When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getat Superlumed 1950 47mm

CzechMate

This week I have received my new Panerai style watch from Getat. I must say that I am again very impressed with the quality he delivers for very acceptable price (120 delivered to my door).

First of all, I had to wait more than I was expecting - a month or so. But the waiting was worth it. The reason I had to wait was, that I requested very very strong lume and movement with swan neck, dagger pin and Panerai like bridges. All delivered and you can see the results bellow. Unfortunately I have forgoten to take a pic of the movement, so I will post pics Tat sent to me before he shipped the watch.

I am happy with everything. Only little complaint is the lever, that is a little bit wobbly, but that does not bother me that much.

Also, when the watch came, I felt that that box was a little bit wet, not realy soaked, but felt wet. Today, when I went out with my watch, an icing formed on the isnide of the crystal (it was freezing outside). I came back home, opened the case, put the watch on the heating radiator and let the humidity out the watch. Then I closed the case back realy tight and checked the watch outside again. No icing, no humidity... Will have it pressure tested eventualy.

The lume (requested realy strong lume) is excelent. it is on par with my gen Steinhart, which is BGW9 lumed. There is small difference between these two pigments - C3 is brighter than BGW9.

Thanks for looking! :)

imgp3735.jpg

imgp3737.jpg

imgp3723.jpg

imgp3716a.jpg

imgp3719.jpg

And now Tats images:

dsc0132r.jpg

dsc0131r.jpg

Thanks for sharing. It is certainly a great budget watch. Tat is a really helpful bloke if you want basic mods done at very reasonable prices. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The current price delivered is also 120, does that mean that the "very very strong lume and movement with swan neck, dagger pin and Panerai like bridges" was done for you at no extra charge?

I have been lusting after the fiddy for a long time now, but the really good quality reps were far too expensive. Wanted to spill out on a DSN fiddy for 460, but this watch looks more than acceptable.

I've got one on order from Tat- not a 1950 but a "Phantom" model with C3 superlume, pvd case, sterile dial, black leather strap and skeletonized PVD movement :)

Total cost was $144 shipped to my door- hasn't arrived yet but fingers crossed!

The current price delivered is also 120, does that mean that the "very very strong lume and movement with swan neck, dagger pin and Panerai like bridges" was done for you at no extra charge?

I have been lusting after the fiddy for a long time now, but the really good quality reps were far too expensive. Wanted to spill out on a DSN fiddy for 460, but this watch looks more than acceptable.

yes I just asked for the swan neck movement and ask for superlume, the destro I have pictured above was $111 and the fiddy style was $120. I also have one coming without second hand. Here's a pic of the type I'm talking about.

post-358-127143046415_thumb.jpg

Yes the swan neck is no extra charge, as I said before this destro was only $111 superlumed. A couple of weeks after I ordered it I asked him to put swan neck movement in it he said "sure, no problem'. It took about 2 months to get the watch but remember he takes the dials apart and relumes them and the hands, including second hand. Here's a pic of movement and the watch I got from him.

post-358-127143169372_thumb.jpg

post-358-127143172404_thumb.jpg

yes I just asked for the swan neck movement and ask for superlume, the destro I have pictured above was $111 and the fiddy style was $120. I also have one coming without second hand. Here's a pic of the type I'm talking about.

Is he building this exact same watch?

Is he building this exact same watch?

Yes, well, he had the watch in stock like he does with the destro and regular Fiddy's and he's just going to relume it for the small additional charge. I'll try to remember to post pics, it left Hong Kong a couple of days ago and is on it's way.