When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Possible to transform 1665 to 1680

sbl1984

Hey all. Would it be possible to transform a PT 1665 into a 1680 Sub in terms of asthetic accuracy? Obviously, markings would be off, but is the case size, dial, and crystal diameter the same as to swap an MBW face and Clark's crystal onto PT's version?

Thanks!

You could buy an MBW 1680 case and a white 1680 dial, $165 + $65 + $20 to ship

Swap in the PT 2846-2 movement and DW, use the hollow mid link 93150 and 580 end pieces and the PT bezel insert and for under $500, you'd have a very nice 1680. Putting in a crown and tube would up your costs, some more, but both watches could use a gen crown. With the MBW case, you'd also need to drill the lugholes larger.

BTW, my watchmaker confirmed the PT 2846-2 is a 'Swiss' eta. He had to take my movement apart to find the screw that had come off one of the gears and stopped the movement DEAD. $40 later it's up an running again!

I personally wouldn't build a Red Sub w/ an MBW dial because the 'Submariner' print is way too large.

BTW, my watchmaker confirmed the PT 2846-2 is a 'Swiss' eta. He had to take my movement apart to find the screw that had come off one of the gears and stopped the movement DEAD. $40 later it's up an running again!

Glad to hear you got it running without unearthing any nasty (movement sourcing) surprises or too much (financial) pain.

I personally wouldn't build a Red Sub w/ an MBW dial because the 'Submariner' print is way too large.

Ditto that.