When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interest in ETA movement holders for Yuki cases?

stilty

Thanks for the reply, I also asked my self what the hourwheel is for?

Could you please explan it?

If you are using a 2836 or 2846. Hand fitting height will be fine for the 1680.

For the 2824, I installed H.4 parts and it is fine for the 1680. I did not install hands as I was not going to use the movement, dial, in the 1680 case. I was only using it for test fitting. The gen dial/movement will go back in when I am done.

The hour wheel is what the hour hand attaches to.

Cannon Pinion is what the minute hand attaches to

The 4th Wheel is what the second hand attaches to.

They are available in different heights to allow for dial markers, etc.

If you are using a 2836 or 2846. Hand fitting height will be fine for the 1680.

For the 2824, I installed H.4 parts and it is fine for the 1680. I did not install hands as I was not going to use the movement, dial, in the 1680 case. I was only using it for test fitting. The gen dial/movement will go back in when I am done.

The hour wheel is what the hour hand attaches to.

Cannon Pinion is what the minute hand attaches to

The 4th Wheel is what the second hand attaches to.

They are available in different heights to allow for dial markers, etc.

So as I ordered a 2824 I would need to get a H4, do you get this somewhere quite easily?

well... I still have about 200 blanks, a Pad printer, and printing plates. just a matter of finding the correct ink mixture and the time to work on it... I know Mrs. Stilty would like something done with it all! LOL

I really hope to see a black&red Roulette DW to fit 28xx movt version of 6542 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

MG

what's the internal external diameter (in mm) of the movement ring?

Regards

P

inside dimensions are that of the ETA movement. OD dimensions are that of the Rolex movement. ETA fits snuggly in the holder, the holder matches the grooves of the Rolex case. stem position is matched so the stem does not bind in the tube.

• 2 weeks later...

Will the adapter work in a Yuki 1655 case?

If Yuki's 1655 case is made to gen spec, then it will fit. But the genuine 1575GMT movement is 0.17mm taller then the regular 1570 w/date, so in order for stem alignment, you will need to have a thin spacer between movement holder and dial, or just use a thicker layer of glue.

"have you tried to fit the hands on, also?"

rolex 1530/1560/1570 etc hands:

hour...120

minute...80

second...20

rolex 3035/3135:

Eta 2801/2824/36/46 etc:

late tudor Eta uses same hands as Eta 2824 etc

early tudor Eta 2451 etc:

Eta 2671 (lady size) etc:

So...

I doubt you can broach rolex 1530/1570 hour hands enough to fit the Eta hour wheel but the other two could be fitted with a little work. You might turn the Eta hour wheel hub down a little and broach the hour hand hole for the rest. I have not tried it though.

I have successfully fitted yuki tudor mercedes hands on to a 2836-2 a perfect fit!

Edited by aeromatic

***UPDATE*** TEST FITTINGS ARE IN FOR NON DATE PROJECTS

Thanks to another member for the loan of a genuine 1002 case, I was able to have a prototype movement holder made for the non date models.

These holders will be for non date models. 5500, 1002, 5513, 1016, 5517, etc. Either genuine or 1:1 aftermarket cases that accept 1530, 1570 non date movements.

The holders are made for ETA 2824-2 only. You will not be able to fit a 2836-2 or 2846 in the gen spec non date case! The stem will not align with the tube.

And speaking of stem alignment. Even the ETA 2824-2 is not perfectly aligned. The 2824-2 is slightly thicker then the Rolex 1570 movement and the stem sits slightly away from the dial.

Please see pictures.

This is a genuine Rolex 1002 case with an ETA 2824-2 mainplate fitted with the adapter. As you can see, the stem is slightly out off center in the tube. It is not bad and I don't really seeing it causing any problems as there is a tiny bit of play with the stem when installed in the movement anyway. I was able to screw in a crown with no problem.

15301.jpg

15302.jpg

15303.jpg

15304.jpg

15306.jpg

15305.jpg

The good news is there are no date overlays to worry about pinching down when you install the case clamps. This is a pretty easy and straightforward build. And if you really wanted a perfectly centered stem, all you need to do is sand between 0.05mm and 0.10mm off the back of the dial for the movement to sit deeper in the case.

Also, if you really want a slow beat movement, you just need to order a 2801 mainplate and install the 2846 workings (minus date device) and you will have a slow beat movement.

I know I have a fair amount of interest in holders for 1680 and 1665, but I would like to get a general idea of the interest in this particular holder. Again, these will be for 1:1 spec 5513, 5512, 5517 and 1016 cases. Or you could use them in genuine 1002, 5500, etc.

• 1 year later...