When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland, first take

By-Tor

Very nice picture By-tor. Having owned a few reps from the Avenger series, I can safely say that the Skyland is the one I like most. It seems to sit on my wrist better than any other Avenger I have tried....that may change if I ever get to try on a Ti Seawolf though :)

Lovely job, BT :drinks:

To echo the sentiments of others: yes it is a extremely well made rep. One of the best ever reps that graced my wrist.

With a mini-relume, service and pressure test - this could fool the owner into thinking it was gen!

ha..

haha!

ahahaha!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!

I hope you like it, scratch that.. I know you're going to love it! Graphite V2?

Check those bezel screws. They aren't threaded. Should give way with a little twist, then will spin freely. Pop em out with a screwdriver on the side of the head. Dab some loc-tite gel superglue in each hole, then pop em back in.

pssst- I just got a blacksteel!

Wow the lume on yorus is very good. What version is that if your dont mind and from which seller did you purchase.?

I got mine from RWG's own Breitling guy, Importr. He picked this one up from a dealer who was willing to send him a picture of the actual watch. Yes, 1,2 and 4 lume dots aren't perfect (they never are) but it can only be seen in huge macro pictorials. With naked eye you can't see any problems, the application is top notch.

5a.jpg

I definitely wanted v2 and that's what it is.

@Henrik: About bracelet. I really spent a lot of time with it... first 12 hours in oil, then metal polishing paste (Unipol) with some HEAVY rubbing, then more oil, more polishing, then clean with hot water -> Car turtle wax on the surface. Huge difference. HUGE. Not as nice as my gen Steelfish Pro bracelet but still nice.

And sorry guys, not selling this one unfortunately. BCE didn't do it for me but Skyland is pretty amazing (when you see it in the flesh). And I doubt I could find another example with as nice dial. I wanted a bling Breitling and this fills the gap nicely.

I try to make a full pictorial tomorrow. :)

@P4GTR: Thanks for the tip of the bracelet screws. Will check them.

Deniz,

I use Unipol metal polishing paste and bicycle oil.

2f6c60f730.jpg

You only need a piece of canvas. Place the paste on the bracelet surface and rub as strongly as you can. Repeat the treatment 3,4 times over and then soak the bracelet into oil. Let it be there for 10-12 hours.

Oiling is the most important. Bend the stif links as much as you can (when it's oiled). It can take 10-15 minutes to "smoothen" them.

Then clean it up and use car wax to create the silky feel on the bracelet surface. Others have different methods that might be as good but this works for me. Rep bracelets aren't good when they're new but this kind of treatment makes a GIGANTIC difference.

Wow thank you :) i have a autosol chromepolish i gues that work also, im only sacred that it to rough and will make little hairlines and swirls in it. And can i ask you what kind of oil i can use for the bracelet then? Do you think that a kind of chain wax will do the same job? Thank you and sorry for all that questions bytor. But you did a real great job on yours:)

Wow thank you :) i have a autosol chromepolish i gues that work also, im only sacred that it to rough and will make little hairlines and swirls in it. And can i ask you what kind of oil i can use for the bracelet then? Do you think that a kind of chain wax will do the same job? Thank you and sorry for all that questions bytor. But you did a real great job on yours:)

Deniz the very best thing you can use on your bracelet Is a credit card, thats right a credit card. This Is what you do.... you order a gen bracelet for your Skyland, no worries It's only $900.00 :yahoo::rofl: Im sorry Deniz I could not resist. I use mineral oil and cape cod cloth or polishing cloth for small Imperfections. Also By-Tor's method Is very good. Im sure you will be very happy with the results. :thumbs: Mike

The first photo will increase Skyland sales no doubt! Congrats By-Tor.....I will have an opportunity to at least see one of these in the flesh thanks to one of our great members *hint hint* :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Enjoy it in great health.

sorry for asking so stupid again :pardon: but bytor did you used bicycle motor oil ?

and today i tryd to polish a polished panerai strap buckle, with autosol metal polish.. but the only thing i did was making swirls and not a mirror like finish.. what did i wrong updatefind that unipol metal polish on the bay, for a few euros and orderd it, only 3 euros :thumbsupsmileyanim:

sorry for this thread bashing bytor :( but this will be my last question about that :D

I think the AR is good. Of course I didn't remove it. It's quite gen-like (compared to my Fish). Blue isn't too apparent and I had to try hard to capture the hue in a picture.