When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 1680 is just about done

FxrAndy

Well the 1680 is just about done after the love i have found with the double red that you can read about here, just waiting for some gen endlinks to arrive so i have a miss matched pair on right now, The dial has been relumed a light ivory with Tritec/wifes foundation powder mix just a touch darker than the DRSD, I have to admit the job is not as good as on the SD but it is for me and me only so i have to live with it, the spring bars are the generic rolex type from CousinsUK and apart from the ends not being rounded they look and fit well, Clarkes crystal with about 6 x magnification by the looks of it, Gen crown and tube fitted 93150 hollow link bracelet and a PMWF inser and relumed Ofrie pearl, All in all i think it looks good.

Photo0352.jpg

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0354.jpg

Photo0359.jpg

Photo0361.jpg

Photo0362.jpg

Photo0365.jpg

Yea yea i know they should not glow but i like lume ok!

Photo0366.jpg

Photo0367.jpg

Sorry about the pics i had to do them with my phone as my camera is still dead after the swim yesterday, but they are not too bad.

A big thanks to all for the tips and threads on modding over the past 4-5 years.

Congrats! Nice looking pair of watches. I especially like the reluming- part of the fun of a vintage rep, IMO.

The PMWF insert and Ofrei pearl is also a nice touch, and the 1680 is my idea of a great beater rep- not too expensive, but great looking. Good job.