When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Never seen Blade Runner

redwatch

Ok folks. A lot of people have given me grief over this so it's time to finally watch this movie. I do love Sci Fi movies, so it's amazing that I haven't seen this yet. My question is, for a first time viewing, should I watch the Directors Cut or the newer Final Cut with more stuff in it?

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ok folks. A lot of people have given me grief over this so it's time to finally watch this movie. I do love Sci Fi movies, so it's amazing that I haven't seen this yet. My question is, for a first time viewing, should I watch the Directors Cut or the newer Final Cut with more stuff in it?

...And they SHOULD have given you grief over it. Lots more grief than you probably got. Blade Runner is one of the great SciFi classics.

As for which version....those two are just a scratch in the surface. There are more versions of that movie than you can shake a dead cat at. I've got an HD-DVD boxset which has five or six different versions.

In the final dust-off, there aren't really any huge differences in any of them. Mostly it's just changes in editing....mostly in the editing of the final minute or three of the film.

Spin the wheel...pick one and go from there.

After you see it....come back and tell us what you think!

.....sT

Final Cut for sure. It also just came out on BluRay.

Then after you watch "Blade Runner", rent "Ghost in the Shell" (The original movie circa 1995). "Blade Runner" inspired "Ghost in the Shell", and "Ghost in the Shell" inspired "The Matrix"

Blade Runner, regardless of which 'cut' you see is not only a great Sci Fi film...it is without doubt one of the best films ever made. IMO.

In my case I feel that it is my favorite film, period.

I have probably watched it more than a dozen times, am familiar with every scene, and never grow tired of it.

In the last few years there has been only one other film(s) that I have the same feeling about, and that would be the Bourne series. Those too, I never grow tired of watching.

Go figure.

Casablanca...Gone with the Wind...Citizen Kane...forget about it.

You probably know this but the "original" version had his voice over which I liked, everyone else complains about this gave an idea of who Dekkard was and what had gone before to get where he was now. I saw this in the cinema when it first came out and though a good movie I was in my early teens I felt it was a little to slow at the time , I have seen 2 other releases at the cinema the final one about 2 years ago and it blew me away it really needs to be seen in the cinema to be appreciated and with out the voice over I found to have completely different character, I found myself not liking him at all which was great . I still dont no if if is a replicant or not , I never thought he was when it originally came out. What ever version you see its an experience that I dont think there will ever be another film quite like Bladerunner its depiction of the future as bleak as it is, is as realistic as anything you might see, Enjoy