When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BaselWorld 2010

pilot

Who in the world are designing for Rolex now, and what are they smoking!! That has to be one of the ugliest group of watches i have ever seen. That all Green Sub would be wonderful for today, St.Patrick's Day and to wear to the Masters (Maybe Rolex plans to throw in a Green Sub to go with the Green Jacket), otherwise, It leaves me cold. Also the huge pearl is an accident looking for a place to happen.

The Datejusts are equally as bad, that all diamond thing with the upside down Roman numerals on the bottom half of the dial, whose idea was that. Looks like a designer suffereing from Dyslexia, and even worse the one with flowers or whatever all over the dial, unbelivable.

Just my 2 cents, but this makes the older models look better and better.

Rolex which in the past has been the most ultra conservative watch manufacturers in the world has succumbed to bigger and blingier. Too bad.

Arthur,

keep in mind that most Rolex buyers are tasteless nouveau rich people. They want gold, diamonds and garbage like that. They don't care about the brand history, legacy, traditions or anything. They buy Rolex because they want to show how much money they have. They have never heard of Steve McQueen Explorer II, white dial PanAm GMT Master or Newman Daytona.

Collectors and Rolex WIS in the watch forums are a different breed. At least I want to believe in that. :D

PS: Come to think of it... they might even use the same case for the upcoming Explorer II (if they ever plan to "update" it in similar fashion). That'd reduce the cost... I mean, they could produce 3 different watches in the same production line.

Don't like it - none of it.

That Explorer II is trying too hard - not working with the McQueen Orange hand IMO

I think the Rolex design team has taken a wrong turn but agree BT that they are catering to the audience

well, it's not close to a 1655 but...i really don't know. I cannot help but think about the Heritage Tudor: THAT IS SOME WATCH! :victory:

ROLEX is like collecting gold bars... dependable, expensive and conservative style....but seem unable to create new horological masterpieces...they are unable to think out of the box

Explorer II orange hand is officially pulled. It WON'T appear this year.

Some speculate that it might have been a direct competitor to Explorer I and they decided to postpone it for a year. Looks like the watch was ready to go already. Not that it was any different technically, just maxidial and that orange hand. Not a big loss, imho.

Here's another new terrible Rolex for you. You know, that plain ugly and boring new blue dial (the one that they used to replace the beautiful 16613) with diamonds. All in white gold... add an unbelievable price tag and you'll get the picture. Great purchase if you have too much money and no taste at all. :bangin:

2nq9nwk.jpg

I would not buy the gen LN Sub but Puretime's best edition is close enough if they brush the centre links.

The EXP with white bezel is beautiful and has prompted a call to my AD to place an order, shame it does not exist though!! No price yet and not likely to get it this year either according to them!

I would not buy the gen LN Sub but Puretime's best edition is close enough if they brush the centre links.

The EXP with white bezel is beautiful and has prompted a call to my AD to place an order, shame it does not exist though!! No price yet and not likely to get it this year either according to them!

was already prepping to sell the yachtie,

I will soo buy this one..