When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD (Ultimate) v5 Modded from Josh

kamber

Arrived today from Josh! Great service. Spacing is correct on the 10. Everything looks good to me... but i'm no expert... What do you guys think?

Sorry about iphone pic I'll do some proper ones when I get more time later.

edit: Added a few more shots, one from the EOS.

post-27069-126565388919_thumb.jpg

post-27069-126565489935_thumb.jpg

post-27069-126566422904_thumb.jpg

post-27069-126572579204_thumb.jpg

post-27069-126583678808_thumb.jpg

Im confused ... the cartel dealers sell the v5 now? And why would it need to be modded? It always had the perfect bezel .. the "Ultimate" DSSD has the bad bezel.

Lastly, if the cartel sells the v5 now, have they finally sold all the bad crooked printed dials and come to fresh batch of perfect dials?

:huh:

Arrived today from Josh! Great service. Spacing is correct on the 10. Everything looks good to me... but i'm no expert... What do you guys think?

Sorry about iphone pic I'll do some proper ones when I get more time later.

edit: Added one shot from the EOS.

One thing is it doesn't glow "true blue" which i'm a bit [censored] off about really.

I think it looks great! The bezel insert looks awesome. I just bought the Ultimate from Joshua about 2 weeks ago and then he comes out with the new bezel insert with the 10 fixed on it on a new version....made me quite angry...but I ordered the new bezel insert and hope to do a good job replacing it on my own...I'm scared! :wounded1: I get it in a week.

Wear it well...I love this watch but that 10 on my bezel insert is killing me even though nobody else except this site will know... :drinks:

photo-16-1.jpg

Sorry mate this is the "Ultimate" V5 all singing all dancing Swiss ETA version with the new improved grade steel, with corrected 10 and non crooked dial, only thing I can see wrong with it is that the "blue" lume is not true blue, but that can be fixed and would want it relumed anyway so it stays very bright for hours not the usual 30 mins.

Im confused ... the cartel dealers sell the v5 now? And why would it need to be modded? It always had the perfect bezel .. the "Ultimate" DSSD has the bad bezel.

Lastly, if the cartel sells the v5 now, have they finally sold all the bad crooked printed dials and come to fresh batch of perfect dials?

:huh:

Yeah I didn't even notice the 10 was slightly offcentre until someone on another thread pointed it out, now it just stands out at ya. :-( the new bezel will sort it mate I feel your pain.

I think it looks great! The bezel insert looks awesome. I just bought the Ultimate from Joshua about 2 weeks ago and then he comes out with the new bezel insert with the 10 fixed on it on a new version....made me quite angry...but I ordered the new bezel insert and hope to do a good job replacing it on my own...I'm scared! :wounded1: I get it in a week.

Wear it well...I love this watch but that 10 on my bezel insert is killing me even though nobody else except this site will know... :drinks:

ummm just love the DSSD's - it is a real look kamber - i got one from T4D,

what bothers me now with the newest bezel version is that it seems that the triangle top is flat, on former versions and the gen it looks like it have a slight curve that follows the bezel curve.

but could just be me, or is there hold in the assumption ?

and if there is - why do they fix one telltail and add another one...

The dealers and guys at the factories need to work with everyone here to get everything spot on, even if they just posted some shots of the prototype before they go into production so the flaws can be fixed. Seems crazy whey they don't as it obviously costs them in the long run.

The dealers and guys at the factories need to work with everyone here to get everything spot on, even if they just posted some shots of the prototype before they go into production so the flaws can be fixed. Seems crazy whey they don't as it obviously costs them in the long run.

the dealers/factories figured out long ago,the best business model is one step forwarrd, another backward or sideways. If they fix it to the point of perfection, they would sell us "suckers" one of each, and that would be it. As it is lots of us end up buying 3,4 or 5 versions of the same watch, each with a "Fix" but also another flaw!!

I gave it a good test last night, its actually not as bad (although it doesn't stay ultra bright that long, how long does a really good lume last with a good charge up?) as I first thought to be honest! (it is blue)

I'll post a lume shot later when I get back if i get a chance.

Sorry the shots were taken with my iphone! So they are pretty crap quality, but you get the idea... the lume seems to change colour, sometimes its more cyan blue, then other times its darker blue, one thing is the lume certainly fades pretty quick! You can see the hour markers but not the hands after a few minutes!

I think a re-lume with superlume would make this model almost perfect :-) ^^ loving it.

post-27069-126583684118_thumb.jpg

post-27069-126583684402_thumb.jpg

I think a re-lume with superlume would make this model almost perfect :-) ^^ loving it.

I think so too! Thats why my DSSD Ult (pre316f steel) dial, hands and pearl are being re-lumed by Zigggy for my new correct 10,316 ultimate! Should look a treat.

And I know it's its confusing, but the "Ultimate" is a very different watch from the "V5". The V5 feels like a kids toy in build quality (not looks). It's tinny and clanky compared to the Ultimate which solid, smooth and sturdy.

I've had them all.

;)

That whole bezel 10 issue is a real kick in the cojones... I would have never noticed it if someone hadnt called it out here.. NOW it sticks out like a sore thumb to everyone! what a difference a millimeter makes...

I feel your pain brother. I spent $438 for that millimetre...

It's like a spec of dust under glass, once you've seen it, it's all you see.

:(

I've purchased the replacement "correct 10" bezel. But, I will not swap it for some time. For one thing, that discrepancy does not affect me that much and it will only be noticed if I actually hand the watch to someone who is actually looking for it. Realistically, unless I hang out with experts or enthusiasts in a social setting, no one will either notice nor care. Secondly, I don't know of many that have done the mod here. Eventually, someone will put up a tutorial and I will be able to see what I can expect during the process. I mean, my watch is currently working within COSC standards and I'm very happy with that. The lume is incredible and I can read it throughout the night - whenever I happen to wake up - which is nice. Except for that small discrepancy, my watch is really perfect. I don't want to do something impulsive and break something when I don't know what I'm doing just yet. Replacing the bezel on a "noobmariner" is one thing. But, I don't want to screw this one up. So, if - in the future - the bezel pearl happens to fall off, or I do some crazy damage to the "ceramic" bezel currently on the watch, I'll have the "correct 10" to replace it (once I sand it down to size, of course).