When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friends MBK trip

highoeyazmuhudee

MY buddy is returning from Thailand and making a stop at MBK. I've educated him on the old style POLFY cases from NP and will probably pick up a few complete watches. Im trying to gauge interest here for those looking for some vintage Rolex and what models people might be interested in. im thinking of selling these for $330 shipped. I dont plan on being a dealer or anything but my friend will probably bring a few back , 5 perhaps. Is there anything specific anyone is looking for or must have? this is ALL tentative on them being old style POLFY cases and what price he can secure from NP. If theyre the newer cases with seperate 1680 case model is there still interest from people here? and what price should those be?

armed with knowledge my buddy checked out MBK NP for me. He said the sales clerk played aloof to the POLFY cases

" I headed to MBK with 15 g's in my pocket and got him to open up the watches, but they were NOT POLFY shitinerand, I kept asking for original cases, old model etc. but he said those were them and was very confused."

I was under the impression ET could still source POLFY cases from them with ease. Unless they fixed the spelling as I see on ETs website his 5513 cases show "rolex montres switzerland" in the back of his 5513 MBKs. so are these 1:1 with out any messing with mods to fit crystals?

what are the indications of the bad 1680 nightmare cases from MBK? getting a lil confused as I thought POLFY was indicitive of the good stuff.

my friend is still there in Thailand for a lil while longer

I think you have to get a picture of the watches that MBK store is selling. Then post them here. We can easily determine between the old (good) stuff and the new junk.

I think it's way too risky to let a third person to buy them... especially if this person doesn't possess deeper knowledge of the said reps.

If he can get the good ones, like the 1680, I'd stick with the white dial versions. The red dials aren't accurate at all (this applies to the old versions too).

My 2c.

The ET cases are supposedly old style but they have new markings for serial # and caseback.

IIRC, the watches DO say POLEX though.

I have fitted gen crystals, case tubes, crystal retainers,bezels, dials, and ETA movements in these with no issues.

Today I got an MBK from Narikaa, fresh from his trip to Thailand, so it should be one of the latest ones. Between the lugs at 12 it says "ORIG POLEX DESIGN 5513", and between the lugs at 6 "STAINLESS STEEL L342371". The inside of the case back has correct spelling montres rolex... :good:

What's so good about the polfy case? I have one sitting in my desk collecting dust if anyone wants lol

The MBW/MBK vintage sub cases had the word "POLEX" in between the lugs, like LUNA just said he got. If your case has "Monarch Polfy Gelena Shitenerand" on the inside caseback, that is not necessarily a watch from MBW/MBK, I have seen this caseback on a few cartel watches. It may have came from the shop of MBW at MBK, but it may not accept genuine parts.

Cheers B)

For the record, these 'Shit.....' cases have been around for at least 15 years & have been sold by many sellers (not just MBW). Many years ago (before the web), I bought a Sub that contained this nomenclature & returned it to the seller because his pics showed the watch with correct lettering. :whistling: