When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tuesday Wristcheck

plaifender

5 years on the waiting list for a white dial ss, they called me on at 7:30pm on a saturday night last august. needless to say i said i'll take it! lmao :)

Damn... congrats again. And you chose the only correct dial color for the modern Daytona too. :)

Did your watch come with or without rehaut engraving?

DSCN2906.jpg

I took this into a watchsmith earlier to ask about the movement issue. Either he wasn't listening to me when I handed it over, or maybe he misheard me explaining that I'd built it myself, but his first question, was "When was it last serviced?" and when I replied that it never had been, that earned me a glare over the half-moons, and a 'tut tut tut' tongue clucking... I repeated that I'd built it myself, and then it began to sink in :lol: His only thoughts were that the second hand might be temporarily slipping on the pinion, but said that he didn't work on asian movements due to past experience, and the comparative cost of the service over a completely new movement. I said that I could probably buy a couple of new movements for the cost of the service, and he nodded silently, and suggested that the best thing to do, as it's (still) keeping good time, is to simply wear it till the movement completely fails, and then just replace the movement :) Overall good result :)

Damn... congrats again. And you chose the only correct dial color for the modern Daytona too. :)

Did your watch come with or without rehaut engraving?

thanks man, it was a long time coming. when my sales lady called i thought she was kidding me at first. it has the engraving, it's the latest v series with the comfort link clasp like my gmt2c. they say the black dial is all the rage in japan but the white dial is my favorite. :)

dsc05828edited.jpg

they say the black dial is all the rage in japan but the white dial is my favorite. :)

Indeed. For modern post-ElP Daytona I would never even consider the black dial. :good: