When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen RG Montoya v/s Rep RG ROO

exper

Today I had the opportunity to meet up with a friend who has a nice collection of gen AP's, luckily today on his wrist was the RG Montoya so I grabbed it for a few shots against my Rep RG ROO Rubberclad.. I should mention he used to own the RG Rubber which he swapped out recently for the Restivo and he thought it was his old one I picked up from a dealer friend who he gets his AP from.. in other words - he didnt suspect it was a rep at all.

Here are some shots, including some RG montoya ones for those who are getting the rep for comparison.

aprg5.jpg

aprg1b.jpg

aprg2b.jpg

aprg3c.jpg

aprg1.jpg

aprg2.jpg

aprg3.jpg

aprg4.jpg

aprg10.jpg

aprg6.jpg

aprg7.jpg

aprg9.jpg

aprg8.jpg

nice... i was relieved when I saw the car keys were Lamborghini and not bmw or mercedes or audi... Having a car that costs less than your watch is just not morally correct. An $80,000 watch!! you're probably the only one here(or one of VERY few) on the forum that can say they've tried on a genuine RG montoya and held lamborghini keys at the same time.. Well done.. Wish you had had a RG montoya rep.. then you could've played the swap game on him like Madred7 did to his friend! haha

There is a very slight difference it has to be said, the rep is slightly too dark, but bear in mind that the Montoya just did come back from a polish - also a side note, the strap on the gen Montoya can't handle the weight of the beefy watch and this is the second strap he has had to put on after the first one broke off near the links over time (he had it super-glued to hold it together at one stage which I thought was funny) ! The lining of the back of the strap is also a nice lovely suede almost finish.

Plaifender - Well I do have a few other toys ;) I did manage to fit 2 chicks in the front seat once though -- Bruce Wayne stylee ;) Which if you and Dani wanna do.. I dont mind....

misc1e.jpg

Plaifender - Well I do have a few other toys ;) I did manage to fit 2 chicks in the front seat once though -- Bruce Wayne stylee ;) Which if you and Dani wanna do.. I dont mind....

misc1e.jpg

i have some friends that has been in Dubai they told me fast cars was the norm their, Dubai and Norway has oil in common so many from here travel to Dubai..But if could take a ride in a v12 lambo, who can say no? not even whit plaifender on my lap i would say no :rofl::winkiss:

If you can get some VIP tickets for me at the Dubai motogp race that would seal my faith for a week :Jumpy: just think about it you can meet the elusive Dani famous member of RWG :lol: that in its self is worth it but i do also have a spare kidney. :whistling:

There is a very slight difference it has to be said, the rep is slightly too dark, but bear in mind that the Montoya just did come back from a polish - also a side note, the strap on the gen Montoya can't handle the weight of the beefy watch and this is the second strap he has had to put on after the first one broke off near the links over time (he had it super-glued to hold it together at one stage which I thought was funny) ! The lining of the back of the strap is also a nice lovely suede almost finish.

misc1e.jpg

I was thinking more like. I drive and you enjoy the scenery from the passenger seat for once in your car. You and Dani could get to know each other better since you both have "oil" countries in common and I'm sure could chat it up all ride long.. I on the other hand, am just interested in driving... :bicycle:

I'll even throw 5 bucks in for gas.. haha (since i don't have a spare kidney Dani)

Fantastic watch and in one of my favorite cities...Dubai!

I spent some time there a couple of years ago...very disappointed in the amount of available Pannies to play with...but the great food and new malls made up for it...didn't go skiing though...

Thanks for bringing back some cool memories...

tech, they do have a few Pam boutiques but they aren't that popular here to be honest... here it seems all about the gold and bling really. Can't say I have even seen a single one on someone's wrist 'in the wild'.

deniz, well often I buy the reps before deciding if I want the gens, and more importantly because I appreciated reps long before I had money to buy the gens !

Wow that's my dream car! Cool! Haha my other dream car would be the Audi R8.

Thanks for the comparison of the watches. To be honest I never fancy the AP Montoya watches, that's until today when I saw a gen blue piece at a second hand watch boutique. The carbon fibre bezel and the overall design looks sporty & classy. Haha wonder why they have so many square stitches for the leather strap, prefer the standard AP leather straps?

• 3 weeks later...

I think the biggest flaw in the RG Montoya will be the yellowed/gold colored date wheel that the gen has, in the rep it seems white.

I'm pretty sure the DW is white, but its further recessed which is why all of the DWs on gen ROOs look darker than our reps.

• 5 months later...