When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

slightly miffed

mr mg

well I realise that this might be slightly inflammatory =@ , but I want to understand why the mods moved a post I put up, asking for help to save some poor bugger from buying a very low-quality replica rep on Ebay Australia. It is currently listed at $360 USD with a day to go... I was hoping a little pressure from ebay might help.

The post was moved, without any reason given, to the Breitling area (yes it is a Breitling rep). I really don't see how this is an exclusively "Breitling" issue however?? What it is; is a great way to kill a thread and any chance there was of saving someone from getting scammed.

Now look, I don't presume to try to tell mods how to run their site, particularly as a relative noob to RWG. But as a financial contributor, I would think that I would at least get some response from when I respectfully enquired about it being moved. So I also realise that I will probably be blacklisted here for asking this publicly :black_eye: , but I tried it through the proper, more respectful avenues. So I guess I'm after some concensus.

If I was wrong to start a thread like that to save someone being scammed, I apologise. But my understanding of this community and what makes it stand out from some of the others and part of the reason I pay to be a member, includes the integrity and way that everyone here functions as a community and 'gives a [censored]'. If that's not the case, and I am wrong, then it's just another forum of information... I hope that by posting here, I will get a better understanding of the why's and what is okay to post here.

matt

thank you Ken, I appreciate your response and stand corrected. I had thought the scammers section was mostly for sellers on here and dealers. I will be more careful next time.

thanks again.

You are correct, this place exists to spread information and stop scammers if possible. The Scammers section would be most appropriate for it.

Personally the only way I view the forum is by "new stuff" so I see all topics and threads. I suspect many do, so your post assuredly was seen by many.

Blacklisted? Don't even think about it. That's not how we operate. We take plenty of licks for the way the board is run, and often learn from them. We're not here to squelch discussion, certainly not to hide a post about an outed scammer. Sic the dogs on them, I say!

So keep up the good work, and thanks for helping to stop scammers. Spread the knowledge around.

thank you everyone, your responses are humbling. I apologise for coming on so strong. I think I brought with me and transfered what I had seen and experienced on other forums. Now I understand that the mods are actually leading the culture on this forum, rather than inhibiting it.

Nanuq, your reply demonstrates real leadership, thank you.

I appreciate the time, genuiness and generous way you responded to me and my concerns. I'm sorry to have been so outspoken, wen I was obviously over-reacting.

Happy Easter to you all.

matt