When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New mod to my holy grail.

sander

Although it was almost perfect (see here the original post: http://www.rwgforum....-my-holy-grail/), one thing kept bothering me.

The thick case back. Time to trim it down.

It was way more time consuming than expected but the results are great.

I thought that it will take half an hour but it took like 3 hours.

The hardest part was to brush and polish the side.

Originally it was 2,39mm and I trimmed it down to 1,58mm.

Although 0,81mm doesn't seem much, in reality it's a huge difference.

It looks way more gen now.

Also I got I call that my gen deployment arrived, so I picked it up and now it's complete.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Sander

side by side with non modded one.

post-9210-127092822509_thumb.jpg

Inside with room for gasget.

post-9210-127092825588_thumb.jpg

Back mounted on the watch.

post-9210-127092824181_thumb.jpg post-9210-127092823348_thumb.jpg

Gen deployment (look at the marks on the inside. Our reps don't have it.)

post-9210-127092827928_thumb.jpg post-9210-127092828782_thumb.jpg

Gen strap as well.

post-9210-127092832259_thumb.jpg post-9210-127092830089_thumb.jpg

On metal.

post-9210-127092833748_thumb.jpg post-9210-127092834796_thumb.jpg post-9210-1270928357_thumb.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

Great watch sander, congratulations. A lot of work, I cannot actually imagine the amount of work needed to move the winding crown down.

How about bezel screws - is there any special trick you used to align them perfectly? I tried to align mine but there is always something a little wrong, I mean you cannot see it normally but if you look closely or under a loupe they are a bit incorrect... It looks as if bezel holes were a bit too big for these screws so they have a little play when in.

Great watch sander, congratulations. A lot of work, I cannot actually imagine the amount of work needed to move the winding crown down.

First I sanded the bezel a little (I guess about 0,1mm or so) and then gave it a new brushed finish. I also polished the screws again.

That's all I did to it.

How about bezel screws - is there any special trick you used to align them perfectly? I tried to align mine but there is always something a little wrong, I mean you cannot see it normally but if you look closely or under a loupe they are a bit incorrect... It looks as if bezel holes were a bit too big for these screws so they have a little play when in.

Thanks man.

I sanded down the bezel a little (I guess about 0,1mm or so) and then a gave it a new brushed finish.

I also polished the screws.

That's all victory.gif

Ciao,

Sander

• 8 months later...

That looks fantastic, mate!

I have to admit I don't really get how you did it... I suppose you sanded the CB from the downside as you would have damaged the engraving otherwise. But how did the thread stay intact? Can you explain how you did this a little more, please? Sorry if I'm just dumb... <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sanders,

How did you trimed the caseback? would you consider selling one of those?

Let me know.

Pm me please

Hello Sanders,

I read about your works on AP ROO, I think you are doing a great job adnd that you are the man I am looking for :-)

I just bought a Lemania LWO 283 movement, to install it in my AP ROO Black Theme rep, will you be able to make the job and rectify the caseback?

Please let me know how long would it take and how much :-)

Where are you located? I am located in Spain.

Best.

Avax

Hi Sander.

Your work is, as always, spectacular!

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to mount a thinned-out caseback onto a watch with the Asian 7750, or is the movement too thick? Also, I'm sure that this is on the mind of many here, but what would you charge for a supermod with correct movement, gen dial, tachy ring, hands and thinned-out caseback with no strap?

Edited by Imaknockov