When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW?

M5Man

This is a stupid question but I have never really followed the Rolex scene. I am finally interested in an Explorer or a Sub; every one always discusses MBW in connection with some of the best subs. Im guessing that MBW is a dealer - but I could be wrong. Can anyone bring me up to speed?

Thanks and flamesuit is on for the inevitable fireballs that shall be hurled in my general direction...

:evil2:

This is a stupid question but I have never really followed the Rolex scene. I am finally interested in an Explorer or a Sub; every one always discusses MBW in connection with some of the best subs. Im guessing that MBW is a dealer - but I could be wrong. Can anyone bring me up to speed?

Thanks and flamesuit is on for the inevitable fireballs that shall be hurled in my general direction...

:evil2:

You might get luckyyy

Edited by Craytonic

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I dont know that much about MBW as I have never owned one, but what I do know is that it stands for Maria Best Watch and he/she was a dealer a while back at RWG. I believe he/she has the best Rolex Reps around especially the vintages, I think alot of them can interchanged with some genuine parts. They seem to be the creme de la creme of rolex reps and I am sure they carry the price tags to match. Good Luck in your search. I would go with an Explorer I have one and I love it. PM me for more info on the Exp I. Thanks

I haven't seem him listed in the dealer's section here yet, but if you've BEEN a member at TRC for a bit, or you can try over at RWI, look for a fellow named Luckyy. MBW's are one of the best quality vintage reps around. They will also fit genuine & aftermarket parts, like bezels, inserts, and dials. He also sells a line of really well made modern version reps, mostly Rollies. If YOU'RE lucky, you might be able to buy a rep from him. He even states in his section, he's not too willing to sell to "new" collectors. If you're REALLY into vintage Rollies, and have a good tale to tell why you want one so much . . . maybe . . .

Best of Luck to ya!

Brian

BTW . . . I'm not quite ready yet, want a few more modern ones, but definitely want to eventually get a vintage white letter MBW Sub.

Start posting. :D Luckyy is a very reliable dealer with excellent pricing but you need creds to buy. MBW's are the only Rollies I own. Go vintage though. :)

Is Luckyyy a member here - or likely to be? Or would you have to get your post count up on TRC?

I have a Precious Time Yacht-Master and a MBW Two Tone silver serti dial submariner. The two tone is also solid gold and has been confirmed by someone who has experience with gold.

If you definitely want one, give it a month or so, so he can see you are not a newbie, and then make an enquiry. Read his terms on TRC (hopefully he will come over here, I've emailed him about this place)., and be patient. If you don't get a reply straight away, be prepared to wait up to a week before sending another message.

Hope that helps. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guess my next thing to do is identify which one I want. Im somewhat partial to the look of the doublered although I know it's somewhat of a giveaway because of the rarity of them. Definetley want to go vintage, love the look and feel of the old rollies.

I'm sure he is!

Perhaps he'll post something in the Dealer section one day. I have to say that the Dealer section is a maaaaarvelous feature of the new RWG by the way!!!

I agree - love that section. Centralized location is really nice.

MBW's are really something to see in person! I was lucky enough to buy quite a few reps directly from MBW when he was still selling a variety of reps as opposed to how its done now. I have an MBW Yact, 16610, GMT and my most recent was my 1st vintage purchase of a Red Sub last year. The Vintage models especially...really are far better than the others.

Go 4 it...you wont be disappointed.

How does the MBW GMT function? Is the hour independently settable, or like most reps, it's just the GMT hand that is independently settable ?

M5Man:

I have both the MBW DRSD and the Milgauss from Luckyyy...you can both see and feel the difference...Luckyyy is a straight up guy and has been easy to deal with. Only issue is that he does not take pp..so you'll need to use WU. That being said, he does discount a bit to compensate for the extra cost of WU....He also has the MBW Comex, Single Red, and the WSD as vintage and the MBW modern sub....I really think you can't go wrong with any of them...the DRSD and the Milgauss are the only watches I wear lately...

M5Man:

I have both the MBW DRSD and the Milgauss from Luckyyy...you can both see and feel the difference...Luckyyy is a straight up guy and has been easy to deal with. Only issue is that he does not take pp..so you'll need to use WU. That being said, he does discount a bit to compensate for the extra cost of WU....He also has the MBW Comex, Single Red, and the WSD as vintage and the MBW modern sub....I really think you can't go wrong with any of them...the DRSD and the Milgauss are the only watches I wear lately...

I emailed back and forth with Luckyyy a few times today but I continue to be torn. I want something believable; the DRSD and SRSD are very rare and makes it harder to believe. Starting to think that the WSD vintage may ne the way to go. Need to see some pics of it.

How to identify an MBW:

Link.

YOU SAVED IT !!!!!

Way to go.! Looked at that one, and a lot of your others over a number of times. I sure hope you got to save those too. Very well done, great pics, and very informative. A valuable part of the archive of knowledge that should be a part of the new RWG too. If I haven't said it before, I appreciate the time and effort you put into these . . . and actually even learned things from them !!!

8^)

B