When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this GEN?

rolexmaniac88

Dear fellow members,

I just received my WM9 V3 from BK. So far so good. In order to make it close to perfect, i wanted to buy a gen insert. I had a friend who could hook me up with an AD. Unfortunately, the deal fell through. Since then, i've been browsing forums and the bay to find one, but no go! Steve Mulholland doesn't have any at the moment and $150 is a bit too much for my taste.

I found these from a seller and would like to get your opinion: is he legit? I added pictures from a milgauss he is currently selling, thinking that if he sells a gen watch, he shouldn't be selling aftermarket parts.

Will welcome any tips on the pictures or on where to get a gen insert at a reasonable price. Also, tell me if $150 is just the price out there, and i won't be able to find a decent one under this price range.

Why i'm suspicious ? The set for the bezel assembly, the retainer and the insert is for sale at €200 or $270. The gen crystal is at €50.

Also, if anyone could post what did you add to your WM9 (gen crown, tube) and the reference number on how to seek. I'm sure it won't just help me but all the people currently browsing these pages and just not finding the gems some members in here seems to find so easily!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Here are the pictures:

The set i'm after:

u987t12649622121.jpg

u987t12649625221.jpg

The Milgauss

u987t12644425921.jpg

u987t12644425923.jpg

u987t12644425924.jpg

The price is fine. A click spring and the flat washer and you'd have the whole bezel assembly. I agree w/ watcher, the tension ring and bezel look gen.

Where can i get those? Would the one from the WM9 fit?

One question: the whole bezel assembly will fit on the WM9 right?

Well, i already contacted the seller but he speaks german and i don't know if he speaks any english. I'll see if i get an answer.

$150 is ridiculous but thats what the market demands, so it IS on par. you can get older ones with the square 4 for $80, newer ones will def' run you $120 and up, negotiate for $120 but chances are good the damand will make it so you'll end up paying $150. you sure SteveM is dry? he always boasts about his hordes of parts and ability to get any part, ive seen the pics, stacks of inserts. Maybe he thinks you hang out on rep forums trying to buy gen parts to put in your rep :whistling:

a gen insert definitely looks better than any aftermarket i've ever seen, but $150 can buy a lot more of anything else. your sellers insert looks good.

as for my wm9 watch all I added was a better (clarks)crystal, and a gen insert ONLY because I had one from a previous project, if I didnt already have it i'd just use a WM one. what else does it really need?

$150 is ridiculous but thats what the market demands, so it IS on par. you can get older ones with the square 4 for $80, newer ones will def' run you $120 and up, negotiate for $120 but chances are good the damand will make it so you'll end up paying $150. you sure SteveM is dry? he always boasts about his hordes of parts and ability to get any part, ive seen the pics, stacks of inserts. Maybe he thinks you hang out on rep forums trying to buy gen parts to put in your rep :whistling:

a gen insert definitely looks better than any aftermarket i've ever seen, but $150 can buy a lot more of anything else. your sellers insert looks good.

as for my wm9 watch all I added was a better (clarks)crystal, and a gen insert ONLY because I had one from a previous project, if I didnt already have it i'd just use a WM one. what else does it really need?

What he offered me was just older inserts with tritium pearls for $100, no luminova. He did offered me something so i hope he is not thinking that. I don't know what i could have said for him to think that way.

Does anyone know where to source a gen insert and/or bezel apart from VRF and TZ. A lot are talking about ebay but i just can't figure out the proper way to find them. I know you have to search by serial numbers and not "insert submariner 16610". Any help would be much appreciated !

In general, how do you source gen parts?

NB: go on VRF on the sales section, a guy went nuts and is currently selling is entire collection of rolex only ! Some beasts among them ! The price are somewhat interesting for some of them, if anyone wants to pull the trigger, i would suggest going and take a look at this! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Probnably right about SteveM, he mostly specializes in vintage parts, not to say he doesn't have aource for new, because I believe he does. May not have one in stock right now though. I would keep looking on TZ and Rolex Forum sales forums. Wouldn't hurt to post a "Want To Buy" on those forums either.

If you go to the Rolex website, the current Milgauss has the EasyLink clasp which is the same as the GMT IIc Ceramic. It looks exactly like the one shown on the Milgauss the seller has for sale. i would think that this is a genuine watch.