When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I love this Watch. Omega Speedy Limited Edition

GarKinG

A classy looking watch. Wear it well.

Quartz is a step up from the non-functioning or pseduo-functioning chronos that are available at the low end, so don't be swayed by critics.

If you enjoy the watch and find its functions useful, then you don't need any more opinions.

Yours is the only opinion that matters. :yeah:

Received Yesterday. I know that ít´s not perfect but i love it. Quartz Movement. Opinions?

Neil´s Choice

post-856-1142932021.jpg

Genuine

post-856-1142932268.png

I think its a beautiful watch.......don't know why they cannot figure out a way to make quartz act like an auto........

Your Schuey is scary close, because of the quartz movement that is inside. The subdial spacing is correct. As long as no body notice the second hand jumping in one second interval, nobody will call you out on this one. Not a quartz fan though. Checkout the gen pic below.

http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/albervint...cyberattic.html

Received Yesterday. I know that ít´s not perfect but i love it. Quartz Movement. Opinions?

Neil´s Choice

post-856-1142932021.jpg

Genuine

post-856-1142932268.png

The date window is the wrong color, the subdial spacing is wrong too. Anyone that knows this watch could pick it as a fake without looking too hard. Sorry, but I call them as I see them. Overall, it's a nice watch, and if you are happy, that's important. I have abstained from this style watch because no one makes one with the correct subdial spacing. Funny, everyone is so anal about this with the Rolex Daytona, but no one seems to be that way with the Omegas.

Edited by WackoBirdKeeper

@wacko......Omega make it with the right sub dial spacing.....so you could get over ypur anal retention and just splurge out the $2000 for a genuine....until then....I guess you're just gonna have to keep the butt plug in place........I tell it as I see it.....the manufacturers are not gonna put the effort into getting this model right....it's not that popular.....!

@GarKinG......the good thing about quartz ...is that you can do what others who have automatics can't do.....you can just 'freeze' the second hand and sub dials.......that's a definite positive sign .....when someone who knows about chronographs sees it.....they'll automatically assume it's an auto stopwatch.....and if they ask to see it...just tell them..."don't start the chrono....i have a problem with it resetting and it has to go back to Omega'.....ENJOY your watch......it is a beauty......especially the overall finish....!

Edited by TTK

@wacko......Omega make it with the right sub dial spacing.....so you could get over ypur anal retention and just splurge out the $2000 for a genuine....until then....I guess you're just gonna have to keep the butt plug in place........I tell it as I see it.....the manufacturers are not gonna put the effort into getting this model right....it's not that popular.....!

@GarKinG......the good thing about quartz ...is that you can do what others who have automatics can't do.....you can just 'freeze' the second hand and sub dials.......that's a definite positive sign .....when someone who knows about chronographs sees it.....they'll automatically assume it's an auto stopwatch.....and if they ask to see it...just tell them..."don't start the chrono....i have a problem with it resetting and it has to go back to Omega'.....ENJOY your watch......it is a beauty......especially the overall finish....!

Neil, sorry, but BUTT plugs are definitely NOT my obsession. Please keep your recreational activities to yourself. That is MORE information than we all need. (YUCHHH, please make sure you don't place it in your mouth by mistake!!!!) :-) :yuk:

The real OMEGA is a beautiful work of art. That is why I footed the bill for the real deal. I have a real Omega Speedmaster on my wrist right now, as I am typing this. As far as telling someone that a real Omega has a problem with the stopwatch, and it has to go back to Omega, well, that is just a plain giveaway. I own three real Omegas, and they are all 100% perfect. The real deal watch would not have to go back to the manufacturer for a problem like that. If it did, then the owner would send it back ASAP, not sit on a defect. After all, OMEGA DOES STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS 100%. No one that purchases an OMEGA would have to sit on a defective watch, or have to deal with less than 100% customer satisfaction, Nor should they for the cost of that product.

Just like another dealer on these forums says, a replica is just a replica. Not the real thing. If you believe otherwise, then you are living an illusion.

Relicas can be fun, but we need to realize that they do not fool everyone.

BTW: Do you ALWAYS have to flame anyone that does not happen to agree with you? The original post asked for my opinion. I merely gave it. If someone does not want to be open to a negative reply, they should not ask. Plain and simple.

Edited by WackoBirdKeeper

Well.......Woop De Doo for you.......you have ONLY 3x Omegas...."I FOOTED THE BILL FOR THE REAL DEAL"...."I HAVE IT ON MY WRIST AS I TYPE THIS RIGHT NOW".......OOOOOOHHHH..........well....smack me around the head with a wet haddock and call me Olga for not noticing how special.......YOU are..........a real CONNOSSIEUR......and RICH enough into the bargain to pony up for not 1x GENUINE....but ......stand back in amazement......3x GENUINES.........call the Mods and set up a special aviary area for WBK......access only to VIP's birdbrains and mediocrities!

I gave away 3x Omegas last year ...for 1x Breguet... ..from my collection of over 10x Omegas...not to mention TAGS ...Chopard....Breitlings ET AL..however I still wouldn't do as YOU did......[censored] in a fellow members Rice Krispies....do you seriously think that GarKinG posted his watch with all of the enthusisam that he showed....for people to criticise it......NOBODY does that.......everyone looks for approval......and it's nice to give it and receive it.......all YOU were doing was trying to demonstrate how SMART you are......look at me ...I know ALL about them...and I WILL TELL IT AS I SEE IT........I'LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING THAT'S WRONG WITH THAT $100 WATCH......INSTEAD OF EVERYTHING THAT'S RIGHT WITH IT......that's JUVENILE.....all you had to do was say...."hey nice watch....wear it well....nice wATCH FOR 100 BUX.....".......but NO....I'll let everyone see how SMART I am......huh...not realising that a $100 watch will have faults that the genuine or even a $300 rep won't have....we all make choices.....at different economic levels.....and live with them.......!

Now, as far as being anal retentive, I just retain it so I can S**T all over juvenile combacks like yours! :-)

Up your schuch is probably where you keep your birds.....the day hasn't been born when you can [censored] all over me......your birds might....but a birdbrain like you....NEVER.....!

As for your butt plug.....obviously you took it out and ran off at the mouth with a barrage of plebeian verbiage.....!

So take your genuines.....and let the birds see them.....!

You want to flame or cross swords with me.....come ahead........I'll stuff you......pluck you and then cook you....!

Edited by TTK

Ok guy's cool it, let's not go messing up our new home this early.

Wacko, Neil is correct in pointing out that Garking started this thread to show off his new watch (which he is very fond of), so maybe a little more thought for your fellow member is in order.

Neil I'm sure if you tried you would be able to get that message across in a less offensive manner.

Ken

Well.......Woop De Doo for you.......you have ONLY 3x Omegas...."I FOOTED THE BILL FOR THE REAL DEAL"...."I HAVE IT ON MY WRIST AS I TYPE THIS RIGHT NOW".......OOOOOOHHHH..........well....smack me around the head with a wet haddock and call me Olga for not noticing how special.......YOU are..........a real CONNOSSIEUR......and RICH enough into the bargain to pony up for not 1x GENUINE....but ......stand back in amazement......3x GENUINES.........call the Mods and set up a special aviary area for WBK......access only to VIP's birdbrains and mediocrities!

I gave away 3x Omegas last year ...for 1x Breguet... ..from my collection of over 10x Omegas...not to mention TAGS ...Chopard....Breitlings ET AL..however I still wouldn't do as YOU did......[censored] in a fellow members Rice Krispies....do you seriously think that GarKinG posted his watch with all of the enthusisam that he showed....for people to criticise it......NOBODY does that.......everyone looks for approval......and it's nice to give it and receive it.......all YOU were doing was trying to demonstrate how SMART you are......look at me ...I know ALL about them...and I WILL TELL IT AS I SEE IT........I'LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING THAT'S WRONG WITH THAT $100 WATCH......INSTEAD OF EVERYTHING THAT'S RIGHT WITH IT......that's JUVENILE.....all you had to do was say...."hey nice watch....wear it well....nice wATCH FOR 100 BUX.....".......but NO....I'll let everyone see how SMART I am......huh...not realising that a $100 watch will have faults that the genuine or even a $300 rep won't have....we all make choices.....at different economic levels.....and live with them.......!

Up your schuch is probably where you keep your birds.....the day hasn't been born when you can [censored] all over me......your birds might....but a birdbrain like you....NEVER.....!

As for your butt plug.....obviously you took it out and ran off at the mouth with a barrage of plebeian verbiage.....!

So take your genuines.....and let the birds see them.....!

You want to flame or cross swords with me.....come ahead........I'll stuff you......pluck you and then cook you....!

Neil, you are definitely a legend in your own mind.

By the way, if you were this quick to respond to your customers emails when they have a problem, you would be the absolute best dealer on these forums. I guess it is easier to just ignore someone once you have their money, even if the watch you sold them is a useless paperweight.

Now, I have better things to do than match wits with someone that is completely unarmed.

Funny, but I'm still waiting for a response from you as to where to send that alleged watch you sold me for repairs. It sure seems like the only way to get a resonse from you is to butt heads. (There goes that butt word again)

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

you would be the absolute best dealer on these forums
I have no interest in being the best dealer on ANY forum.....I do what I do....and that's enough for me....!

Now, I have better things to do than match wits with someone that is completely unarmed.

Wow.......I never heard that before....how urbane....and so original.....you obviously completed the full course at Sammy Smith's World Renowned College of Wit and Repartee......with straight A's...Magna [censored] Laude.....huh..or perhaps even Summa [censored] Laude......!

You're waiting on a response from me......how about this.....take it and get it fixed.......now being SCL.....you should be able to interpret that....as for MY customers......I'll worry about those.....don't you go ruffling the feathers on that big ole turkey head of yours.....with things that are over your head.....leaving aside the mirror and bell in your cage.....nuff said....!

Edited by TTK

Wow I don´t even tought that an innocent question wil be able to start a little civil war. I dont´t need the approval of anybody, i don´t even need the opinion of anybody, I knew what I was buying when I bought it and I will know what I buy in the future, don´t get me wrong OK? .My simply intention was to show to the members of this board what in my opinion was a very beautiful piece.

WBK, I think that when you read this topic you don´t pay atention to the watch, but the name of the dealer who sold it. I have my first good wirst watch when I was twelve, a Tag Heuer Quartz Movement (Oh my God Quartz¡¡¡¡) present of my parents. Now I am thirtyfour and I have probably too much original watches and absolutely sure too much replica watches, but I don´t need to proclaim the number to feel confortable.

Guys please CALM!!!!!!. I promise that I never show my watches ANYMORE.

Thanks Neil. Thanks to all who place a trusty opinion good or bad. And pardon to all by my poor English.

Edited by GarKinG

Guys please CALM!!!!!!. I promise that I never show my watches ANYMORE.

My friend, like every other member, you are entitled to show off your watches. In fact we actively encourage it, particularly when it is such a nice example as your Speedy. Please do not stop. It is one of the principle elements of our site. We show off our watches.

Do not be discouraged by criticism. The ability to excercise a little bit of tact can sometimes get lost with some people. There's no crime here, just a little shade of insensitivity.

My advice is to repost your picture in the Omega picture gallery with a short review of your own, where it will sit proudly, as it should.

JTB

@GarKinG.......your attitude is the best attitude to have.....it's what pleases you......not anyone else......and please don't let someone else's insensitivity stop you from showing whatever you want.....!

The reason I was critical of WBK was simply because YOU emphasised right at the beginning of your post...." I know that ít´s not perfect but i love it"....that should have been enough of a clue to anyone following your post that EVEN if it had faults....you like it.....WBK......reacted in a mean spirited manner ....and I don't think it was because of the watch....I think it was because of the supplier......I sensed that....and responded accordingly.....if it had been a $300 watch with the faults that it has.....different ball game......not VFM......but at it's price level......it's a nice watch......and I know you 'll get lots of nice comments about it.....I have one...and get complimented frequently....and no-one has ever questioned it's heritage......soemtimes I think members forget that we know a great deal more than 97% of people we meet.....!

Edited by TTK

I wish they would just make the "frozen" stopwatches, like TTK described, at the factory--just use an asian auto, put the running seconds in the right place, and lock up everything else. Of course we'd all love accurate reps of our favorite chronos, complete with 1:1 FP 1185 copy movements, but until that happens the frozen stopwatch models seem a far, far, far better option than either quartz (the ticking of which even for non-experts is the #1 rep tip off) or the boneheaded day-day "chronos" my replica pet peeve.