When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG watch from way back?...Old forum

gpuck

I've been away quite a while so its good to be back. Noticed many of the same old names from before. The thing that brings me back is my RWG watch from the old forum. I received it after what seemed like forever and doubting that I would ever see it due to the circumstances at the time. However it never ran for more than a few seconds before stopping and actually moving backward a few seconds. Not wanting to pay to have it looked at I put it back in the box where it sat until I found it a couple months ago. It brought back many memories of the old board. I took it to my local watch guy who after many weeks of waiting told me that the problem was caused by three teeth being broken off on one of the gears. He was able to replace it and now for the first time she is running! I will try and get some pics up as it is a beauty. Anyway I was wondering if there are any of you guys out there who also have one and if they are still running or dead! I am trying to decide whether to wear it or look into trading it for one of the new beauties I see out there now!

Gpuck

Hi Ken,

Still using the same avatar! I remember you were a big part in the design of the watch which I love! I can't believe it is actually running. Now I am trying to get the band sized properly. The screws are either stripped or jammed in and I can't get them out so I am trying to find a replacement that fits properly but with the size of the watch it is not going well.

Good to see you doing well,

G

I never jumped the RWG watch bandwagon. But now I'm sorry I didn't. It's a collector's item, and it helped Blade to get his super cool Acura.

Does anyone has one for sale... I'm willing to pay... ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

one-billion-dollars-austin-powers-above-the-law-blog.jpg

:D

I am still not able to get the screws out of the band to size it. Does anyone have any ideas on what may work or who would be the best guy to try and get a stainless replacement from? It was modeled after the Omega Railmaster but I don't know if it is the same size case and whether or not a band from another rep may fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gpuck

Happy to see that it (The BLADE vesrion of The Granmaster) is still around

Both of mine (Including the one of a kind KING version with the spelling mistakes)

box11qz.jpg

onwrist12fn.jpg

And the one of a kind prototype and discontinued from KING (this one is smaller than the BLADE version of the Granmaster above)

197960-2412.jpg

You guys are smoking dope. A fond rememberance? I have mine and will keep it but I remember the other side of it. First, there were the famous Blade stories when he disappeared - "ran off with the money and driving a new Acura", "drafted by the Serbian Army" and finally "thrown in-jail". I also remember the admin team desperately trying to figure out how to make the monthly payment and living in fear as to when the domain subscription would expire. And I remember the thousands of members left hanging. But what I remember first and foremost was Thomas (Admin) stepping up and providing a home at TRC and ultimately starting this place.

Fast forward to today and the rep forums, the management thereof and the hobby itself have now moved onto a whole new level. Long live all of the forums. We will never let that happen to us again. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey there gpuk, good to see you.

If you wanna sell that piece please put me down for it. Since I now admin the old board I should have one! :)

Yup, it came back allbeit without the old DB, Same old URL tho.

Col.

I think I need some clarification,.. RWG is "still" RWG ?? isn't it ??.. the domain name was "sold" ergo Admin never relinquished the fact that he started RWG.. then TRC .. the names may be the same but if the "original" board was and "still" is the same Founder then how can one claim to be the one in the same... although the same name is shared it seems to me that "WE" are still transparently have the same member #1 .. the old domain was just sold to a different group??

Kruzer and Ubi along with others know more the History of the bridge.. maybe can clarify this for us ??

AC/Lani

Edit Add:.. thanks kruzer.. must've posted around the same time..