When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Moonie

gliptopolis

• 1 month later...

Woohoo... the old Venus "Lemania" (lol) transparent caseback rep. These were priceless!

Good old days for sure!

I actually tried to sell this last year on RG. Had a guy from England tell me it was a piece of sheeit based on one of your reviews. I told him he was out of his mind...that I bought it BECAUSE of the review you did a few yeas back. I tried to explain to him and the others that jumped in with him but it didn't do much good. I finally just removed it from the FS section and told him to suck it. He is still doing the same thing over there and actually got me banned for sticking up for someone he jumped on in the sales section. These watches were masterpieces given what the makers had to work with yet only a handful of people realize it anymore. Such a shame.

I owned 3 of these reps in the last few years...this being the first one:

DSC01841.jpgDSC01847.jpg

.....I was always amazed on the accuracy and quality of these reps.....after selling my last rep Moonie (thinking I was done with the moon watch all together) I soon regretted it but couldn't get my hands on a 4th....

So, I finally did this:

Picture051.jpg

Hold on to that watch....it is a beauty! ....AND very close to GEN!

I actually tried to sell this last year on RG. Had a guy from England tell me it was a piece of sheeit based on one of your reviews. I told him he was out of his mind...that I bought it BECAUSE of the review you did a few yeas back. I tried to explain to him and the others that jumped in with him but it didn't do much good. I finally just removed it from the FS section and told him to suck it. He is still doing the same thing over there and actually got me banned for sticking up for someone he jumped on in the sales section. These watches were masterpieces given what the makers had to work with yet only a handful of people realize it anymore. Such a shame.

Wow. That's quite a story!

Rep collecting is not only about being anal about the flaws, or paranoid about "getting called out" (which is quite ridiculous, actually). Enjoying cool watches can be fun too. I guess some people haven't quite understood it.

Actually I don't think I reviewed this bigger version. I think it was the smaller one (there were 2 different rep versions of the Moonie).

These aren't super accurate as the spacing is off and the wandering '6 subdial has to be freezed (if it bothers you). But on the other hand these have an amazing "spirit". Impossible to explain, they're just damn cool. And the build quality on these is very decent.

My brother owns my old white Broad Arrow version (technically the same watch as yours), which was one of my all time favorite reps.

PS: This is very good quality shot. I really like it.

_ODD4576.jpg

Just for shits-and-giggles here's an exact cut and paste quote of what he told me about my p.o.s. rep:

and I quote

"$XXX for this POS ??? You gotta be JOKING, so its got a Hesalite Crystal ? So what ? Do none of you guys read the Sticky's and buyers guides in the Omega section ? This means you, ByTor :winkiss:

You are making out that this is some kind of super rep, when the fact is it is just not....I just called it a old school superrep...oops

Bezel markings.... FAIL

Dots at twelve.......FAIL

Rehaut...............FAIL

Bracelet ingraving... FAIL

If I wanted the ultimate moonie, I would buy the version sold by Ruby, and fit it with an aftermarket Hesalite Crystal, doable for a lot less than you are asking.

And since when have reps been so rare and collectable that they actually go UP in price when they are second hand ?

To sell a rep for a lot more than YOU PAID for it is just wrong, and against the spirit of Repgeek. This is exactly what I paid including shipping and WU fees

I am sorry to threadcrap in your sales thread, but I would hate even more to see a fellow repgeek get ripped off, by paying way over the odds for something that is really nothing special at all." He should just pick up a cheaper one since they're obviously everywhere, right?

His level or rep awareness is blinding! This was in my sales thread, yet nobody bothered to intervene on my behalf. When I tried to do the same to him it cost me a 3 day ban. And so life goes :whistling:

Hmm.. where'd you buy that one FROGMAN?

I'll give you a hint....start with an "A" and end with a "D" ;)

With the moonie, all roads lead to a Gen.

Nice one Frogman wub.gif

Thanks bro! This is the exact style rep that sent me over the edge....I had to buy a gen! You're lucky if you can find one of these reps anymore.

I'll give you a hint....start with an "A" and end with a "D" ;)

AAAhhh ;) Me must be blind.. :bangin:

Thanks bro! This is the exact style rep that sent me over the edge....I had to buy a gen! You're lucky if you can find one of these reps anymore.

That's why I asked.. Still looking for the Moonie rep :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...