When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Gen or Rep - Can you tell? Pics inside

WatchnRoll

Hey there,

First, the pictures are from my iPhone...sorry.

I currently own a Gen 2005 Sea Dweller. I went to an AD to see the DSSD in person and I also own a rep DSSD (waiting for a replacement clasp so I can wear it). I can tell you that the rep is so close to the gen it is crazy. Why spend $9,250 for a watch that you can get so close for $400...

Here are the pics....tell me which DSSD is the Gen and which is the Rep?....My gen Sea Dweller is next to it in some pics....

Picture 1

photo-11.jpg

Picture 2

photo-12-1.jpg

Picture 3

photo-16-1.jpg

Picture 4

photo-14-1.jpg

Picture 1 and picture 3 is the rep.. You have to buy a new bezel insert with the correct 10 dude..... Flaming giveaway biggrin.gif

Took me 2 secs flat to spot!

Picture 1 and picture 3 is the rep.. You have to buy a new bezel insert with the correct 10 dude..... Flaming giveaway biggrin.gif

I ordered the replacement bezel insert and will probably upgrade but it might just be me but I dont see the difference but obviously you do! Kudos and nice job!!!

Can you point out what the difference is in the 10? I cant see it :bangin:

pic 1 is the rep and the rest all gen :) but its a good rep for sure

Yep but number 3 is also....and I agree! It's a good rep for sure! :victory:

You must make momma so proud.

:) Just kidding, I actually learned an easy way to tell from your post if thats correct. I can't keep up with all these DSSD things. Thanks!

The bezel as whole is an easy tell..... Colour of pearl, thickness of bezel markers and numerals as well as the 10. But your right its a damn good rep

Also dial inscriprtions and hands.

HE is usually the other tell when its on your wrist but cant see that in these pics

If you look closely the "10" is to far to one side between the lines..... Closer to 12 than 3 (Im bad at explaining I know) :)

I see it now! :victory:

Jeez we are picky around here! LOL

Besides us watch freaks how many people would spot that on your wrist or even know to look at it.

But now that I know it's there...it kills me. Thanks ASCI...thank :wounded1: Just kidding

It took me about 5 seconds on the second scroll through to see the reps. The 10 is not centered between the markers on each side. also the numbers a tad thicker and more defined. I will say the gas escape ring on your rep is centered better than any that I have seen thus far. If you change the insert to the more correct one, you will have a winnah!

I still have to swap the pearl out .. and this pearl will go to a member who is waiting for it.. he lost his..... poor bugar :victory:

zzzzzinsert009.jpg

I would advise taping your thumb with some athletic tape.. :whistling: before doing the sanding..

but after you swap the insert it should look like this.. ^_^

zzzzzinsert015.jpg

AC/Lani

I still have to swap the pearl out .. and this pearl will go to a member who is waiting for it.. he lost his..... poor bugar :victory:

zzzzzinsert009.jpg

I would advise taping your thumb with some athletic tape.. :whistling: before doing the sanding..

but after you swap the insert it should look like this.. ^_^

zzzzzinsert015.jpg

AC/Lani

Hi Lani,

Thanks and your DS looks amazing. I should have my replacement bezel insert later this week. I might be in touch with some questions about sanding and stuff...I have the tutorial you wrote...awesome stuff!... :thumbsupsmileyanim: hope that's cool....

Did you do the white paint mod on that or is that stock?

I'm thinking of doing the paint mod on the new insert before it's on the watch...more control...what do you think? I don't want to mess it up by replacing the insert or painting the numbers but I want this thing to look as good as yours! :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...