When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Serti Love

bklm1234

I promised a member friend I did this for him a long time ago. I took today, President's Day holiday to finish it. It's not particularly hard thanks to wm9's movement ring design. Here're the specs:

- wm9 v3

- gen dial $300 (not $200. Corrected by owner), sent in by the owner

- gen crystal $250, sourced by me

- used gen crown $50, sourced by me

- JewelryOutlet555 sub blue insert $10, sent in by the owner

- pearl extracted from a wm9 LV insert which I installed it on the JO insert. I had to enlarge the existing pearl hole to put on the wm9 pearl.

The gen dial's feet got clipped and filed smooth and flat. It's then glued onto with shoe glue to the wm9 movement ring. Easy enough. Just have to be patient and steady with the hands to center everything.

IMG_6011.jpg

hands installed

IMG_6020.jpg

perfect fit into the case. Note all the minute markers are even with the rehaut

IMG_6039.jpg

gen crystal and gasket

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

used gen crown

IMG_6075.jpg

wm9 LV insert pearl on JO insert

IMG_6058.jpg

The rest is standard assembly procedure

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

The silver serti Sub is the only good looking diamond watch that I know. I think this dial would go better with the two-tone version though (just like the original).

Great job anyway... really nice one.

The silver serti Sub is the only good looking diamond watch that I know. I think this dial would go better with the two-tone version though (just like the original).

Great job anyway... really nice one.

Absolutely correct on all counts, By-Tor. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

In fact, that will be the only bling rollie I'd ever strap on.

Awesome work as usual from BK. :good:

its a shame that the second "p" in PERPETUAL its like kinda crooked right???

it seems small :wounded1:

The P isn't crooked, the letter itself is damaged. If you look at the bottom tip of the R, the bottom of the P and the lower left corner of the E (peRPEtual) they are all slightly damaged, as if something rubbed against the dial and removed the printing, which is a shame...

Other than that, a fantastic build :good:

Regarding the "1000ft"...it looks as though the first 'zero' is larger than the second two...could be an optical illusion.

In fact, the "ft" is too close to the "1000", and the "1" is a different font when compared to the 'gen' just above. But close enough for 99% of anybody you would encounter.

Edited by lgking

Regarding the "1000ft"...it looks as though the first 'zero' is larger than the second two...could be an optical illusion.

In fact, the "ft" is too close to the "1000", and the "1" is a different font when compared to the 'gen' just above. But close enough for 99% of anybody you would encounter.

Beautiful and very well executed, BKLM. Regardless of the authenticity of the dial, we can all admire the craftsmanship of it's builder. I would be

amazed if anyone could ever call the owner out. I would wear it with pride!