When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Puretime 1665 Best Edition

creation88

Two weeks on...

The movement is great -- really accurate and great power reserve.

I've replaced the PT superdome crystal with a Wholesale outlet T39, which completely improves the dial as the markers aren't so huge and distorted and the date window is no longer so stretched.

hi there creations88 great watch! my comex sub 1665 from trusty has a similar dome crystal i also want to replace it distorts the dial too much i want to replace it with a t-19 but i dont think it will fit,and tone down the overbright dot markers that are buggin me!

Edited by aeromatic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there creations88 great watch! my comex sub 1665 from trusty has a similar dome crystal i also want to replace it distorts the dial too much i want to replace it with a t-19 but i dont think it will fit,and tone down the overbright dot markers that are buggin me!

Hey aeromatic, you can use the WSO T-39 crystal above for your Trusty, I used it on a GWSD I bought from Josh, it's a tight fit on the case and the retention ring as well, but I got it on there with no watch press, so it's possible. Below is the crystal profile on it

post-25942-126626118658_thumb.jpg

Hey aeromatic, you can use the WSO T-39 crystal above for your Trusty, I used it on a GWSD I bought from Josh, it's a tight fit on the case and the retention ring as well, but I got it on there with no watch press, so it's possible. Below is the crystal profile on it

Thanks brendo22 thats great i will do that thanks for the photo should look good and on mine too! i prefer to put the crystal on if poss without the watch press the last time we put a crystal with a press i cracked a good t-19!!!!

i dont mind the profile on my 1665 its the magification i hate! Thanks again!

looks great Creation88! :thumbs:

what else did you mod on yours? im thinking of buying this watch and im trying to plan what parts to get and replace plus pricing it out.

So far, I know it needs a crystal, crown, hands, probably MBK dial.

insert/pearl?

All I've done so far is change the crystal to the WSO t-39, dull the hour markers on the dial with a Bergeon scratch removal pen, shave the crown guards, sand the case edges, shake the bracelet around in a bag of nails (30 years worth of wear in about 5 minutes). I'm waiting for delivery of a new crown and then, I think that'll be it.

post-25942-126626118658_thumb.jpg

Huh man, that's a lowrider crystal! Shouldn't it sit a bit higher over the insert? Anyone with a t19 pic on a 1665?

Dean

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't touched my 1665 since delivered from Josh a few months ago. As soon as my SSD is finished the 1665 will be next.

I agree, I like the T19, Jmb is putting a gen T19 on my 5512 as we speak.

Really would like an all white dial for it and have looked at Yuki's... anyone used Yuki's gt white 1665 dial?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my old trevor DRSD with a WO T19 on it... I bought a Clark as well but the compression ring just "fell" on. The compression actually fit snug over the WO crystal so it must have a larger OD.

Sorry 'bout that...

T-19 side 2.JPG