When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

coin edge bezel, any available?

catboy

im looking for a coin edge bezel assembly for a cg-less sub project, but i can't find any references to one existing.. i gues its a pretty niche thing, but wondered if any one knows of a rep bezel whihc might do the job (i can't afford a gen :mellow: )

thanks in advance

ben

When you refer to it as a coin edge bezel, are you meaning an older bezel like on a 5508? Maybe like the one on this Tudor?

7924sale21.jpg

The closest thing we've found is this watch from Silix- Rols176-

http://www.silix-prime.com/rols176-p-2188.html

Of course, you're paying a lot just to get a bezel and if you have a case already, the bezel may not fit.

It would help if you could be more specific as to what you're trying to build.

yes thats basically what im looking for, but i really only want the bezel as the case is nice and aged. I will have to take a look once the watch arrives and see what the bezel arrangement is and hat might work, otherwise i will have to consider making my own i guess..

Just looking at the pic Mr. Goat posted makes me think there might be enough "meat" on the edge of a "standard" rep Sub bezel to re-machine with notches instead of scallops. I may try this next week as I now have a small rotary/indexing fixture for my mill. Could somebody verify the number of these "notched and their width/depth? From the picture it looks like there are 72?

I counted 75 on the bezel from rhondalm. Printed the pic and counted them. I couldn't count the ones on the tudor 7924 because the ones between 40 and 50 were too hard to see. Andrew Shear's pic isn't any better- pretty well worn bezel also. I can count my NDT 5508 tonite. This bezel insert is basically the same size as the 5513 and the bezel has the 8 sided 'paper clip' running around the inside of it. Here's my 5508

P1000253-1.jpg

imgCAIZFXR9.jpg

Here's another cool watch- the 6542- similar bezel, but like freddy says, it may not be quite the same!

thats some great info guys.. i was actually considering making one myself, but looking at it you might be right; the coin edge is not very deep nad not very wide so it might be that i can machine the bezel i already have..

i'm not 100% sure what the case is as its a watch i brought semi-modded from neckyzips and its not arrived yet

i will wait until it gets here and take a look, but the two things i'd really like to do are put a coin edge bezel on, and change out the crown for a brevet one..

i thought i had the crown and tube covered with a DSN one, but when i spoke to him this morning its a panerai crown and not a rolex one so i don't think its any good.. back to the drawing board!!..

b :)

couple of pics of the watch; its not the most accurate thing in the world by any stretch, however i really liked it and all the hard to do (for me) internal modding had been done so snapped it up!

as you can see the the bezel is a standard sub type, plus the crown is a wider standard one which has been cut down to make it thinner/sit closer to the case, however i'd like to stick an 8mm brevet crown and tube on there if i can find one

pics stolen from neckyzips; i have no skills in the photography department whatsoever :bangin:

bond.jpg

bond2.jpg

Edited by catboy

Nice! I think the easiest route for you would be to mill the side of that bezel to add the coin edge. Just extend your fluting down the sides and you're home and dry.

• 1 year later...

Nobody ever responded with any kind of dimensions. If a standard Sub bezel has enough OD to be able to turn off a little bit then the "notches" could then be milled around the outer edge. It looks to me like there would be...

Nice find Japanic, those typically go for around $1,000. I got one for a 6538 build in that condition for slightly less.

I've still got that coin edge 6536 aftermarket bezel if anyone wants to take measurements and replicate it.

• 6 months later...