When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking of getting a DSSD but have small wrists

Jit

Hi all! I don't regularly post on here (more of a silent member who reads up on as much as possible!).

I've been thinking of getting the DSSD from Josh for some time now as it seems to be the best one out there at present. My only problem is that I have small wrists (only 7 inches). Will the DSSD look too big and bulky and bring too much attention due to my rubbish small wrists!?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes to all and happy Friday. Jit.

DSSD will

It all depends on you, your personality, style, etc.

I have a Breitling Skyland which is about the same size...in fact 2mm wider and I think this is about as big as I would go (I have 6.5" wrists)...so i think the DSSD would be fine for you...but if you are more self-conscious, having a big hunk of metal on your wrist will be an attention getter...something to think about.

It all depends on you, your personality, style, etc.

I have a Breitling Skyland which is about the same size...in fact 2mm wider and I think this is about as big as I would go (I have 6.5" wrists)...so i think the DSSD would be fine for you...but if you are more self-conscious, having a big hunk of metal on your wrist will be an attention getter...something to think about.

Thanks Toadtorrent for your reply. I'm concerned about the attention but also about it simply looking too big on my wrist. it's the width of the DSSD that concerns me, I'm just worried that it will look like a hockey puck sitting on my wrist! Have any other members with similar wrist size to mine purchased a DSSD? What are your thoughts or experiences to the size of this beast and how it sits on your wrist? I may go into an AD and try one on before I pull the trigger. Again thanks in advance for any advice, thoughts etc. Best wishes, Jit.

Hi all! I don't regularly post on here (more of a silent member who reads up on as much as possible!).

I've been thinking of getting the DSSD from Josh for some time now as it seems to be the best one out there at present. My only problem is that I have small wrists (only 7 inches). Will the DSSD look too big and bulky and bring too much attention due to my rubbish small wrists!?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes to all and happy Friday. Jit.

DSSD will

my wrist is 3/4 of an inch smaller than yours.. and here's what it looks like on my wrist:

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

It's a chunky watch but doesn't wear any bigger than my UPO or pam. I think it looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

my wrist is 3/4 of an inch smaller than yours.. and here's what it looks like on my wrist:

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

It's a chunky watch but doesn't wear any bigger than my UPO or pam. I think it looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Dear Marinamm20 and Plaifender, thank you very much for your advice. I think I'm going to save a bit more money and pull the trigger on this one with the correct '10' spacing bezel. I take it you guys have had to adjust the bracelet or remove links to get a good sizing? Did you have any problems with this or was it straight forward, I have small screw drivers to remove links as i had to remove a few on the noobmariner I got from Josh last year. Again many thanks guys, what a great community this is!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Jit

I have exactly 7" wrists and the DSSD sits PERFECT :) Just remove three links and you are in business....

Thanks ASCIWhite.

I need to save a few more pennies to get the version from Josh with the correct '10' bezel.

Can't wait!

Thanks again everyone!

Best wishes,

Jit

I was 1 of a small handful of people on TZ who loved the DSSD when it 1st appeared at Basel (though, admittedly, I knew it would spend most of its time gathering dust in 1 of my cases) & I could not wait to get a hold of a good rep, knowing that it would not be long before they began to appear for sale here. However, when I tried a gen on at my local AD, I thought it looked ridiculous on my 7" wrist. Certainly, others have spoken with their wallets, but it is worth noting that, according to just about every barometer of men's style, the era of the swollen watch (larger than 40mm) is long gone & thin, understated designs are the future.

I was 1 of a small handful of people on TZ who loved the DSSD when it 1st appeared at Basel (though, admittedly, I knew it would spend most of its time gathering dust in 1 of my cases) & I could not wait to get a hold of a good rep, knowing that it would not be long before they began to appear for sale here. However, when I tried a gen on at my local AD, I thought it looked ridiculous on my 7" wrist. Certainly, others have spoken with their wallets, but it is worth noting that, according to just about every barometer of men's style, the era of the swollen watch (larger than 40mm) is long gone & thin, understated designs are the future.

To what barometers of men's style do you refer? (without mentioning Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig :whistling: )

I say go for it! Got a buddy of mine who's got 6 1/2 inch wrist and he sports the DSSD and bigger regularly w/o any problems at all. Personally, I think it's got a lot to do with how you wear a watch/clothes/etc. and your attitude than size. Except for watches that are like HUGE. LOL

To what barometers of men's style do you refer? (without mentioning Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig :whistling: )

The generally accepted arbiters of male habiliment - the likes of Esquire, GQ, Vogue, Armani, Ralph Lauren (which recently forged a deal with Piaget to use Piaget's thin/small mechanical movements in RL's high end watches), New York Times, Washington Post, Alan Flusser (Flusser was the sartorial consultant who provided costumes for the male characters in the movie 'Wall Street'), etc. The other barometer is the fact that vintage Rolex watches are more popular than ever (having held or gained value through the weak economy) while many of the big watch companies of the past 10 years lost market share or have simply gone out of business. I suspect that if you ask your local high end watch retailer what types of watches are selling well, he will tell you that the trend is definitely towards smaller, thinner more understated watches.

But that is all academic when it comes to personal taste. If the OP likes the way the DSSD looks on his wrist, he should buy it.

The generally accepted arbiters of male habiliment - the likes of Esquire, GQ, Vogue, Armani, Ralph Lauren (which recently forged a deal with Piaget to use Piaget's thin/small mechanical movements in RL's high end watches), New York Times, Washington Post, Alan Flusser (Flusser was the sartorial consultant who provided costumes for the male characters in the movie 'Wall Street'), etc. The other barometer is the fact that vintage Rolex watches are more popular than ever (having held or gained value through the weak economy) while many of the big watch companies of the past 10 years lost market share or have simply gone out of business. I suspect that if you ask your local high end watch retailer what types of watches are selling well, he will tell you that the trend is definitely towards smaller, thinner more understated watches.

But that is all academic when it comes to personal taste. If the OP likes the way the DSSD looks on his wrist, he should buy it.

Indeed, GQ, Vogue, armani and the likes are monitors and indicators of breaking trends in the fashion world in general... the fact remains that small watches have ALWAYS been popular and have gernally been the norm for the last 60 years.(diving watches exempt). I think big watches have muscled their way into the market in a VERY big way and are not a fading trend that will simply go away. I walk by one of the most exclusive and trendy AD's in madrid everday on my way to work and 40+ watches are still dominating the windows.... The day you show me a high end AD that has 90% of it's storefront window filled with watches smaller than 40mm.. I'll accept your theory that big watches are a dying trend.... :whistling:

:pardon:

I think josh has solid brass balls to charge people extra for fixing a glaring error .. a huge honking error wearing a silly hat while waving flags.

Hahahah :rofl:

Seriously though, The DSSD actually wears kinda small. Not sure why, maybe it's the bracelet dimensions. For me it seems to wear tall, but not big. I have 7.5in wrists.

Dear Marinamm20 and Plaifender, thank you very much for your advice. I think I'm going to save a bit more money and pull the trigger on this one with the correct '10' spacing bezel. I take it you guys have had to adjust the bracelet or remove links to get a good sizing? Did you have any problems with this or was it straight forward, I have small screw drivers to remove links as i had to remove a few on the noobmariner I got from Josh last year. Again many thanks guys, what a great community this is!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Jit

About resizing - This bracelet is one of the easiest to do. You just need a tiny screw driver and I would guess you need to take of one link at each side of the bracelet. Absolutely no worries. :good:

The glide lock enables you to adjust the bracelet +/- 1 cm afterwards. Brilliant. :victory:

Please read Lani's great review HERE on the watch. This one is my favourite rep - extremely well made. You can't go wrong with the DSSD (Version 9.24 beta) :1a:

DSC05914.jpg

DSC05915.jpg