When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I want a Navitimer with slide rule markings that line up

sneed12

and correct datefont. I would pay out the nose for those two things.

If someone could show me a serie speciale in blue, with good slide rule markings and correct datefont, I would pay through the nose. Even better if there was a Navi World out there with those two things and no sunken datewheel.

The Navis are the only reps I've never been happy with. Anyone else feel that way?

You are correct Antstar, Gen...if someone is willing to pay "out the nose" for it..might as well go gen! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Rep makers are not going to updates these models to fix the issues. Sunken DW are the norm. and that is not likely to change around here…no mater how much we complain about it. The sunken DW is actually a easy fix on the GMT models. As far as the slide rule markers not lining up…who is ever going to notice, or EVER know how the slide rule works?

I use the slide rule on my Nighthawk literally every time I am wearing it!

Just ordered a 7750 Serie Speciale from Josh, I guess we'll see how my luck with the slide rule markings goes...

I brought a Serie Speciale off of Andrew a few months ago and got this version....

nav5.jpg

nai1.jpg

Slide rule lines up and case and bezel more accurate but datewheel a little more sunken.

Overall a good replica... Let us know what version you get from Josh...

Cheers

P.

What do you think about this version :)

299-2834384A70UC520395X.jpg

Its a quartz homage model. As far as the sliderule goes, it looks terrible. When the hash marks on the insert don't go all the way to the dial and touch the hash marks on the dial, its a dead giveaway. I can spot those as the cheapest fakes from 10 feet away.

I brought a Serie Speciale off of Andrew a few months ago and got this version....

nav5.jpg

nai1.jpg

Slide rule lines up and case and bezel more accurate but datewheel a little more sunken.

Overall a good replica... Let us know what version you get from Josh...

Cheers

P.

I think I ordered the same version, but with blue face and blue leather strap.

10.jpg

Hopefully I'll have the same kind of luck with the slide rule.

Does anyone know why the datewheel on the standard-config 7750's are slightly sunken? That doesn't make much sense to me, there isn't any additional module between the movement and the dial to account for the extra thickness...

My money is on that they use the same case. Hence the same movement hold down locations. Hence a GMT module without the gearing. Without the GMT module or spacer, they would need a new case with movement anchor points closer to the dial.

Just my best educated guess.

You have to remember there are MULTIPLE manufactures out there building multiple variants. I am sure each one references what they have built in the past to make new models and NOT reinvent the wheel. Don't forget in the World of reps close is good enough for these guys as the manufactures know we will buy them.

Simple fix you would think...but if that were the case, then we would have reps that are PERFECT to the gens. :whistling:

Well, I'm eating crow. This watch is beautiful!

navi1.jpg

Slide rule alignment is pretty darn good. Not perfect, but I've seen gens with worse--my Nighthawk was worse when I first got it, and this is about as good as the factory was able to get it.

navi2.jpg

Nice signed rotor.

navi3.jpg

Slightly sunken datewheel I can live with, slightly off datefont I can live with.

That blue strap is a lot... brighter... than I thought it would be. I've swapped it out for a brown as you can see, hopefully the blue will start growing on me soon :)

• 1 month later...

You are correct Antstar, Gen...if someone is willing to pay "out the nose" for it..might as well go gen! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Rep makers are not going to updates these models to fix the issues. Sunken DW are the norm. and that is not likely to change around here

That's a stunner Navichief, I love it!

I used to own the earliest version of the rep Serie Speciale.

The problem is that Serie Speciale versions should be all brushed, and the reps came with polished cases and bracelets. I don't know how they are now though.

Gen.

breitling-fighters-dial2.jpg

It's my favorite Navitimer hands down... I love the brushed version.

I have an old version rep with a 21K A7750. Even though the back is from a Serie Speciale, the dial doesn't have the words wrapped around the sub-dial. The date font is wrong, but that could be easily fixed, at least it's not sunken.

Best of all the slide rule lines up nearly perfect.

Navitimer_Dial.jpg

Note: Although the ticks don't appear to line up on he left side, they actually do, it's some kind of optical illusion due to the camera angle.

The dial print quality is exceptionally good on that Dude. :good:

I wonder how difficult it would be to brush the case & bracelet. If they ever come up with a super rep of this, I'll be all over it.

I wonder how difficult it would be to brush the case & bracelet. If they ever come up with a super rep of this, I'll be all over it.

I don't know, I did it once on a Comex SeaDweller bracelet, and it came out really good, but the case, is something else altogether, I don't trust myself.

On the other hand, I though only the Serie Speciale were brushed/satin finish, the regular Navis were not. If this is the case, my does not look like a Serie Speciale (other than the back), so can I get away with it the way it is?

If they did I'd take a navi in every dial colour ;o)

I've thought about brushing it, and I know its been done to good results (there was a thread on here I believe with someone who did it years ago). I've brushed bracelets and it was shockingly easy, but I imagine the pushers and crown would be pretty delicate work. For now I'm content with the polished look....I'd have a gen dial if they weren't $125+.

Frankly now I just wander the forums looking for an V3 Breitling datewheel for sale. I missed one last week and felt none-to-good about it.

The Rep makers are not going to updates these models to fix the issues. Sunken DW are the norm. and that is not likely to change around here