When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thanks to Ubi...My 9411!

chiman12

The Tudor 9411 has always been one of my grail watches. I didn't want to buy a gen, fearing that they would be super-frankens and not the real deal. So I decided that I would eventually embark in building a fraken 9411 myself. But everything fell into place one day...

I managed to source a gen dial, hands, and a tropic 125 from my new RWG friend Ubi (thank you sir!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif) I had a gen triplock tube/crown in my parts box, purchased a Yuki case, and sourced a 2793 from an old Titus and KAPOW!!!

One of my simpler builds, because everything fit perfectly together!!! The dial has a slight patina to it, now all I have to do is vintage the case a bit.

On to the pics...

P1013234.jpg

P1013235.jpg

P1013236.jpg

I actually don't like NATO straps, but the skunk strap in my parts box just might have found a home...dirol.gif

Once again, I can't thank Ubi enough for making this project come true!!! He is truly a great guy to deal and to chat with!!!

Thanks for looking guys!!!

Very nice, I'm sure that'll be getting a lot of wrist time :tu: I'm not a fan of NATO straps myself, but that's precisely what my Snowflake project will be going on :) I think for this particular watch, with its military history, the NATO straps are the only way to go :tu:

That's a great looking Tudor. I would just let the case vintagize with wear. It may take a little while, but it's always more realistic from my viewpoint.I think the "skunk" NATO looks really nice on this watch.

Here is my "naturally vintagized 9411, one of my favorite watches.

Tudor9411b.jpg