When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chinese New Year

paneristi_man

Most of our rep dealers will be closing shop as it's the Chinese New Year holidays for them. If you're ordering something it might get delayed so don't be too worried.

To all the Chinese who is celebrating , Happy New Year to you all!

:good:

The year of the Tiger: Geng Yin

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

fyi ... if you are not familiar with the Lunar New Year in China.. everything closes down.. most work 7 days a week but come the Lunar New Year .. literally everything closes down .. and it takes about a week after the population returns to work for things to start flowing towards normalcy again..

Chinese New year starts on the 14th Feb this year doesn't it?

Correct.. the first day of the "Year of the Tiger" is ... 14 February 2010 ..... cut off for shipping is well before that though.. and then when China returns to work it always takes a little over a week to get the back log flowing again.. and with the recent slow pace of the China EMS.. it should be longer than the past years if the mail follows suit with how it's flowing now.

Things won't be down for too long, so don't worry. As has been said many times before, patience in this game is essential.

Being born in the year of the Tiger (48 this year), I'm interested to see what this year will bring. My wife (Chinese) will be celebrating with friends next week. I will be working. My watches have taken a back seat to my house renovations, and the construction and equipping of a home recording studio. I'm all set except for the device that has the 'talent' button.