When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Basel world

FxrAndy

A very quick post

To be honest the main watch brands left me cold, unless you had an appointment all you could do was look through the glass from the out side, (makes me love reps even more) But i can confirm there is a 42mm PO chrono!

I spent 3/4 of my time today walking round and only really enjoyed the smaller manufactures (SINN was very nice) until i found the tools area

Ahhhhhhh kid in a sweety shop time! glad i dont have a visa as i could have spent millions and i mean that!

Best thing today was dinner and a beer with a new friend!

Thanks for showing us round, and for the safest parking i have ever had in the center of a city.

I will see how the photos come out tomorrow on the way home.

Best thing today was dinner and a beer with a new friend!

Thanks for showing us round, and for the safest parking i have ever had in the center of a city.

Thanks for the great evening! I really enjoyed your company very much. There's soooo much to learn for me about watches. :crazy:

Looking forward to seeing the pix.

Val.

Andy,

Also looking forward to the photos. From what I've read, Baselworld is gotten so large and so many people, if you're not a VIP, you sort of get swept along and it becomes almost like window shopping on a busy street. Was that your impression, or did you feel you were able to get up close and personal with anything you were interersted in?

That was very much the feeling, you need a business card to get any thing but if you do have a reason and the correct business card then the smaller brands are very nice to go and see, for me the tools were the best part to be honest as i came home with a big dept but i now have a mill and lathe!

Also the movement manufactures were very interesting to see, ETA, selita, myiota and soprod and some others.

Some photos

Tha main part of hall 1 (there are 6 halls on multi levels) The main makers like rolex ect had stands that were just obscenely large and expencive

DSCF0823.jpg

The only watch of interest to us that i got was the 42mm PO Chrono

DSCF0826.jpg

The main thing that i found as a horologist was a working replica of John Harrison H1

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

The original Thomas Prescher single, double and triple axis torbillons

DSCF0822.jpg

I have to say that bad taste was also in abundance

DSCF0814.jpg

But makers like SINN had smaller but very well visited stands

DSCF0816.jpg

On the whole for me personally it was a very worth while visit but if i had just gone to see the big brands i would have felt very let down!

That's an awesome reproduction of the H1 :tu: I wonder how many of the "I wouldn't buy a replica watch... :schmoll: " snoots would quite happily slap down the plastic to get that badboy as an office ornament ;):whistling: Sums up reps perfectly: It's not about 'the name on the dial', but a recreation of what that piece represents :victory:

Thanks for sharing Andy. I like the way you rocked that RWG ring. Think about It, :g: a Replica Watch Group ring In the middle of the biggest gathering of watch co and buyers on the planet. That pic should be a part of your sig, just awesome :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Thanks for sharing Andy. I like the way you rocked that RWG ring. Think about It, :g: a Replica Watch Group ring In the middle of the biggest gathering of watch co and buyers on the planet. That pic should be a part of your sig, just awesome :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

+1 Andy

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Beano

I would not say it was a play ground for the rich but hall one was the big players area and to get in the corporate areas/showrooms you had to be a big player

Ref the ring no one in there noticed what you were wearing unless your name was hiyek (sic)or stern

And i spent most of my time eyeing up the ladies as well, and there were a lot, even my wife commented on how many hot women there were!

I would not say it was a play ground for the rich but hall one was the big players area and to get in the corporate areas/showrooms you had to be a big player

Ref the ring no one in there noticed what you were wearing unless your name was hiyek (sic)or stern

And i spent most of my time eyeing up the ladies as well, and there were a lot, even my wife commented on how many hot women there were!

As far as your wife commenting on how many "hot women" there were,??? :shock: Well thats about as good as It gets as far as Im concerned. It seems that your quite the lucky guy Andy. :drinks: Mike

Well at least i dont get a slap for looking, but i think was just a casual observation.

Fair enough :good: Some women will take your head off for just a quick glance. What you looking at,? or the ever popular, " So ya like that huh? and we cant forget "what does she have that I dont have"? How about a different address for starters B. :D OK enough from me :pardon:

Fair enough :good: Some women will take your head off for just a quick glance. What you looking at,? or the ever popular, " So ya like that huh? and we cant forget "what does she have that I dont have"? How about a different address for starters. :D OK enough from me :pardon:

Yup... :black_eye: