not the same as the gen but it still looks really nice. The gen is actually quite something to behold in person. The main part of the mesh is just that....mesh. So it is flexible and smooth. Before the mesh terminates to the deployant clasp it changes structure to solid links that are shaped to match the mesh exactly. Then there are about 3 to 4 links on each side to remove/add to adjust sizing. Then micro adjust is done via springbar in the clasp. Very cool! Here are a couple of shots I found showing it well.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Full listing on WUS here

In any case the offering that some of the dealers have is a step in the right direction. If it will fit via the adjustment available then it will look great.

Cheers!

Ahh, that is interesting! The gen pics (i dint find any like this wjile googling) actually make me feel happier about the rep bracelet purchase they show that the rep mesh style is closer than I thought. Frankly the links would only matter on a bigger wrist than mine if the 7in thing is correct so... :D

Oh, and thanks Ronin, info in WC much appreciated and helpful ;)

Well, I got this one http://www.strapcode.com/store/wire-mesh-band-2424-heavy-stainless-steel-with-divers-double-clasp-p-738.html it's heavy, thick well made and at an amazing price. I also got rep one from timeshops, which is the same as Josh offers - that one is super extra long, fairly thin and with about 1cm of adjustment. Inadequate for my 7" wrist. Money lost... Hope it helps...

Dean

Edited by straight_six

Nice one Mike! Jealous...

Anyway the strap arrived yest, and it is BIG. While it looks the part and is very well made, as menttioned above, only the buckle adjusts (about 10mm). With a 7.5in wrist at the smaller setting, it's just short of wrapping around my wrist without watch.

Given that the watch head is 50mm, you will actually need a 8.5 to 9inch wrist to wear it!

I'm in talks with Josh about about a smaller one. I'm still happy to take shot shots if peeps are interested...

Dan

Edit: oh, and the watch itself is spectacular for a rep. Amazingly well put together. Not sure if got lucky, but everying is straight, neat and spot on. I'm going to have to call it my rep of the year!

The watch design itself is beautiful and i'm considering the gen.

Well it's a bit strange, The clasp has a screw head at each end on the pin, but i think its dummied up as they doesn't seem to unscrew...

Here's a quick length pic, it's set on the smallest guage on the clasp (which only has about 10mm's play)

soh-strap-length.jpg

Edit: I have contacted both the mesh supplier links above and they are both discontinued.

Well maybe strapcode will do them again, they said: "Sorry, this is temporary discontinued, please consider other available models, thanks!"

Thought some may be interested in this...

I know its very far from accurate but here's a cheapy I picked up. I grabbed it just to see if I like the mesh style enough to spend the required hundreds on a more accurate one.

The gen is $850 at the AD BTW

wrristfront.jpg

wristrear.jpg

mesh-flat.jpg

Got it from "seikoprince" on the bay for $20.

Price list $650 for a Gen Ocean Classic. Should be able to pull 10-15% off from a AD. For some reason the Aero Classic is $50 more and it is the same bracelet.

Wow, thats quite a difference, they told me $850 as above. Thats with currency conversion btw.... Where are you Bike Mike?