When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 2009 Silver Offshore lumi pics

daytonaboy

Pardon the lousy pics - no thanks to Sony T-10 and overcast conditions. Paper-towel roll wrapped w/a t-shirt served as makeshift prop. :)

Rep, Gen, Gen:

rep4.jpg

Rep - the sub dial rings are not near as pronounced in person:

rep1.jpg

Gen:

gen1.jpg

Rep:

rep2.jpg

Gen:

gen2.jpg

Rep - hex bolts were significantly better seated w/replacement watch:

rep5.jpg

Gen - no complaints:

gen5.jpg

Gen on left; Rep on right - note height due to case-back:

rep3.jpg

Rep - notice the lack of back-plate behind AP:

rep6.jpg

Gen:

gen6.jpg

Rep - strap is noticeably less substantial, but embossing's impressive:

rep7.jpg

Gen:

gen7.jpg

Is the height difference really just due to the case back? I imagine it is because of the movement that is used in the rep. Looks like the dial could use a little more work and the date wheel looks a little off but for me I wouldn't really notice either of those unless I had it side by side. The logo P is one that could be an easy tell when looking at the watch but I don't suspect anyone would notice that unless actually trying to pass it off lol. And the numbers in the subdials looks like the ink is a little more pronounced on the genuine but that could just be per model I don't know if they are all that way or not.

I really like this watch. Looks great.

Thanks for the comparison shots ! Overall what are your thoughts on the rep, now that you have the gen in your hands ?

To the untrained eye, the rep looks pretty good - it's not until holding next to the gen when differences become obvious. The gen just has this crazy magic/quality.

I doubt anyone would every be called out w/the rep - unless they're offenders as well. :brow:

So, Has the AP ROO AR??

Compared to my E-series Rubberclad, the AR on the new 3126 movement is significantly better. Reading the date on the Rubberclad's a PITA.

Great thread... It's funny, my silver theme has become my number one as I feel like it is just a really good rep and very close and only by side by side would someone know and I have been wearing it almost everyday. I personally feel it is the closest of the 4 ROO that I have...

The lume being the major issue of course

However, I recently had my hands on a gen RG RC and I feel pretty good about mine after that.

Congrats on your purchase.... I am gearing up for something new....

Edited by goodfella0406

Hey Daytona! Congrats on the gen :thumbsupsmileyanim: sure is a real beauty! Brilliant to see the rep / gen side by side. The rep is a very good (if it werent sitting next to the gen). The logo and everything on the rep seem a few mm's larger than on the gen. The thing that has always stopped me from getting an AP is definitely the screws in the bezel.......Theyre so clean on the gen "siiiiiiigh". ENjoy your great collection..... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow. I agree that it is difficult to notice the difference until you have a Gen side by side. Althought the Rep looks amazing, we now see a few flaws, two of them major for me: the date number are very different and the AP logo could use a lot of redesign. In my opinion the logo on any Rep should be "near" perfect, because this is the first thing any person looks at when admiring a watch (gen or Rep). What do you think?

The Silver theme is one of my favorites too.

Congrats.