When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is why you should not post reps/frankens on gen websites

freddy333

I doubt that someone would be crazy enough to post a rep on a genuine forum, at least not knowingly. How many franken and replica Rolex subs get by the watchful eyes of the Rolex Forum "Watch out" guys? Folks buy these watches, many with pretty good paperwork, firmly convinced that they are buying a genuine Rolex.It woulld be interesting to know just where this watch came from. personally, I would bet someone took a genuine 1680, stuck a fake dial on it and sold it for a bunch of money. If it was a Red Sub to start with , they probably sold the dial seperately as well.If the watch is indeed genuine, the owner can replace the dial and for another 1-1.5k have a real Red Sub!!

Well, all gen forum members are not angels either.. they usually sell questionable items on ebay, whist selling the unquestioning items on the gen forums.. I'm not talking about dials.. but parts such as tension rings..

personally I never had the desire outside of my Doxa's (on the Orange forum) to post pics of any of my gens on TZ.. I can't find a purpose.. I know of a member here who owns a very sought after genuine vintage Rolex.. but never posted it anywhere.. he has shared pics with a few of us.. and that was much appreciated..no doubt members on TZ would raved about the watch.... respect to that member and I understand his low key approach and humbleness in his passion for watches..

Like some art collectors it is for his joy and fulfillment to own it..

but I digress.. some give counterfeiting a bad name :lol: