When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

removing the deepsea bezel

docdoc

I use one of these:

img5856l.jpg

img5866f.jpg

...But you won't find too many of these around.

I recommend that you not use a screwdriver - They are generally too narrow, and can easily mark the bezel or case. Try using a case knife (or a pocket knife with a thin, strong blade) to pry the bezel off. Use tape to protect the case and bezel.

hahaha.. it's monstrous! is that tool designed solely for the purpose of removing beezels?

LOL...Even more specifically, this tool is designed to remove rotating dive bezels. It's really designed for Rolex watches. I've also got one of these for other style bezels:

590665.jpg

I like the look of those new Bergeon removers. I have the one that Avitt posted and it works pretty well. The only complaints that I have had are the price and that the claws can mar the bezel. I wish that the claws were made of delrin or some other non marring material.

Bergeon just brought this out also, non marking!

634014156544975608.jpg

I saw the announcement on these last year, but haven't been able to find them for sale yet. Can you get them, FxrAndy?

I like the look of those new Bergeon removers. I have the one that Avitt posted and it works pretty well. The only complaints that I have had are the price and that the claws can mar the bezel. I wish that the claws were made of delrin or some other non marring material.

I've got the same complaints on the fixed bezel remover...But I've found a bit of a solution to the marking part: Try using a small piece of duct tape over each wedge (I use Gorilla tape). It reduces or eliminates any case marking, and does not change the effectiveness of the tool. In fact, I was able to securely hold and remove an IWC Slevin bezel this way.

That new Bergeon bezel tool looks mighty interestng. Might have to pick one of those up sometime soon...

:g:

I'm looking forward to trying this one, as well.

AR has one like this for a while:

af167.770.jpg

I've tried to make my own, using miscellaneous items from Home Depot...But I've never been able to achieve a grip that's firm enough.

I sure wish that the old Omega bezel tool was still available:

5100049.jpg

I just got in a chunk of large diameter Delrin I ordered to make some custom dies for my crystal press so I just might try making something similar to the Burgeon tool. Also, it might be interesting to get some "square" Delrin and make something like a set of replacement jaws for a small machinist vise.

I also have the top one you posted Avitt and I have never been able to make it work. There isn't much of a lip to get under the bezel, or maybe I am just not strong enough :D :D :D I have only tried it a handful of times and have always gone back to the other or a razor blade. If you try it and have success, lmk.

Where did you get your delrin jmb? Delrin jaws do sound promisning :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

LOL...Even more specifically, this tool is designed to remove rotating dive bezels. It's really designed for Rolex watches. I've also got one of these for other style bezels:

590665.jpg

Be aware that there are a number of versions of this tool, and some use inferior steel in the blades. (Check whether the blades are shiny stainless or black as a good starting point)

The version with quality hardened stainless blades is a little dearer and a LOT more efficient.

I have not encountered a bezel yet that this has not removed very quickly and effectively, and thus far have not experienced any problems with marking. I do "clean up" the blades after each use, so there is nothing on the blade which could marr its use and mark the bezel or case.

O/S