When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 600$ Mistake From Watchmaker9 - 18k Blue Sub

davidk

Eddie, I told you why I thought it was not solid 18k. There is a DISCOLORED SHARP EDGE on the end link.. it is not smooth. The reason for this? Plating!!! I have also found brown colored scratches on other links. Solid gold when scratched will not leave a BROWN mark.

DAMN RIGHT I am picky! I could have got the same watch from another dealer for A LOT LESS! So for someone charging OVER DOUBLE, I will mos def set my standards higher. If you read the claims made by WM9, I have every right to be picky.

Im glad your friend with the gen doesn't care about these things.... BUT I DO!

If you could have got the same watch from another dealer for less why didn't you???

You also posted on the Wm9 forum about this watch and 2 days later when WM9 was offering the VIP you jumped up and down saying thats the watch i wanted, thats the watch i wanted, gee's

You care about these things because you cannot aford the real deal, you want to walk around with your rep so everyone can see your imposter rolex thinking its real. Why no one will tell its a rep, maybee some rep collectors if they have a close look at it or a rolex dealer so whats your issue.

and if you do care about these small little details then as i said before put your big boy pants on and drop the $$$ for the real thing otherwise settle for your cheap chinese made copies and stop crying like a [censored].

which dealer has the perfect SUB??? your offical Rolex dealer thats who.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie, I told you why I thought it was not solid 18k. There is a DISCOLORED SHARP EDGE on the end link.. it is not smooth. The reason for this? Plating!!! I have also found brown colored scratches on other links. Solid gold when scratched will not leave a BROWN mark.

DAMN RIGHT I am picky! I could have got the same watch from another dealer for A LOT LESS! So for someone charging OVER DOUBLE, I will mos def set my standards higher. If you read the claims made by WM9, I have every right to be picky.

Im glad your friend with the gen doesn't care about these things.... BUT I DO!

I just looked at the pictures you posted, you got the old model there, not the new model, yes the old model has plated end links just as described on WM9 website, so you got what you paid for, but you do know that that watch has solid gold links and a solid gold BEZEL and crown don't you, what dealer offers this NONE.

Only the new VIP model has solid endlinks and the new updated dial, but thats right George is sending you out this $679 replacement isn't he. see you bought the old model and were not happy with it, knowing full well what you were buying.

Okay Eddie. Now you are just talking out of your ASS!

I didn't buy it cheaper elsewhere because WM9 told me that it was better. i.e solid 18k links.

Here is the direct quotation from his website, so I have no idea what the HELL you are talking about.

"Gold part of both end links made of solid 18K gold "

I sent WM9 an email asking if this was the MBW like Luckyyys on RWG, and he emailed me back YES!

That is why I ordered from him.

At least the reputable dealers here have the honesty to tell me they didn't have what I was looking for.

Edited by davidk

Okay Eddie. Now you are just talking out of your ASS!

I didn't buy it cheaper elsewhere because WM9 told me that it was better. i.e solid 18k links.

Here is the direct quotation from his website, so I have no idea what the HELL you are talking about.

"Gold part of both end links made of solid 18K gold "

I sent WM9 an email asking if this was the MBW like Luckyyys on RWG, and he emailed me back YES!

That is why I ordered from him.

At least the reputable dealers here have the honesty to tell me they didn't have what I was looking for.

Iam talking out of my ass Am i you should read all your posts and your posts over on WM9 forum and re evaluate your response.

You ordered this model for the solid 18crt gold links and bezel full stop. George was not offering the VIP model when you ordered yours.

2 days later after you ordered, the VIP model came up for offer, you cryed like a baby on the forums over there saying this is the model you wanted but didnot want to pay the extra $100 for it.

The model you recived has the gold plated endlinks, it is the older model as i said before. George changed the braclet on the two tones about 4 months ago and now they all come with solid endlinks. before that they came with gold plated endlinks because the braclets were not available in solid endlinks 18crt gold. So he is probaby correct in saying they sent you the wrong watch as this watch has not been available for more than 4 months.

I find it hard to beleve that George would say that this is a MBW, as really there is no such thing, but a name made up on this and other forums to describe a certian model that will acept Gen parts, Georges exact response to this question was

""Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir:

Please forgive me for the very late reply of this thread.

Sir, we are not affiliate with any other online dealer or group.

All the timepieces we are offering are made in house in our own independently operated workshop under our chief watchmakers, Roger and John's supervision.

Thank you!

George

this is for all to see so who is kidding who.

P.S yes these models are better than what is offered from the dealers here, Why, THey are TW best cases which are hand assembled by Georges team. They fit a thicker crystal of higer quality. The crown tube has the O ring like an original on the inside , where the crown tube screws into the case, no other rep offers this i have pulled them all apart to see, as this is where a watch will leak water under pressure. George watches offer water resistance to 200m, donot beleve me get yours pressure tested and see. The BAnd, bezel, crown are all solid gold. These are made and serviced in a small private workshop in Tiawan, not mass produced in China where QC is well non exhistant. These and other minor points are why these watches are better thus the price.

BUt still if your not happy get your money back as George has offered you a full refund. send the wrong watch back and get your correct model.

Or get a inferior model in 14 crt gold from one of the dealers here.

As people have tried to point you in the right direction from the forums here telling you there is no good twotone rep offered, all have flaws that are incorrect to the original. Also this is typical Newbie purchase as this is the attitude you have displayed In youposts here and on the WM9 forum.

As i said earlier stop crying like a [censored] take your skirt off and see how much of a man you are and put the dollars down for a Gen model thats if you can afford too. Who has the best Sub ?? your Offical Rolex dealer thats who, if not settle for your asian made copies. There are some cheap ones around for a couple hundred $$ that kind of look like the original from a distance and will impress passes by. especially that butt ugly blue two tone that screams Fake. :bleh:

P.s sorry i will not respond anymore to your uneducated guesses as i find you fundimental facalties quite insuficiant.

Yep that got your little warning meter raised.

I'm am very aware of the thread of which you speak, I am also very aware that no one could guarantee that the site did in fact belong to George, in fact I am quite sure there were many who were willing to swear that it was not in fact his site.

Regardless none of that changes my opinion that you took a chance on an off site seller and lost.

Ken

You are right.

There has been an initial uncertainty on George and WM9 then resolved...

But despite the doubts on WM9 (expressed by many member and also from me)

some members have been hasty to purchase from WM9.... out of the safety of RWG...

I hold however that part of the responsibility is to also attribute to members that have furnished answers as this:

Dealers watch $200 is good quality for the money.

Wm9 watch $562 Excellent quality.

Both watches are good they both have minor flaws but i donot worry about that as they are reps, Iam not fussed, Iam after watches that are good quality and 99% resemble the real thing, which both do.

But The wm9 watch feels like a original, i have compaired it to one in an AD.

convincing other members, too much hasty, as Davidk to purchase from WM9

EMAIL FROM WM9::

Dear David:

My profound apologies! Both our shipping staff and I had made an honest mistake.

David, our shipping staff accidentally shipped your package to another gentleman in California, and his repaired 2 tone Submariner 16613 to you.

Our shipping staff sent me an email about this earlier on Sep 1st. And our watchmakers are making you a new 2 tone Submariner 16613. Yet, I forgot to email this important information to you. Once again, David, my profound apologies.

We understand how upset or angry you may be at the current moment, however, we would still like to ask you to give us another shot by delivering the correct timepiece you ordered to you.

If you feel like no longer have trust in us, we understand, I will reply you with the return instructions and give you full refund upon receiving the returning package.

If you are willing to give us another chance, it will be great! However, we may have to ask your patience for another 5 business days as our watchmakers are still making this new 2 tone Submariner 16613 VIP only model for you.

Please let me know.

Thank you! Have a good day.

George

Watchmaker9 support team

:g::g::g:

:blink::angry: Davidk take back your money....

is ridiculous "our watchmakers are making you a new 2 tone Submariner 16613"

Edited by MAHLER

Iam talking out of my ass Am i you should read all your posts and your posts over on WM9 forum and re evaluate your response.

You ordered this model for the solid 18crt gold links and bezel full stop. George was not offering the VIP model when you ordered yours.

2 days later after you ordered, the VIP model came up for offer, you cryed like a baby on the forums over there saying this is the model you wanted but didnot want to pay the extra $100 for it.

The model you recived has the gold plated endlinks, it is the older model as i said before. George changed the braclet on the two tones about 4 months ago and now they all come with solid endlinks. before that they came with gold plated endlinks because the braclets were not available in solid endlinks 18crt gold. So he is probaby correct in saying they sent you the wrong watch as this watch has not been available for more than 4 months.

I find it hard to beleve that George would say that this is a MBW, as really there is no such thing, but a name made up on this and other forums to describe a certian model that will acept Gen parts, Georges exact response to this question was

""Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S yes these models are better than what is offered from the dealers here, Why, THey are TW best cases which are hand assembled by Georges team. They fit a thicker crystal of higer quality. The crown tube has the O ring like an original on the inside , where the crown tube screws into the case, no other rep offers this i have pulled them all apart to see, as this is where a watch will leak water under pressure. George watches offer water resistance to 200m, donot beleve me get yours pressure tested and see. The BAnd, bezel, crown are all solid gold. These are made and serviced in a small private workshop in Tiawan, not mass produced in China where QC is well non exhistant. These and other minor points are why these watches are better thus the price.

BUt still if your not happy get your money back as George has offered you a full refund. send the wrong watch back and get your correct model.

Or get a inferior model in 14 crt gold from one of the dealers here.

As people have tried to point you in the right direction from the forums here telling you there is no good twotone rep offered, all have flaws that are incorrect to the original. Also this is typical Newbie purchase as this is the attitude you have displayed In youposts here and on the WM9 forum.

As i said earlier stop crying like a [censored] take your skirt off and see how much of a man you are and put the dollars down for a Gen model thats if you can afford too. Who has the best Sub ?? your Offical Rolex dealer thats who, if not settle for your asian made copies. There are some cheap ones around for a couple hundred $$ that kind of look like the original from a distance and will impress passes by. especially that butt ugly blue two tone that screams Fake. :bleh:

P.s sorry i will not respond anymore to your uneducated guesses as i find you fundimental facalties quite insuficiant.

Eddie

I am so glad you will not be responding any more, because you have contributed nothing but [censored] to this thread.

The way you describe what happened is so polluted. I specifically asked George if the model he advertised was like the MBW in another thread on RWG, I sent him the link with picture. He said yes. Now imagine how I feel 2 days later him posting that there is a better version, after telling me 2 days earlier that what he offered was "THE BEST" Therefore what he told me was a lie. I didn't cry or [censored], I voiced a VERY VALID concern. Why was there a better watch offered after I had just been told I had purchased the best? :g:

I think its funny how you say he sent me his older model, when he told me he sent me SOMEONE ELSE'S REPAIRED watch. :bangin:

Point is the endlinks were not solid 18kt nor were the hollow midlinks. I laugh at your claim saying there was QC involved in the watch I got. I mean come on!!! Markers were different sizes and crooked, the cyclops was crooked, and the plating was AWFUL! I have a feeling you are somehow related to his business.

You talk all this [censored] about testing the links and such, but you have not posted ONE PICTURE of a watch you have received from this guy.

I know reps have flaws, but this one was ridiculous. This is the rep I wanted

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=blue+tt+sub

, and WM9 said he could provide it. He lied... END OF STORY!

Now I would like to vote your closing statement as the STUPIDEST STATEMENT EVER!

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

You have excellent "fundimental facalties"!!!

davidk, thanks for posting the pictures and the info. It takes a big person to post a something like this and risk having others poke fun at your mistake. I have seen much worse reps - although, you did pay a premium compared to what you could have gotten here for much less. Everybody makes mistakes and hopefully others can learn from what you have posted.

I would not do business with that site. The stories just do not make sense. What watch repair person puts plastic on the watch bands when they do a repair? This looks like a one that was shipped as new not repaired as they have stated - smells funny to me.

When you use the dealers here you at least have some leverage to correct a bad situation. Good luck in getting your money back and thanks for sharing this info.

• 2 weeks later...

so David, what happened to your new and improved 16613? did you receive it yet? and is it me, or is this "eddie" member sounded fishy, as if he is affiliated with WM9? there are plenty of things that smell fishy. wm9, eddie, all smell fishy to me. and David, I know you want to, but I really think you should trust more with people that have more posts, really, that 300z guy and now Eddie seemed to both endorse this wm9 piece, and what did you end up getting? there really is a lesson learned here, I hope you have returned the watch to get your money back. good luck

• 4 weeks later...
I know reps have flaws, but this one was ridiculous. This is the rep I wanted

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=blue+tt+sub

You know what's funny... the poster called it "MBW" but that's NOOBMARINER two-tone. Yes, really. Same case, same dial printing, same everything... except the crown (which is more accurate size) and gold parts of course. :)

And yes it's the best TT Sub I've seen. All dealers could probably get this rep... and I suspect many of them offer it too.

• 2 years later...
bump! 2 years have passed wm9 has another tt to be released

I recently put a pre-order deposit down for WM9's sea dweller that is being released soon. Everything I've read on this site has lead me to believe that WM9 is a reputable dealer with great quality stuff. After reading through this post though, I'm not so sure anymore. Should I be worried? Or has their quality improved over the last 2 years?

Why spend $600? Neither king nor silix charges $600 for the "mbw" or the like version. For $600 on this watch I'd be expecting at least solid hollow gold midlinks and not plated with swiss movement. Wasn't the perfect version like around $230 or so? I forgot. I own one, I don't remember paying over 300 bucks for it.

I just looked at the site about the "V2" 16613 and the description says it comes with a genuine Rolex band, yet on the forum George clearly states this:

"the gold part on the bracelet will be 18k yellow gold wrapped at 0.15 mm, minus polishing and finish, the actual thickness will be around at 0.06 ~ 0.08 mm"

That is NOT solid gold. I wouldn't buy this for $600+, bad deal. I'd rather have a $160 version than fork out over $600 on a 16613 with gold plate. The plating is too thin that they use on these things and it will wear out fast. I used to own a couple $160 models and they looked nice but I just had to have the most perfect one. I can tell you it is a waste of time because there are different variants of parts such as and especially the case. The case on my cheaper one I thought looked nicer than on the one people were saying a couple years ago that is the "mbw" that I own.

I'd suggest going with king or silix and if you want a good band, try to source a real one or some after market and get the replica clasp put on.

Also keep in mind they changed the clasp style in 2008 or 2009. Check Rolex's web page for more info on that.

Edited by amptor1

:lol:

A blast from the past!

I'm wearing my WM9 Sub V2 and loving it.

Now the credit card processing is done through Las Vegas but the watches are still shipped out of Taiwan. They ship from someone with your own last name and include a "happy birthday" card. :lol:

Mate, there are some things US customs don't need to know buddy. That is prob one of them.

Col.