When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just became a VIP member...Feedback

rolexmaniac88

Well, i crossed a brigde yesterday and donated to RWG as to become a VIP member. All i can say is, i should have done this ages ago! It is not really what the VIP member status gives you really (now is it) but it is what you feel!

In my opinion, donating to this forum is acknowledging all that the members have given you (advice, pictures, ideas for future projects, joy!) and contributing so that it keeps going on! It is also about entering the family, being part of a community.

I just wanted to encourage all the members that are reading this (particularly the ones interesting in Rolex as i am), that this forum gives you so much information about rolex watches, gen or rep, that you couldn't have found otherwise. Giving $15 for 6 months is not much now is it, especially when you are willing to spend something like $200 on a rep.

I purchased my first rep a month ago (WM9 BK V3 sub) and i think it also explains why i chose to donate. Even though i have been in and out of the world of rep for years now, i couldn't decide myself on buying one. I wanted something really close to perfect. With BK, i found it.

There is also something i understood just recently, the real joy about rep is if you're looking for the beauty of the watch that you may not afford its gen counterpart. It shouldn't be about trying to convince people around you that you own a rolex. That is also why, after i receive my V3, i am going to decide on a project and collect all the parts necessary to my dream vintage rolex watch. I don't know about you but for me the most important thing is how the dial looks (a brownship or very light patina depending on the watch).

Also, an added feature to the world of rep is that, especially for the vintage ones, the great thing is that you can really choose to make it like you want it to be. Its look, aged insert or not, the color of the indices on the dial, everyting. Whereas, if you are looking for a gen, it is always tough to find the exact one you'd like to possess!

Anyway, it was just a small contribution to convince the members to support this community. After all, if you are reading this, it must already have given you so much!

Thank you for reading.

Well, i crossed a brigde yesterday and donated to RWG as to become a VIP member. All i can say is, i should have done this ages ago! It is not really what the VIP member status gives you really (now is it) but it is what you feel!

In my opinion, donating to this forum is acknowledging all that the members have given you (advice, pictures, ideas for future projects, joy!) and contributing so that it keeps going on! It is also about entering the family, being part of a community.

I just wanted to encourage all the members that are reading this (particularly the ones interesting in Rolex as i am), that this forum gives you so much information about rolex watches, gen or rep, that you couldn't have found otherwise. Giving $15 for 6 months is not much now is it, especially when you are willing to spend something like $200 on a rep.

I purchased my first rep a month ago (WM9 BK V3 sub) and i think it also explains why i chose to donate. Even though i have been in and out of the world of rep for years now, i couldn't decide myself on buying one. I wanted something really close to perfect. With BK, i found it.

There is also something i understood just recently, the real joy about rep is if you're looking for the beauty of the watch that you may not afford its gen counterpart. It shouldn't be about trying to convince people around you that you own a rolex. That is also why, after i receive my V3, i am going to decide on a project and collect all the parts necessary to my dream vintage rolex watch. I don't know about you but for me the most important thing is how the dial looks (a brownship or very light patina depending on the watch).

Also, an added feature to the world of rep is that, especially for the vintage ones, the great thing is that you can really choose to make it like you want it to be. Its look, aged insert or not, the color of the indices on the dial, everyting. Whereas, if you are looking for a gen, it is always tough to find the exact one you'd like to possess!

Anyway, it was just a small contribution to convince the members to support this community. After all, if you are reading this, it must already have given you so much!

Thank you for reading.

Absolutely spot on :good: It might not be 'perfect', but if it's the watch which you want to be wearing, that's all that matters :victory:

oh... oh.........

is it... :Jumpy:

nah no boner :nea:

but a genuine appreciation for your gesture and words.. it is true the feeling is being apart of ..

with that said.. I hope your hunt for your grail watch takes you on a fun journey as it has for me and others..

And one thing you can count on.. you got all the support one could ask for.. :1a:

thanks for supporting "Your" Community!!!

AC/Lani

Well, first, thank you all for your kind comments. I really appreciate it. We all share the same passion and everyone is always trying to do their best to inform or help others. That is the great thing about this place.

@jmarin.72: thank you very much. It will be much appreciated since, even though i am on the forum everyday, i still don't know everything there is to know on how to source reliable parts from reliable sellers :Jumpy:

@Lani: next stop: PLATINUM! (well not for now but soon, i promise :victory:)

Lani's going to get a boner when he reads this.

:rofl: such a simple thing can make so many people happy! Congrats on your upgrade R88!! As many have said already, you have contributed to your community, and it is your community that will be more than happy to help you with your grail watch building adventures!!! :D

It is not really what the VIP member status gives you really (now is it) but it is what you feel! In my opinion, donating to this forum is acknowledging all that the members have given you (advice, pictures, ideas for future projects, joy!) and contributing so that it keeps going on!

I agree. I donated $100 and didn't care that I never actually got my upgrade.

thats great from you rolex, i did it too a few weeks after i came here it is not a big thing to donate a small amount like this when you get so much help and feedback from the people here, and as lani sayd, thats not only a forum its a community and maybe the strongest that i ever seen :)

and dont forget a bad buy that you maybe do without all the knowlegde and pics that you find here, is way more than the amount for supporting this community here :)

so supporting here is the best buy someone can do imho :thumbsupsmileyanim::drinks:

denz

Thank you for reading.

Good for you my man. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I do have one question if you would be so kind. Do you like Rolex watches? ;) Mike