When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By-Tor's All-Star Team 2010

By-Tor

I think youve picked the best of the bunch BT! Each one of your watches is further education for the rest of us :thumbsupsmileyanim: So keep collecting, writing awesome reviews and just being cool 8) ATB.

• 1 month later...

Okay... I think I want another watch.

I have been bitten by the famous Breitling Bug. I'd like to have one Breit with Pilot bracelet and I considered the rep of new Chronomat B01. It's actually a great rep and with black dial/black dw the recessed date isn't a problem... but Importr talked me out of it. He said it's extremely blingy.

Then I started to think about TAG Link and how amazing looking watch it is.

Just like all addicts we think that our next watch is the "final piece" that's missing from our puzzle. Just like many cigarette smokers always buy that "one last box" before they quit. :D

I'm a steel bracelet man through and through and Link bracelet is one of the nicest (if not THE nicest) watch bracelet ever.

I just saw the gen Calibre 16 Link Chronograph today when I went to the downtown. The one with 2xAR and display back. Amazing.

22561.jpg

I almost walked away from the store with it but then I remembered that there are more important purposes for that money, like my son's new savings account.

I think I might get the brushed bezel rep version now. It doesn't have the reflective dial issue that my old blue rep had.

Or then I'll buy another BTR. It's the only rep I regret of selling... it had the highest quality finish and bracelet I've ever seen on a replica watch.

2.jpg

Kinda funny, I'm buying my old watches back.

Waddya suggest? :Jumpy:

• 1 month later...

Hi Ryaku. I totally agree. Aquatimer is a great looking watch but unfortunately the yellow one is my favorite and it has not been repped. Or they have but the gen yellow is only available in Ti.

I doubt I'll be buying any more watches anytime soon though. I just got the B01 and that's going to be my last one for now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey By-Tor

did you change your lineup for 2011?

Did you ever get a chance to get the new uPO 42mm that recently came out?

Happy late new year :D

Hi,

I only bought the new Breitling B01 after this pictorial and it was my last replica watch review (for now).

And no, I haven't got the new uPO 42mm, and I doubt I even will. Having 6-7 watches is ideal for me.

I traded my Ebel BTR, and I really miss that replica. If I ever buy another replica watch, it will be that one.

Thanks for the interest man. :good:

• Like 1

Um, you've linked to a hockey site. :lol:

Damn... how did that come there. That mod is a great hockey video game btw... love it!!!

Good that I didn't link to my usual pr0n & warez sites. :D

Great collection of watches, though. Enviable.

Thanks man. Appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks By-Tor for your involvement on this forum. Usefull for new comers like me.

On another topics about BTR, you said:

"I decided that I won't be buying more gens for now so now I'd like to re-purchase it but Joshua said that there will be a new version with tight subdial spacing (and possibly that amazing rotor). Decisions, decisions..."

This was one year ago in 2010 somewhere. Do you know if such a new version is now available with some reliable dealers with qualitative bracelet? I definitely want one (i like the black and yellow version). Do you recommend the metal bracelet or leather since it is no more first batch quality?

THKS

frank,

I have no idea. If that ever comes out, you can be sure that I will be the first on the line to buy it. :good:

I'm very happy with my collection but I'm looking for a white BTR now. I have never seen a picture of the rep (save the dealers' photos). I'd love to see it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Thanks By-Tor! After reading your post here I have grew to love these watches style. Seeing how you describe them and wears them just make them looks beautiful. My first target, not my first watch, but first inspiration from this forum, will be Tag Aquaracer Auto Chrono Date - probably a gen :D

I see that you have been absent for a while and I really do hope you would be back to make these incredible reviews. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for those words.

I see you had posted that almost exactly a year ago.

I haven't bought a new watch in years.

Tell me... could it be that there STILL isn't a good replication of the GMT 1675?

I went to Trusty/Joshua's site a while back and all I saw was pure garbage advertised as "Great new vintage Rolex line". Junks. :bad:

Is that still the case?

Thanks for those words.

I see you had posted that almost exactly a year ago.

I haven't bought a new watch in years.

Tell me... could it be that there STILL isn't a good replication of the GMT 1675?

I went to Trusty/Joshua's site a while back and all I saw was pure garbage advertised as "Great new vintage Rolex line". Junks. :bad:

Is that still the case?

Afraid so my friend, Still can't get them right. crown is too big, crown guards are wrong, and on and on. to compound the problem, there are no more ETA movements, even though some of the TD's claim that they have them in their watches. What they do have are movements with a hodgepodge of Swiss and Asian parts, or ETA clones of various degrees of quality. While there are some very good reps out there now, they still can't get some right. To me, the weak link in a lot of cases is the movement.

Glad to see you back, looking forward to some forthcoming reviews.