When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking about pulling the trigger, is this rep worth $1000?

Mixtimp

I'm still doing my due diligence, but I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this:

http://www.perfect-hour.com/vc10032-malte-tourbillon-white-dial-real-tourbillon-p-635.html

Has anyone purchased one, or one similar? I've had fantastic service from Josh, and I want to continue my business with him. I'm hoping to get some more experienced watch afficienados opinions before spending a grand on a rep. Thanks.

Edit: In case hotlinking to Josh's site is not enabled, please look at: VC10032 Malte Tourbillon WG White Dial Real Tourbillon

Edited by Mixtimp

No replica is truly worth this price...we are mad to buy these :) but if this is the watch you want above all others its more afordable than the genuine

a genuine

vc-malte-tourbillon-reg.jpg

I dont think I would ever spend a $1000 on a rep, but thats just me. I might consider the Roger Dubuis Easy Diver Flying Tourbillon. At $600.00 I would still have to give It a lot of thought. :g: If this Is something you really want and you have the funds, go for It :good: Good luck on whatever your decision :) Mike

There's just something about a tourbillon... Absolutely mesmerizing. I do miss mine at times...

IMG_3737.jpg

maybe a type of power reserve = 50 hour power reserve?

Edited by Gran

Its a beautiful watch, but it would be tough for me to pull the trigger a that cost, too many others on my want list. Of course it's all relative, what's the Gen cost?

The gen is like $170k. I can afford the rep, but I don't think the wife would be okay with selling the house so I can buy a watch, lol.

Exactly....Ha! Now if you had said, "I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, is this watch worth $179,000?", then, I would be saying not just no, but HELLLLLL no......ha!

That was my point about it being relative, and I think, what others have meant about you liking the watch, if you do, and can afford it, then go for it. I personally would rather use that $1000 to buy 3 other good quality reps but that is just because I love too many different watches and cant seem to decide on just one or two (which is why I got into reps to begin with) Some day, after I have seen as many of the good quality replicas, I will narrow it down to purchase the gen version of my top few favorites, but after seeing the quality rep versions, and how some of these guys can modify them to get them close to gen, that may never happen unless I just feel the need to have the gen version because it's....Genuine....

When you think about spending large sums on reps, You would expect to get something that is almost indistinguishable from the gen, at least to the untrained eye.

The rep

3.jpg

The gen

vacheron-constantin.jpg

Now I'm not going to list all the flaws, there are jst too many to count. But, at that price you would have at least expected the Tourbillon to have been decorated with the VC cross as per the gen. IMO, if you are planning on spending that much on a watch, go for an unbranded Tourby, as a rep is not going to fool anyone and is just going to be looked down upon by anybody that knows about watches.

BTW, you also have to consider who is going to service it if it should stop working 6 months down the road due to improper lubrication. You might end up with a very expensive paperweight in very short order.

Andrew makes some very good points that should be seriously considered. If I had a extra $1000.00 right now I would probably purchase a gen. There are some very nice gens at or around that price. I like Hamiltons,one of my favorite brands reguardles of price. If you take your time you can get one hell of a deal on a Hamilton. Not only will you have a genuine timepieces but you will have a watch with a history of excellence. Just my opinion of course, again good luck :) Mike